Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Smoking

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeroboam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Smoking
    Posted: 27 Jun 2008 at 11:14pm
Does anyone here smoke?
If so do you stick with cigs?

I have been a social smoker off and on over the years usually when I went out drinking, but recently with a pregnancy we both just stopped it.

I did the cigar thing and swisher sweet thing at keggers when I was in high school as we didn't know better about good cigars, and then the cigar craze took off and nice cigars became more expensive.

Then I bought an old pipe at a garage sale and cleaned it up with advice from a tobacco shop guy.

So I have periodically relaxed with pipe smoking, but it has proven to be something one must plan and think through, especially now that my wife's olfactory senses could shame an airport beagle.

Also I have heard that there is actually a movement in tobacco for heirloom grown, and small plot owned that doesn't pay in to "big tobacco". Though some argue that any consumption of ANY type of one product enhances the market of the whole product entirely.

Either way, I just enjoy it.

Just curious about others on here.

Sponsored Links

Big Momma View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
I donated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Momma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2008 at 11:30pm
The only thing I have ever smoked is the occasional cigar, not the small ones, but, big, fat stogies!! I would go fishing with my Brother and we would stand on the bank talking and puffing. I got pretty good at spitting and could nip the end off and light it myself. I haven't done it in over ten years, but, I enjoyed it when I did.
CatWoman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatWoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2008 at 11:37pm
I smoke cigarettes.  When I was a "social drinker", I enjoyed beer and cocktails with a nice, quality cigar.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2008 at 12:22am
I smoke.  I buy whatever name brands are on special---2 for 1, or 3 for 2.  Thing is, most of the time, I take 2 or 3 puffs, and put the rest out.  I often use a cigarette snuffer, which leaves the remainder of the cigarette intact, but I rarely end up smoking the rest of those cigarettes.  What a waste, huh?  Well, at least I'm not paying $5 per pack.  It usually works out to about $2.50-$3.50 per pack.

CatWoman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatWoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2008 at 12:46am
I buy loose tobacco and cigarette tubes.  I have a "Premier Supermatic Twin" cigarette maker.  I'm thrifty.  Cheap.  Broke but addicted.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2008 at 12:54am
Originally posted by MrsHill MrsHill wrote:

I buy loose tobacco and cigarette tubes.  I have a "Premier Supermatic Twin" cigarette maker.  I'm thrifty.  Cheap.  Broke but addicted.

Hmmmm...a friend of mine came by yesterday to get one of my half-smoked cigarettes.  Said he just wanted the paper tube, not the tobacco inside.

Shhhhh!!  I think he was gonna put pot in it.  Don't tell anyone!  Shocked

CatWoman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatWoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2008 at 1:55am
I'll never tell, Thor.  Never.

Angry McPisseron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2008 at 1:56am
Been there, done that, got the cake...yes, I've spent a small amount of time in the late-1980s picking up "snipes" (partially used "siggerets").

Though usually I use Marlboro 100s. :)

DirtyD79 View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DirtyD79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2008 at 10:47am
Usually I chew tobacco. Although I also like an occasional cigar. My favorite brands of them are Gurkha and those Kahlua flavored ones from Drew Estate.  
Mind on My Money, Money on My Beer
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2008 at 4:29pm
We used to smoke a lot..Nothing was scarier than a 'locked & loaded' MissyD, with a 'More Menthol 100' hanging out of the corner of her mouth - 'twas her 'signature image' for many years ...I was a MBLightShort, box-only; no true old-style computer scientist could be trusted if they didn't smoke, drink, and drink tons of coffee... 
Cigs are $6 a pack in New York, now (unless you go to the Indian Reservation - still $16 a carton - most brands).
I KNOW where CW is coming from.
Some time back, we simply just lost the desire to smoke...now and then we might have a cig, but, well...just no desire.

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2008 at 5:05pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Some time back, we simply just lost the desire to smoke...now and then we might have a cig, but, well...just no desire.

I wish that would happen to me! 

I've never been a drinker.  I stopped smoking pot (for the most part) in the 70's.  Stopped using cocaine in the early 90's.  Stopped overeating more than a year ago (lost 30 lbs so far).  Even got off sex a number of years ago (semi-voluntarily  LOL).  Now, all that's left is smoking.

britastar View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britastar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2008 at 5:41pm
I only smoke when I drink.  Smoking is one vice that I never seem to have gotten addicted to.  I guess I should say "nicotine".  I just have never been addicted to it. 
I wonder why that is. 
I have a few other addictions that have gotten ahold of me at times, but never nicotine.  And it's obviously an extremely addictive chemical.  And sometimes, even though I do smoke, I sometimes CAN'T STAND cigarette smoke. 
Two times I hate it the most:
If I have to drive with someone early in the morning and they are smoking.
Co-workers after a smoke break.  If they only knew how vile they smelled after a cig, they might think twice about smoking.  It reeks bad enough to make me lose my appetite.
ilikestupidadssoshutup-MrsHill   

Yutolia View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yutolia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2008 at 7:47pm
I smoke whenever I have the desire to, which seems to be every two months or so. Most of the time I just don't feel like it, but occasionally I'll light up. Sometimes I'll smoke a cigar or hookah if I have somebody around to share with, otherwise they are too much for me and give me a headache.
"Xbox Live is an online homophobia club for pre-teen Tourette’s sufferers." - Brockway, Cracked.com
Jimmy View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2008 at 1:28am
I gave up fags several years ago, but I still smoke an occasional joint.

Yes, that's right. I said it.

I know it's illegal, but I still enjoy the buzz.
One man gathers what another man spills
msdeli View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msdeli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2008 at 2:07am
puff, puff, pass Jimmy old boyWink
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2008 at 2:18am
Sometimes, I'll take a real light puff off of a joint just to be social.  Sometimes, people feel funny about smoking pot in front of someone who doesn't smoke the stuff.  They'll say "C'mon, just a hit".  I'll roll my eyes and tell them "OK.  I'll take a little puff if it's really gonna make you happy".  LOL

Jimmy View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2008 at 2:37am
Originally posted by msdeli msdeli wrote:

puff, puff, pass Jimmy old boyWink

Cheers!

I love the puff-puff-give reference, just like from one of my favourite movies Friday.
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2008 at 3:03am
Never been a fan of pot, even in my "take a toke, Tiz" years. They'd pass the bong around and I just got sleepy......after the munchies.Sleepy
Big Momma View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
I donated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Momma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2008 at 3:52am
Originally posted by Jimmy Jimmy wrote:

Jimmy, when I was first living in England, my Husband and I were out for a drive and I saw a sign that said "pot plants' for sale, I was shocked and asked Paul if pot was legal in Europe, He informed me that "pot" in this instance, meant potted, and pot was called cannabis. I felt like a moron!LOL
Jimmy View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2008 at 4:18am
Originally posted by Big Momma Big Momma wrote:

I gave up fags several years ago, but I still smoke an occasional joint. Yes, that's right. I said it. I know it's illegal, but I still enjoy the buzz.

Jimmy, when I was first living in England, my Husband and I were out for a drive and I saw a sign that said "pot plants' for sale, I was shocked and asked Paul if pot was legal in Europe, He informed me that "pot" in this instance, meant potted, and pot was called cannabis. I felt like a moron!LOL

Now that's funny, luv!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2008 at 4:59am
Originally posted by Big Momma Big Momma wrote:

Seems everyone in California who likes getting high, simply gets a medical marijuana license, and starts growing their own.  You can get the license for pretty much any reason.  So, if I was to see a sign that says "pot plants", I'd just assume it means pot plants.  LOL

applepiemommy View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote applepiemommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2008 at 1:11am
I smoked clove cigarettes in high school, and smoked pot every day for pretty much ten years when I was married to hubby #1. Then I had a baby and all pot did was make me paranoid somebody would kidnap her. So, then I started drinking! That lasted until last October when I started to go through the big M and stopped tolerating alcohol. Then I started eating. Gained a bunch of weight. Lost most of that now.  Now I'm on a health kick and am a sober, organic vegetarian freak. LOL...

What does Dr Traci have to say about it? http://www.blogtalkradio.com/Dr-Traci
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2008 at 1:22am
Smoked Merits in high school. My dad used to smoke some kind of cig that had holes around the filter. We'd watch as kids, as he took each one out of the pack and wrap
tape around the holes and repackage them.Confused 
Wild Starchild View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wild Starchild Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2008 at 2:21am

Me, I burn when I yearn!! LOL And if I do, it's Marlboro reds if you please!! I don't give a damn if they are $10.00 a pack, if I want one, I want one and I accept no substitute. I usually smoke a pack or two over three or four days, and then lay them down for a year or so.

About those signs, nothing to do with pot, but my wife's friend Michelle, who is NOT the brightest bulb in the chandelier but we love her, saw a sign on the road that said, "Lots for Sale." She said, "Let's go there!" Her husband asked why, and she responded, "Because that sign says they have lots of stuff!!"  HEE HEE, and she ain't even blond ya'll!!! ROFLMAO!!!
AW DAMN!!!! Wild Shot the friggin TV again!!!
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2008 at 3:00am
Baba Looey:  "Quick Draw has a lot up there, no brains, just an empty lot." 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic