Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Has Flo Gone Downhill?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Has Flo Gone Downhill?
    Posted: 03 Mar 2012 at 8:06pm

Her ads used to be kind of funny, like when she inadvertently butted into a married couple's business and the woman gave her a bitchy, cold stare. LOLHer newest ads suck.  When she does an ugly face and growls, I rolled my eyes and cringed. Disapprove I think it's because her older ads used to focus on interaction with customers and helping them save face-to-face, but now, her newer ads focus on just her, like there is one where she is having an interview with herself in the mirror.  Lame.Disapprove

My name is Donathan, pronounced the same way you pronounce Jonathan, except with a D.😀 Hitting on a Lesbian who speaks to you and about you like trash means you're REALLY desperate! 😀

Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2012 at 8:12pm
No, but I'll bet she's gone down.

Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2012 at 8:24pm
How did Flo go from being kind of funny to

Being really lame?

Confused
My name is Donathan, pronounced the same way you pronounce Jonathan, except with a D.😀 Hitting on a Lesbian who speaks to you and about you like trash means you're REALLY desperate! 😀

Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2012 at 9:03pm
I like the commercials where it's just Flo, and a normal customer. Those were enjoyable, and cute.

No they have her idiot male co-workers, the ballless cumsuckers from the 'other insurance company', and an array of over-the-top weird customers that make the whole thing look like it's trying too hard.
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2012 at 10:05pm
It always goes downhill after marriage. What, you didn't know she got married?Wink
Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2012 at 6:37am
I don't recall a time when she was ever funny, but I've learned to never say "she won't get any worse than this", because her ads always manage to define new levels of horrible.
musicman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Formerly 0000

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2012 at 6:36pm
Going down would indicate that she was actually up at some point.
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2012 at 11:01pm
Originally posted by Donathan Donathan wrote:

Her ads used to be kind of funny, like when she inadvertently butted into a married couple's business and the woman gave her a bitchy, cold stare. LOLHer newest ads suck.  When she does an ugly face and growls, I rolled my eyes and cringed. Disapprove I think it's because her older ads used to focus on interaction with customers and helping them save face-to-face, but now, her newer ads focus on just her, like there is one where she is having an interview with herself in the mirror.  Lame.Disapprove

If it's only her in the ads, there's a good chance the ad budget has been cut. Big smile
Has anybody noticed if she's been gaining weight?  If that keeps up, Progressive will probably fire her and we'll soon see a heavy Flo in tampon commercials....
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2012 at 12:02am
 If that keeps up, Progressive will probably fire her and and we'll soon see a heavy Flo in tampon commercials....

LOL

Purplesun83 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Purplesun83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2012 at 3:14am
I never liked Flo. I am so hoping they get rid of her soon.
Cathode_Ray View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cathode_Ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2012 at 3:17am
Flo needs to shake things up a bit. Perhaps wear a white minidress and go-go boots.
"Some things are unexplained, until they are." - Dr. Walter Bishop
sharonite View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sharonite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2012 at 3:07pm
The one where she ends with "And we're walkin', and we're walkin'" was mildly...amusin'.

Other than that, I have no use for Flo.  It's hard to go DOWN when you've never actually been UP.
Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2012 at 3:16pm
To you guys saying that Flo was never UP, look at the quality between the first one with the bitchy wife, and the Flo by herself comercials.  You can see the quality has dipped tremendously from the first one.

Dr. Dan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. Dan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2012 at 4:09am
Originally posted by Tiz Tiz wrote:

It always goes downhill after marriage. What, you didn't know she got married?Wink
Oh this one is so disgusting! Dead
Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2012 at 6:48pm
Originally posted by Codtaro Codtaro wrote:

No they have her idiot male co-workers, the ballless cumsuckers from the 'other insurance company', and an array of over-the-top weird customers that make the whole thing look like it's trying too hard.

LOLLOLLOLLOL Now THERE'S a new phrase for the Mooch vocabulary!

MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2012 at 11:02pm

Originally posted by Codtaro Codtaro wrote:

I don't know why, but when I read that, I thought "Mary Tyler Moore!"....  LOLLOL
Christine View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2012 at 12:16am
That made me chuckle too!! Reminds me of the days when CIH was just a rogue, little-known site on the newly-charted territory of the internet. When there was more anonymity, less chitchat and caustic posts that seethed with hatred Censored

As for Flo- she doesn't bother me. Guess I sympathise with her since most of my career has been spent in customer service and/or sales positions. She's enthusiastic w/o being a "balless* cumsucker" (as evident when she sabotaged the "Flobot.")

* is that 2 or 3 "Ls"?? Geek
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2012 at 2:31am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Flojobs: for a nickel or a dime, fifty cents for overtime.  Now that's Progressive!
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2012 at 3:27pm
Originally posted by EMCEE EMCEE wrote:

Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Flojobs: for a nickel or a dime, fifty cents for overtime.  Now that's Progressive!

LOLLOL

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic