Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The 'Hall Of Lame' v 2.0

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6061626364 65>
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2013 at 12:53am
Oh, I'm so sorry.  My thoughts are with you and your family....

Sponsored Links

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2013 at 1:31am
Originally posted by CatWoman CatWoman wrote:

Originally posted by CatWoman CatWoman wrote:

We're going to be grandparents again!  Ethan's going to  be a big brother!  He turns 4 in October.

Aaliah  is due a day before her birthday.  Due date 4/29!

She lost the baby.Cry

Dang!

I don't know what to say!

I'm deeply sorry for your loss.
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
CatWoman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatWoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2013 at 2:03am
Thank you, Hooty and Ad.  We're worried about her and her hubby.

insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2013 at 4:55pm
So sorry to hear about the loss,  CW Cry
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2013 at 5:14pm
Terrible news, CW - a loss nobody would wish on even their worst enemy, a loss that makes any human shudder and shed a tear, just to read about.
Sympathies out to Your family, from ours.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
CatWoman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatWoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2013 at 10:02pm
Thank you, Pa.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2013 at 6:08pm

I have to hide out upstairs right now.  The Jehovah's Witnesses are scouring the neighborhood at the moment.  They're all like 80 years old.

Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2013 at 7:59pm
Some of the most used buttons on my current remote (Guide, Exit, 6) either flat out don't work anymore or have to practically be slammed with a sledge hammer to push it hard enough to trigger, so I called Comcast and asked them to mail me a new one. 

However the slapdick service rep apparently felt it's more convenient for *me* to drive over 15 miles to their closest service center, which is at an incredibly busy intersection due to tons of retail stores, a huge movie theater, and restaurants (and that's not even including the minimum half hour wait once I'm at the damn Comcast place which operates about as fast as the DMV), to get a new remote than it is for them to just mail me a new one.   Even after I told the dickhead my remote still works good enough that I can wait the extra couple days for a mailed one to arrive, he still insisted that I go to the "nearest" service center and exchange remotes.

Screw them and their warped idea of customer service.  I just went ahead and went to Target that's only a couple minutes away from work and right next to Taco Cabana, and got a Sony universal remote (and a chicken quesadilla from TC for lunch).

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2013 at 10:03pm

^  Funny...I just talked to a Comcast guy doing some installation at my neighbor's house the other day, asking him why Comcast only gives TV show info on their guide for the next 8 hours or so.  He said that maybe the problem's with my Comcast box and suggested I exchange it at their store about 6 miles away---the store with, like you said, DMV-style service.

I'm going to check with other Comcast-using neighbors to see if they have the same problem.  I'm not really convinced that the problem's with the box.

Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2013 at 10:15pm
^^ Yeah they're a joke for the most part.  Google "comcast reviews" and check some of the top links for some entertaining reading from pissed off customers LOL 

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2013 at 3:16pm

^  I checked with two Comcasting neighbors, and their on-line guides show the same limited list of shows as mine.  I figured as much.  When Viacom was my provider, I'd get listings 4 days out.  With Comcast, it ranges from 4 hours to maybe 18.

Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2013 at 3:23pm
Here my Comcast sh*t get about 4 days in advance of listings.   Thing is, after the 3rd day in many cases it only shows the time slots and not the program titles, instead saying "To Be Announced" so that's ... helpful Confused

And the remote I got yesterday works like a freaking charm.  Its button layout is similar enough that I'm already pretty accustomed to it, and it responds faster than the Comcast remote did even when I first got it. Thumbs Up   I have it also programmed to the TV and the DVD player.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2013 at 3:49pm

Yes, that "to be announced" crap.  When I said that I sometimes get listings up to 18 hours out, half of those are "to be announced".

I also dislike how much a pain in the ass the "On Demand" stuff is to look up sometimes.  Too many categories and subcategories.  I was looking for a movie the other day that wasn't listed anywhere but in their "Fearnet" category.  It wasn't in the genre "Horror", but it was in "Fearnet".  Go figure.

Music videos are an extra pain in the butt.  Too many videos to scroll through. 

Plus, they got rid of the "Free Movies" selection.

Just a few first-world problems, I guess.  LOL

Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2013 at 3:58pm
My On Demand doesn't even work.  A year or so ago when it stopped working I called to try and get it fixed but they had to schedule an appointment for a tech to come out a few days later, which was fine until they were calling me 10 times a day (no exaggeration) every day to follow up and make sure the service was still needed.  About midway through the 3rd day of the constant harassment I said F it and cancelled the appointment since I didn't really use the On Demand that much to begin with.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2013 at 4:09pm

I once said "f*ck it", too.

I had a problem with certain channels "blocking" a few years back---to the point that the entire picture would disappear.  Always seemed to happen in really hot weather.  I called them about it, and they sent someone out to check it out.  It started a long process beginning with the cable junction across the street.  I don't want to give all the details (as it's boring) but suffice it to say, the job never got done.  I lived with the problem for the rest of the summer.  And then, like magic, it's never happened again.

But thanks to the job half-done, the cable wire that once sat hidden safely underground, is now something I have to avoid every time I mow my lawn.  In two spots!  Do I want to have them come out and finish the job?  Or do I want to leave well enough alone?  I've opted for the latter.  Who knows what they'd f*ck up.

By the way, I found out that the guy who was in charge of that job, didn't finish it because he was fired.  Seems he had hit another customer's decorative lawn boulder with his truck, and never reported it.  This was relayed to me by another Comcast guy working nearby.

Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2013 at 4:28pm
^^ LOL I wonder sometimes where they find these goons that they hire.  It's a collective clusterf**k though, not just the technicians & service reps  ... The piss poor service trickles from the management downward. 
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2013 at 8:23pm
Cry
...and so I FINALLY got to escape and swipe a few beverages of choice to bring home....
"...and, fo' $50, what is 'de name o'da lead singer o' 'Fleetwood Macs'?! "
Yea - that's what I heard on coming across the front room theater.
Some BET game sow; I see hair everywhere and 8 eyes like 'deer in the headlights' , glaring at the idiot box, maybe more on it. What the hell is THIS? BET's valiant attempt at promoting 'diversity'?
('Pfzzzt'! sez the Molson's Ice greeting me)
"...currently, Stevie Nicks...", I said
All hell breaks loose..."PAW! We were trying to remember!"
"You wouldn't have got it in time - you can pay me later..."
Pretty sure dinner will be a 'crap sammich'.

"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2013 at 5:48pm
Ouch
Got bruises.
Walked into a wall - hate it when that happens.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2013 at 2:20am

Seemed a good idea to go for a bikeride and do some stocking up on soup ingredients. Started out into the biting cold (10F; 0F (windchill)).

My kind of weather.

Wife outside cleaning out the garage, not really enoing the cold, but it does energize a person.

Made it to the store and shopped until I almost dropped - great sale, so I got 5 bags of groceries (lot of veggies and dairy, broth, and so forth), yet only spent $22 (shocked me).
Feeling good about it all, I strapped the groceries on the bike and went over to Dollar tree and spent another $7, then started home.
The wind had shifted - now blowing wildly into my face.
And it had started snowing again.

As soon as I stepped in and found wife bundled up, I restocked the soup crockpot (which has not been turned off for three weeks, now).

We watched the last five episodes of 'The Blacklist', this evening...time to get ready for the the holiday week.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2013 at 8:05pm

Been feeding the cats of two parties (some friends a few miles away, and a guy a few houses down) this week.  In both cases, they didn't leave enough food.  In the case of my friends, they left plenty of kitten food for the kitten, but the adult cat food for the rotund other cat ran out days ago.  In that case, she's just getting fed the kitten food.  In the case of the guy down the street, I've had to supplement it with my own cat food.

How do people ask someone to do them this sort of favor (free of charge), and then not leave the tools with which to do it?  They know damned well I'm not gonna stop feeding their animals, and that I'm gonna get food to them even if I have to use my own.  Maybe there's my answer.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2013 at 8:15pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

As soon as I stepped in and found wife bundled up, I restocked the soup crockpot (which has not been turned off for three weeks, now).

Right now, I've got split pea soup on the stove.  I use a gallon of broth and water, but with the peas and chicken and all the other ingredients, it makes more than a gallon.  This is the third batch I've made in three weeks.  Nothing like hot soup in the colder weather.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2013 at 1:54am
^^^WinkIndeed!
Just stocked up and repopulated the remaining stock with red caabbage, organic carrots, 'crybaby' onions, and n few types of mushrooms (along with a can each of chicken and beef broth, with a can of water).

Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2013 at 8:12pm
In a little bit I'm headed home, then showering and heading to my cousin's wedding rehearsal & dinner which is in town near the Galleria on a Friday late afternoon/evening during Christmas shopping season.  Traffic should be wonderful Angry  

Hopefully the rain stays away this eve and tomorrow for the wedding & reception. It should though. 
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2013 at 10:12pm
OuchBONK!/DOINK! (when an intended practical joke goes terribly wrong)

Angry"Wha' 'da fk iz wong wit' U, MAN?!!!!",  screams little Mr. 20-somethingish black militant, in my face, in the middle of the off-island cable center headquarters office.
I heard the door hit somthing behind me, but I had no idea someone came running up from behind me out of nowhere, only to eat glass door.
"GET OUT OF MY FACE, JUNIOR!"
I do not get initimidated easily.
He eased back a bit, "THAT wuz a woman behind you - a BLACK WOMAN! - and YOU slammed 'da door in her FACE - " 
Confused"What?!"
Security guards are cautiously approaching us, hands at their belts.
Angry"'dats dizrespectful - You owe HER a public apology!"
I turn around and get a look at slightly-dazed and embarrassed woman opening the door and adjusting hair and glasses after having snuck up out of nowhere.
Ermm"I'll be damned if I'll apologize to anyone but the door for an idiotic move like that."
Angry"Whuz WRONG with YOU, MAN!?!!!" 
LOL"No - YOU ask MY WIFE what's wrong with HER for trying to sneak-attack me in public...and ask yourself what wrong with yourself for being an imperfect idiot and making a 'public scene' for no good reason. Go home and put yourself on 'restriction'."
He sulks a bit and stands back while the security guards and other parts of the public started snickering.
Embarrassed"...well, she IS a Lady, ya know...", he mutters as he shuffles out the door.
Heart"Hi Sweety - You know better than to play my games against me...what are YOU doing here?"
Embarrassed<MissyDHug&Smooch> as she tries NOT to look anyone in the eyes...we were allowed to be attended to right away and leave rapidly.

I'm getting SO tired of how touchy and righteous people have been getting.

Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2013 at 11:46pm
That must take a lot of time to type, Pa.  Sorry, I don't understand any of it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6061626364 65>
  Share Topic