Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The 'Hall Of Lame' v 2.0

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 65>
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2008 at 5:51pm
Originally posted by LOL1955 LOL1955 wrote:

Pa, I share your elation!  I never could understand why we should hunt grey wolves when there are so many corrupt politicians, greedy corporate executives, and other verminous varmints around.  Wink

As they sing in Grand Mound, Washington: 

"Goin' to the lodge,
the Great Wolf Lodge.
They got lots of water,
they gots lots of fun;
lots of everything for everyone.
Goin' to the lodge.
Goin' to the lodge."
Yuppers!Tongue
(never been, but there is a skyride across the gorge, leading to the one near us...)
Go ahead and put the corny music to it, Frien'Pup!
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Sponsored Links

CatWoman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatWoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2008 at 7:26pm
Peaceful weekend!Smile

The phone hasn't been ringing....it's been raining off and on....got a used Sunbeam kettle charcoal grill from our good neighbor - she couldn't sell it, so she gave it to us...Black Raspberries are being harvested every other day now, and we picked our first zucchini....Code Enforcement Officer was supposed to stop by yesterday - he honked and kept on going......

Life is good in the hamlet.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2008 at 8:02pm
U got MORE black raspberries for FRIENDS???Cry
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
CatWoman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatWoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2008 at 8:12pm
They're in the freezer waiting for you, Pa!  I'll even make you a cobbler!

FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2008 at 5:06am
Hellllloooooo, my friends!  I am back from Michigan, after a lovely few days with my sister and her husband (but mostly with my sister).  She spoiled and pampered me, took me to Lake Michigan for a swim and sunbath, the spa for a facial (which included massaging arms, legs, feet, hands, neck and head--nirvana!, shopping, and then a 2-hour drive to just outside Detroit to see Crosby, Stills & Nash.  We relived part of our teenage years, singing along with CSN, smiling, laughing, crying (we're OLD NOW!!!).  It was wonderful.  We also went through some family pictures and written things that had us howling with laughter and crying over missing family members. 

I'm pooped and will try to get back on here tomorrow.  I tried to post the other night from Michigan, but her computer had gotten infected and it shut down (fixed now).

Anyway, believe it or not, I did miss you guys!  I'll have some pics in the next few days.
BrianO View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Deleted Account

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrianO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2008 at 7:03am
Welcome back, Faith!
OOO! OOO, OOO!
'Sit down, Horshack!'Wink
CatWoman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatWoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2008 at 1:30pm
I'm so happy you had a wonderful time, Faith!

Big Momma View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
I donated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Momma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2008 at 2:19pm
Hi Faith, we missed you too!
FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2008 at 4:49am
Thank you!!!

Here's my sister and me on Saturday, pre-concert (I'm on the right):

Here are Crosby, Stills & Nash (my camera couldn't zoom much):

britastar View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britastar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2008 at 4:51am
Aww Faith.....what a nice time.  Hope it was great.
ilikestupidadssoshutup-MrsHill   

LOL1955 View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated to THIS forum!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOL1955 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2008 at 7:20am
So glad you had a good getaway, Faith!
Love endures all.
CatWoman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatWoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2008 at 1:13pm
Great pics, Faith!

Lots and lots and lots of rain here.  I hope the valley doesn't flood like it did 2 years ago.  On a positive note, the garden and the well should be happy.

We had 3 textbooks up for sale on Half.com - all 3 sold within this past week!  We'll have a nice chunk of change at the end of the month, which will help with the Michigan trip.  Thank goodness Matt drives a Hyundai now.

Not much else going on in CNY.  Nice and quiet.

NiteRaidah View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NiteRaidah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2008 at 7:42pm
The weather's been mighty wild in New England, as I understand.  There was a waterspout in Rhode Island yesterday, there are tornado watches/warnings for New Hampshire & Maine, and there's been a lot of nasty thunderstorms.  Thank God Cape Cod's out of the line of fire, so to speak.  The worst we've gotten is some rain & wind.

Radar from CT, about 15 minutes old:

I have 168 characters remaining.
CatWoman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatWoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2008 at 8:02pm
We just came back from our garden.  The garden is fine, but all the grass around it is flooded ankle deep.  The sun actually came out for an hour, but now it looks like we're going to get more rain. 

HollyRock View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Illustrious Video Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HollyRock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2008 at 8:05pm
We're about halfway between Providence and Worcester.  I had to drive down to Providence earlier today.  There was a small amount of street flooding about 2 hours ago, but I think what I saw was left over from the crazy rain overnight and yesterday.  The weather there today was the same as it is here - grey, rain off and on, but nothing zesty. 

Yet.
Let's try not to be boring, mkay?
NiteRaidah View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NiteRaidah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2008 at 8:07pm

I'm checking the news right now, and I'm hearing reports of more storm cells moving across Maine.  There's also a state of emergency for parts of New Hampshire.  Hope Big Momma got thru these storms.  These are some of the worst that I can remember.

I have 168 characters remaining.
CatWoman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatWoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2008 at 8:18pm
I hate lightning storms here in NY.  We have a tree on the border of our property that constantly gets hit by lightning.  It's now dead and half as tall as it used to be.  The Mister has to get out there with his chain saw when we have a nice day.  It should make decent firewood, since it's pre-cooked....Smile

HollyRock View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Illustrious Video Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HollyRock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2008 at 9:13pm

The zesty finally made its way to my town.  Eesh.

But it's NOTHING like they're showing for NH.  Someone in Epsom NH was killed (no details) and most of the SE part of the state seems to be without power.
Let's try not to be boring, mkay?
Big Momma View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
I donated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Momma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2008 at 9:41pm
Greetings from soggy New Hampshire! We are all fine, torrential rain, LOUD thunder, scary ass lightning!!!!ShockedShockedShocked
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2008 at 11:21pm
Wow, this is kind of exciting...even from 3,000 miles away!

CatWoman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatWoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2008 at 3:16am
Our electric stove died tonight.Cry  The only thing that works is the broiler, and that's when we have it on the 'bake' setting.Wacko

Thankfully, we do have a propane camping stove and the grill until we pick up another stove.

Two steps ahead, one step back....LOL

shadow View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2008 at 1:01pm
That waterspout actually was graded tornado status.  (whatever that means)
We were hit hard the last 72 hours.  The flooding and the wind really did a job on RI.

That sucks that New Hampster is still soggy.  I hope my vacation up there dries out soon.
was feeling nostalgic
Big Momma View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
I donated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Momma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2008 at 1:53pm
Which part of our fine State are you visiting? We may be soggy, but, we're still pretty!Big%20smile
shadow View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2008 at 2:51pm
weirs beach
from another thread, we seem to have yearly rituals that are ever constant.
I love NH and even want to buy a 2nd home there, but I do wish we could hit other places.
My wife's family have been going to the same place for more than 30 years.  For me, it's almost 15.  I get a veto when I bring it up.
was feeling nostalgic
Big Momma View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
I donated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Momma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2008 at 3:44pm
We were actually going to visit there this year, we're going up to Franconia Notch instead. Neither my Husband or my Daughter have seen the Flume Gorge and I haven't been in years. I love New Hampshire!! Have a great time!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 65>
  Share Topic