Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Super Bowl Commercials :: 2012 Super Bowl Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedDorito's: Man's Best Friend

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ForumAdmin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dorito's: Man's Best Friend
    Posted: 06 Feb 2012 at 12:06am
Sponsored Links

ThreadKiller View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreadKiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2012 at 12:08am
LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

Now THAT'S funny!!! Love the dog.
Hundreds of threads killed.
mimitchi33 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mimitchi33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2012 at 12:08am
It just aired now!
The funniest part was when they guy asked where the cat was, and the dog held Doritoes instead of answering!
Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2012 at 12:09am
Okay, THAT was funny!
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2012 at 1:06am
I thought it was cute...

Thumbs up.
It's ok, I'm in marketing!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2012 at 1:56am
I realize it's "just a commercial", but I didn't like it at all.

I'm tired of people finding "humor" on TV at the expense of animals.

So the family dog killed the family cat & the a-hole, shmuck-wad husband covered it up for some Doritos.

Fun - nee. Stern Smile

Seems like it's always the cat that "gets it", too.

I wonder exactly what the dog did to it.

Ripped it's throat out? Disembowled it, maybe?

Where's the Doritos ad where the guy sees the Panther or Leopard pal of the cat burying what little is left of the dog, then buying his silence with a bag of Doritos?

Oh, that's right, we don't laugh at the idea of dogs being killed.

Dogs are "all American", etc. etc.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2012 at 2:16am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

I realize it's "just a commercial", but I didn't like it at all.

I'm tired of people finding "humor" on TV at the expense of animals.

So the family dog killed the family cat & the a-hole, shmuck-wad husband covered it up for some Doritos.

Fun - nee. Stern Smile

Seems like it's always the cat that "gets it", too.

I wonder exactly what the dog did to it.

Ripped it's throat out? Disembowled it, maybe?

Where's the Doritos ad where the guy sees the Panther or Leopard pal of the cat burying what little is left of the dog, then buying his silence with a bag of Doritos?

Oh, that's right, we don't laugh at the idea of dogs being killed.

Dogs are "all American", etc. etc.

I agree!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2012 at 2:22am
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

I agree!

That's actually kinda surprising to me......

I thought I was going get roundly thumped!!! LOLLOLWink

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
CatWoman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatWoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2012 at 2:23am
You have another agree-er in NY.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2012 at 2:40am
Thumbs Up

C'mon, man!
Christine View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2012 at 2:48am
Very true!! Don't know what it is about all the cat-hatred; seems to be "manly" to hate cats. Which drives me crazy.

People (mostly guys) don't need encouragement to mistreat or hate cats. If they were patient and smart, they'd try to understand them. It's almost akin to a hatred of women, which is part of why it makes my skin crawl.

Also agree with the "dog = america" analogy. Baseball, hot dogs, apple pie, Chevrolet, obedient slobbering slaves. Next year- the dog gets killed, and Doritos gets accused of being a terrorist-run company! Tongue
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2012 at 2:55am

Sadly, yep, yep, yep & yep.

I for one am tired of it.

Might write Doriros a letter.

Fat lotta good it would do. Ermm

C'mon, man!
Bennett View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2012 at 1:37pm
One of the only funny commercials of the night. I loved when that dog was matting down the dirt pile and you could just see the cats tags.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2012 at 2:04pm
Originally posted by Christine Christine wrote:

Very true!! Don't know what it is about all the cat-hatred; seems to be "manly" to hate cats. Which drives me crazy.

That seems to be the meme.  But all the guys in my 'hood seem to love them and have at least one.  The guy across the street has 4 and 1/2, the family next door has 5, the guy next door has 1, the college guys next to him have 2, and I have 4 and 1/2.

And I'll take potato chips over Doritos any day.

Christine View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2012 at 4:43pm
I will give the commercial a little credit for making the husband at least look conflicted.

Indeed, it does seem to be getting a little easier for men to admit they love cats. Even my husband- who has profoundly bad cat allergies and was never a "cat person"- has been doing everything he can to make my cat happy and to reduce the allergens.

Never ONCE while dating or wedding planning did he ask that I get rid of her. Approve He certainly wouldn't have minded, but he does seem to be getting more and more attached to her. Plus, he knows that I've known the cat for 11 years; him, three of four Wink LOL He gets allergy shots regulary.

He teases her about being fat, but I have to remind him, HE'S the one feeding her treats and samples all the time! He also reminds me at times if she wants or needs something- really heartwarming. Heart

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2012 at 5:07pm
My observation is that a lotta guys dislike, or are neutral towards cats---until they own one.  Unlike dogs, it takes a while to "get" cats.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2012 at 6:59pm
As far as the overall attitude reflected in TV shows, commercials & movies, etc., dogs are looked upon as noble, often heroic creatures who save the day for God, America, mom & apple pie.

Cats are always cast as evil, selfish, plotting creatures who are usually sitting in the lap of some evil super villain as he strokes their fur & plots some fiendish plan...

And of course, witches always own cats...

Another bum rap perpetuated, like all untue stereotypes by the entertainment & ad industries for profit.

C'mon, man!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2012 at 7:08pm
It's the kind of negative stereotyping in the Doritos ad, in this case of innocent animals who don't even understand the human-like characteristics that are being associated with them, that cheapen their value as living creatures in the eyes of ignorant assholes & lead to this type of disgusting behavior....

The work of redneck idiots or obnoxious teenage punks, most likely.

C'mon, man!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2012 at 7:15pm
I imagine the piece of sub-human scum who did this probaly got himself a good chuckle out of that Doritos ad...

Pesronally, I would love to see large numbers of people get together on Twitter of Facebook to express their disgust & encourage a boycott of Doritos.

C'mon, man!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2012 at 8:17pm
LOLDaaaaaaaaaaamn that was funny!
MissyDWolf would love to have that dog as a pet.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2012 at 8:25pm
I can't imagine someone keeping a cat or any pet when their spouse or children are allergic to the animal.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2012 at 8:26pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

LOLDaaaaaaaaaaamn that was funny!
MissyDWolf would love to have that dog as a pet.

Doesn't surprise me.

C'mon, man!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2012 at 8:28pm
Originally posted by Hootman Hootman wrote:

I can't imagine someone keeping a cat or any pet when their spouse or children are allergic to the animal.

Believe it or not, some people view their pets as more than mere possessions to be kept or gotten rid of as convenience dictates.

C'mon, man!
NJtoTX View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJtoTX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2012 at 10:48pm
I hated it.

I recall they did some research before making the Dogs & Cats movie that showed dogs as beloved family pets and cats as often owned by spinsters and such. And yet our tough sports teams are Lions, Tigers, Wildcats, Panthers, Bobcats, etc. What do the dogs have, Poodles and Shih Tzus?  Bulldogs may be ugly, but they aren't exactly dangerous.
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2012 at 11:32pm
I never really thought of it in Jimbo's view. I've had dogs and now have a cat. That closeup of the Great Dane's mug while scooting a bag of chips, made me giggle.
Yes, it's age old. Dogs chase cats. Been done since Saturday morning cartoon shows.

I'll give it a 3 outta 10 score.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic