Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tempur-Pedic "Ask me"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tempur-Pedic "Ask me"
    Posted: 20 Jan 2012 at 4:01pm
This commercial features customers saying "Ask me" a lot of times. It's really repetitive and annoying. Angry

One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Sponsored Links

insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2012 at 4:04pm
Every time this commercial comes on I say to myself, "Ask me if I give a Censored."

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2012 at 5:57pm
I swear they're running this into the ground I had to mute this commercial just a few minutes ago!Angry
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2012 at 6:24pm
Do they really expect people to go on their facebook and be like "hai guys anyone got a temperpedic?" How about giving me a real ad instead of basically telling me "go ask your friends how awesome our sh*t is". Lazy f**ks.
It's ok, I'm in marketing!
Oldiesmann View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldiesmann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2012 at 7:22pm
What they fail to tell you is just how much you'll be paying for that luxurious comfort.

Their cheapest mattress, the twin-sized "OriginalBed" model, is $699.
Michael "Oldiesmann" Eshom
Cincinnati, Ohio
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2012 at 7:46pm
They're playing ad now again!!!!!
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2012 at 11:46pm
Ask me if I'll pay for it...
dutchman063 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dutchman063 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2012 at 1:14am
Goes up....            Goes down.......   shoot me now!Dead
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2012 at 2:15am
Confused...HEY! We've been down this road before....where's Madawee? I'm thinkin' she has an opinion here, as I remember...
I know MissyDWolf wanted one of these and got an actual 'sample'; a cube about large enough on which to rest one's elbow - think we considered that a 'tease' and we were not all that impressed. 
If I'm not mistaken, I think we're using it to wipe off the inside of the Blackillac's windows and windshield - seems to work pretty well.

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Dear View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2012 at 6:44am
Ask me if I give a sh!t about your product, just don't send me to Facebook first.
Agreed...the weird, excited voices of "Ask me" are annoying.
Please, stop saying "Awesome" in commercials! Your actors are not awe-inspiring and neither is your product.
Adznem View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adznem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2012 at 5:08am
Like those lousy On-Cor ads with Richard Kind???????????.Confused
Mindybolt View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mindybolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2012 at 3:34pm
Ask me if I like the bed--I'll say yes, steal it, then kick the ad to the curb.
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2012 at 1:42am
I hate the constant repetition of "Ask me."...And ESPECIALLY hate when the guy randomly comes on speaking Chinese about his stupid ERGO-nomic bed.  It just pisses me off because I know they throw in some random non-English speaking dude to make you look at their stupid commercial. 
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

jerkylips View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerkylips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2012 at 4:42am
This definitely falls into the "good product ~bad commercial" category. About 1 1/2 years ago we bought a memory foam mattress - A different brand, but just like the tempurpedic. BEST purchase of my life.   It lives up to the hype & then some, in my opinion. I've never slept better in my life.
Thethelia thinkth my thoriathith ith thexthy
missyme View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missyme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2012 at 12:11pm
Stupidest commercial ever.
MissyMe
double_plus_good View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote double_plus_good Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2012 at 6:12am
I could barely stomach searching for the Tempur-pedic commercial I wanted to share here. And once I found it, I couldn't make the YouTube page go away fast enough. This is the one that is nails on a chalkboard for me. The guy when he says UUURRRGOnomic. And the Asian wife when she flips her hair over laughing fakely at whatever her husband said. Imagine how many takes it took to get THAT just right? Ugh.

Also, they treat their mattresses with fire retardant that's strongly suspected of off-gassing hormone disruptors, leading to, among other things, infertility.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2012 at 1:44pm
Originally posted by double_plus_good double_plus_good wrote:

I could barely stomach searching for the Tempur-pedic commercial I wanted to share here. And once I found it, I couldn't make the YouTube page go away fast enough.

And the net result??

"Embedding disabled by request".  LOL

At least now I don't have to watch it.  I guess I can do the same search you did, but your description was all I needed.  LOL

double_plus_good View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote double_plus_good Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2012 at 5:54pm

Aww lame.

Here is the link, and now you must watch it! You know you don't want to..but you will! hahaha!
Click it: URRRRGOnomic
Obie View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Obie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2012 at 8:58pm
Originally posted by dutchman063 dutchman063 wrote:

Goes up....            Goes down.......   shoot me now!Dead

That eldery couple...is it just me, or do they BOTH sound like Bea Arthur when they say that line? Stereo!
fishingmachine View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fishingmachine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2012 at 7:34pm
i am just glad they solved my dilemma. i like to drink wine and jump up and down on my mattress but i dont want to disturb my partner or spill my wine. now i am free to live the lifestyle i choose. thank you tempurpedic.
TheBoomMan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheBoomMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2012 at 9:41pm
This commercial airs every 5 minutes on TBS and its a big pain in the ass.
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2012 at 10:51pm
Originally posted by fishingmachine fishingmachine wrote:

i am just glad they solved my dilemma. i like to drink wine and jump up and down on my mattress but i dont want to disturb my partner or spill my wine. now i am free to live the lifestyle i choose. thank you tempurpedic.

Thumbs Up  Don't forget all those *positions*. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic