Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Commercial Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Direct TV chain-of-events commercials

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Direct TV chain-of-events commercials
    Posted: 03 Jan 2012 at 8:12pm
These are a far cry from the retarded ones where they simply bash Dish network. Great improvement!

Sponsored Links

Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2012 at 11:18pm
I love the grandson with the dog collar one.
CatWoman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatWoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2012 at 3:11am
I enjoy these.  My husband loves the absurdity!

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2012 at 8:35pm
I just now saw "don't have a grandson with a dog collar" and fell off of the couch.LOL 
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
sjchevalier07 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sjchevalier07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2012 at 10:56pm
The girl from the grandson with a dog collar commercials is butt ugly. Other than that,it's a great commercial franchise!
double_plus_good View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote double_plus_good Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2012 at 4:44am
Ha, just posted on this topic. Don't hate!
sjchevalier07 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sjchevalier07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2012 at 11:48pm
No hate here, I just think the mother of the collared grandson is not very good looking.
bluestate69 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluestate69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2012 at 10:58am
i hate these commercials, but the rebel daughter one really makes me irate. the father gets upset and barely hits the table. the daughter sees, and she does the same thing. but its a girl, and girls are supposed to be quiet, nice, and reserved. so we are to believe that an "angry" girl is a future delinquent that will engage in premarital sex? we are also led to believe that premarital sex always leads to meeting and marrying "undesirables"?? what makes a person an "undesirable"? i think nazis referred to certain people as "undesirables". and are we also to believe that the man is not happy with his grandson?? and what about this man anyway? he looks REPRESSED! does he want his daughter to be quiet, meek, and "normal" like him? we are all supposed to be "quiet reserved good consumers". that's the message of this commercial. 
NJtoTX View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJtoTX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2012 at 2:06pm
Originally posted by bluestate69 bluestate69 wrote:

we are also led to believe that premarital sex always leads to meeting and marrying "undesirables"?? 

Actually, I wondered why she would have a traditional wedding with all attending, instead of eloping or not marrying the guy at all.
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2012 at 7:25pm
I guess rebels, Nazis and undesirables won't be buying geico insurance now.
TV_Casualty View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TV_Casualty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2012 at 10:07pm
The commercials would be a lot better if they didn't get a narrator with the most boring voice in the history of the universe.

How does this guy keep getting work? I hear him on radio ads all the time and he does the voice overs for "60 minutes" on CBS.

He has NO EMOTION whatsoever! It drives me nuts.
NJtoTX View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJtoTX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2012 at 10:11pm
"When you grow a scraggly beard, you start taking in stray animals."

Who does? Where did they come up with this spurious connection in their slippery slope? I know people who take in stray animals, and none have scraggly beards.
Grant View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2012 at 4:34pm
Yes, but at least it's a man with a lot of wild animals, and it isn't one more "little old lady with a house full of cats" joke. That one gets so tired.
keyboardplayer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keyboardplayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Feb 2012 at 4:05am
I like these ads. Unfortunately the stray animals one got played to death during the proceedings leading up to the Daytona 500, so I think i need a little bit of not seeing that one for a while.
This is your brain on commercials.
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2012 at 10:26pm
OK. Direct TV's chain of events were kind of funny at first, but here is an example of when they try to carry it too far. Not funny... bordering on stupid.
insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2012 at 10:50pm
^ I saw this one last night and was thinking the same thing.  I was indifferent about their commercials for the most part, but this one was just too 'out there.'

Also, I'm not big on DirecTV and their bashing other companies for putting you on hold and leading to some crazy chain of events .. yeah I'm sure that you'll get through to an operator every single time you call DirecTV's help line and never be put on hold, ever.

Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2012 at 9:26pm
Another new one. Please make it stop.Angry
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 9:33pm
Man, they just get worse and worse.
NJtoTX View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJtoTX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 9:36pm
Originally posted by Tiz Tiz wrote:

Yeah, what's next? Don't get raped, killed, and dismembered?
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 1:36am
Originally posted by Tiz Tiz wrote:

Confused*I* LIKE that one!
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2012 at 3:17pm
Yeah, they're getting a little hit-and-miss. The first few ones were awesome though, until they started dropping the ball.
darkgoob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkgoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 4:05am
Who does the voiceover? Kieth Jackson or Thomas Hayden Church??
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 4:16am
Originally posted by Snesgamer Snesgamer wrote:

These are a far cry from the retarded ones where they simply bash Dish network. Great improvement!

Confused...I see this one and I immediately think of Thor and his 'Rescue Kittens'.
MacFinley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MacFinley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2012 at 2:35am
DirecTV Definitely has the SNL syndrome, (Don't know when to stop) They definitely had a unique and interesting start when they began these ads, but some are just fails. Im sure I'll do an episode on them one day. 
Obie View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Obie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2012 at 8:49am
Originally posted by darkgoob darkgoob wrote:

Who does the voiceover? Kieth Jackson or Thomas Hayden Church??
Neither...it's the guy who does the promos for 60 Minutes.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic