Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Michelle Duggar Miscarries

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatWoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Michelle Duggar Miscarries
    Posted: 09 Dec 2011 at 2:51am
http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/45603597/ns/today-today_health/t/report-michelle-duggar-miscarries/
All miscarriages are sad, but I think her body may be worn out.
Sponsored Links

musicman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Formerly 0000

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2011 at 3:07am
She is an amazingly young and healthy looking woman for someone who has had 19 children.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2011 at 3:37am
Miscarriages are pretty common.  Seems like she should've had at least one or two by now, considering all those pregnancies.  Maybe she has, but maybe the others weren't so public.

edit:  Never mind.  I see that she had one a long time ago.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2011 at 5:00am

I see people commenting at SFGate (on-line SF Chronicle) are having a field day with this.

First comment:

"It fell out her gaping hole is what happened. Wrap it up, Duggars."

That comment received 37 thumbs-up and 10 thumbs-down.  It continues:

Some people.

musicman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Formerly 0000

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2011 at 5:12am
There are a lot of vulgar and cruel people out there.
CatWoman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatWoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2011 at 5:17am
I went to Thor's link and read some of the comments.  Yes, they were cruel.  Miscarrying a baby is not something to say "YAY!" about, if Michelle had 1 kid or 19.

My grandmother had 10 children, and stopped when the 10th almost died during birth.  He was the only one born in a hospital.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2011 at 5:18am

I don't care who it is, who you are - this is always bad news, sad news.

Sympathies go out to the Duggars from The Wolf Den.
May God Comfort You in this Time of Loss.

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2011 at 1:59pm
Originally posted by MrsHill MrsHill wrote:

I went to Thor's link and read some of the comments.  Yes, they were cruel.  Miscarrying a baby is not something to say "YAY!" about, if Michelle had 1 kid or 19.

My grandmother had 10 children, and stopped when the 10th almost died during birth.  He was the only one born in a hospital.

I think a lot of the cruelty is fueled by hatred of "Xtianity".  Whenever there's an article that has anything remotely to do with Christians, it'll get these sorts of comments.  Example:

"ordinarily i dont root for miscarriages, but if this idiotic family wont stop selfishly sucking up more than their share of the planet's resources, im glad "god" decided to stop them."

Plus, the Duggars are from the South, so for SF/Bay Area people, they're a target on top of a target.  One person suggested that they were being financed by the KKK.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2011 at 1:45am

I remember how this very same family was roundly trashed & ridiculed here on this site

& now suddenly it's all "....boo-hoo how awful & cruel it is to say anythig negative about this poor couple who are being abused just because they're Christians blah blah blah...."

Those people are goofballs & if she had a miscarriage, it looks to me like she brought it on herself.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2011 at 3:03am
I looked back on that link, and read the first three pages.  There was nothing too bad.  Some valid criticism, some support.  Nothing like...

She should have had a miscarriage 18 kids ago!

Get off my world you insensitive self serving hoarder! How dare you have 19 children! People like you think only of yourselves, not the rest of the world. What would happen if every family had that many children? We'd run out of resources faster than is happening now! If you believe in a god, maybe he's telling you enough is enough already, go focus on something else. I can only imagine after having 10 kids, you must be very careful when sneezing or coughing, hoping nothing falls out! You should get some intensive therapy, and your husband should be fixed and then jailed!

evolution is favoring the idiots.

While she's resting in the hospital her husband should sneak in and squoink her.

For goodness sake it's a utterous not a clown car

It fell out her gaping hole is what happened. Wrap it up, Duggars.

Plus, Jimbo, these comments came as a result of her having a miscarriage, not as result of her announcing another pregnancy or in a general discussion about the TV show.  Sick people.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2011 at 3:20am

Just because some people expressed righteous indignation in their disapproval & disgust over what is obviously over the edge of common sense & sanity by this couple, does not make them lowlifes. 

And if it were a liberal couple who suffered a tragedy as a result of their own actions, you would definitely be in the "I have no symapthy for them" camp.

And in that last thread towards the end, you joined in on the sarcastic comments too.

Let's not get too high & mighty here in judging other people over what they said.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
musicman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Formerly 0000

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2011 at 3:38am
Righteous indigination?  What in your mind makes it righteous?  Kind of odd hearing that term come from you anyway.  I didn't think you believed in such a thing.

I know that I disagreed with the critics in the other thread.  I didn't join the criticism.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2011 at 3:55am

They are responsible for the death of that baby due to their reckless disregard.

Anyone in their right mind ought to understand that the female human body was not designed to bear twenty pregnancies & births.

They should have known this would happen eventually & people have every right to be pissed off about it.

If some of them express that RIGHTEOUS anger a little too harshly, I think that can be excused easier than the actions of the Duggars.

Sometimes people get pissed off seeing others doing things that are just plain DUMB.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2011 at 4:05am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

And in that last thread towards the end, you joined in on the sarcastic comments too.

Let's not get too high & mighty here in judging other people over what they said.

Pretty mild stuff, actually.  One comment about the bad hair, and one sexual innuendo.  Nothing hateful or vicious.  Unlike the SFGate commenters, I don't hate the Duggars, and never wished them any ill will.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2011 at 4:09am
I don't think most people do.

I think a lot of people tend to go over the top on the internet because they know they're anonymous.

I think a lot of that is just venting.

Of course, you're gonna get all kinds on the net, so some of them may be jerks, but a lot of the sarcasm is just some peoples' way of saying that they think the Duggars are goofy.

I think they are too.

Irresponsible at best.

C'mon, man!
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2011 at 4:16am
Originally posted by MrsHill MrsHill wrote:

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/45603597/ns/today-today_health/t/report-michelle-duggar-miscarries/
All miscarriages are sad, but I think her body may be worn out.

This is sad news, maybe it's a sign that they should hang it up.

You've had 20 kids already. Isn't that enough? Why should you stress yourself more with 21 kids? When does it stop?
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2011 at 4:17am
Exactly.

They should've stopped around 10 or 12.

Every one they had after that was taking a risk.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2011 at 5:10am
I think her second pregnancy was a miscarriage, too.  I read that it's estimated that 1 out of 4 pregnancies ends in a miscarriage.  So, she's ahead of the curve. 

musicman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Formerly 0000

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2011 at 1:02pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

They are responsible for the death of that baby due to their reckless disregard.

I just think you are wrong in saying that.

Women miscarry regardless of how many babies they have or haven't had.

Some miscarry a couple of times before having a viable one.

My mom miscarried one of my siblings in the middle of all of us.

The only place I could see you being right is that the odds of having a miscarriage increase the more times one gets pregnant.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2011 at 10:16pm
One would think it a matter of common sense that the more pregnancies a woman has, especially as she gets older (Duggars is 45!!!), the greater the wear & tear on her internal organs & the greater the health risks are, not only for the baby but for the mother as well.

I think if you were to ask any obstetrician about the wisdom of what Michelle Duggar is doing, they'd probably tell you that she is taking great risks.

But I guess common sense is not as common as it oughtta be.

C'mon, man!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2011 at 10:28pm

Hmmm...some research might be in order for some folk - and I'm only talking about age and location.

Let's look at a foreign country. I'll start with the U.S. of Americo.

If no other way, women can get generally get fertilized  in-vitro until they are 55

It isn't unheard of for women to get pregnant until they are around 60 (think Guiness has the record set at 66), but that is usually a little more common in 3rd world sub-countries, like Louisana,  Alabama, and the eastern-side of Florida.

~~~

We had our first thee kids pretty quick; we were told to stop after 3 (#3 almost killed her - stood straight up in her belly, doncha know! (I watched it happen) But, well had a wonderful accident (scared the daylights out of us, I tell ya!). Then #5 showed up out of the clear blue sky - we had to be SO careful; MissyDWolf was monitored constantly; seemed like almost weekly we were at the doctor's office. That finally did it. 

"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2011 at 10:29pm
Mom preached to us kids: "If you have nothing nice to say, be quiet."
I'm being quiet.....

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2011 at 10:48pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

We had our first thee kids pretty quick; we were told to stop after 3 (#3 almost killed her - stood straight up in her belly, doncha know! (I watched it happen) But, well had a wonderful accident (scared the daylights out of us, I tell ya!). Then #5 showed up out of the clear blue sky - we had to be SO careful; MissyDWolf was monitored constantly; seemed like almost weekly we were at the doctor's office. That finally did it. 

Is there a #4 in there?  'Cuz if #5 showed up after #3, I guess that really would be "out of the clear blue sky".

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2011 at 10:53pm
The 'wonderful accident' was #4... 
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2011 at 10:56pm
I think women are equipped to some extent to have large numbers of kids.  People not so long ago would often have 10-15 kids.  My father's parents had 14, but 7 died at various points before they were teens.  I think maybe people took that sort of thing into consideration.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic