Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My Tide Couple Headed for Divorce

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missyme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My Tide Couple Headed for Divorce
    Posted: 28 Nov 2011 at 12:15am
I hate all the My Tide commercials as a rule, the one that really gets me is the parents of the triplets. They are folding clothes and talking about how the bargain brand soap did nothing for them and went back to tide. At the end hubby hands wifey a t-shirt he just folded. She thanks him and than proceeds to cut on his folding skills by telling him he sucks at folding. He laughs in a pained manner as he chucks another item of clothing back into the basket. Another idiot husband can't do anything right commercial. So stupid!
MissyMe
Sponsored Links

Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2011 at 12:32am
I really hate it. But I feel confused about why. On the one hand, the wife seems to be joking and he comes off as a silly fool for reacting the way he does; then again, his reaction makes it seem like it happens a lot, and she does have a rather bitchy tone.

I think I hate her more, now that I think about it. I grew up in a family where the husband is a total arse who never does anything involving family unless forced to, never does laundry or cooks for himself and is pretty much a whiny sh*t who should never have a girlfriend, let alone a wife and child. The fact that this woman is married to a man who's willing to help her with laundry is terrific, and she should be thankful regardless of how he folds the clothes.
Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2011 at 8:37am
His laugh does seem kind of forced, know that you mention it. Confused
My name is Donathan, pronounced the same way you pronounce Jonathan, except with a D.😀 Hitting on a Lesbian who speaks to you and about you like trash means you're REALLY desperate! 😀

Dear View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2011 at 12:56am
Aww. I was hoping to see this one in the commercials you don't hate section. Unhappy I like that they tease each other. I didn't see it as her being bitchy, just poking fun at him while they do the unlovely task that is folding the laundry. Humor passes the time quicker.
I'm just pulling from my own experiences, though. We all kind of do that with each other, especially during laundry and cooking.
Please, stop saying "Awesome" in commercials! Your actors are not awe-inspiring and neither is your product.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2011 at 7:16pm
Well...you're right.
This same commercial just played and hit me wrong every possible way it could.
Why so much laundry all at once? Ever hear of doing a load here, a load there?
It seems to be daylight outside - and they got triplets who are not present? Could it be because they are at school, maybe? If so, why isn't 'Dad' working?
'Mom' looks like she is about to crack any second and 'Dad' is ready for the obligatory neighborhood bar drinking binge as soon as he can escape laundry. 
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
missyme View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missyme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2011 at 8:37pm
Originally posted by Dear Dear wrote:

Aww. I was hoping to see this one in the commercials you don't hate section. Unhappy I like that they tease each other. I didn't see it as her being bitchy, just poking fun at him while they do the unlovely task that is folding the laundry. Humor passes the time quicker.
I'm just pulling from my own experiences, though. We all kind of do that with each other, especially during laundry and cooking.

Teasing? Really? Notice his laugh and the way he slams the item of clothing he is holding back into the basket. There is nothing cute or teasing about that. He has had it up to here with her cutting on him. My mom said if you don't like the way someone else does something than do it yourself. I fold all the laundry because it is a pet peeve of mine when it is not folded the way I like it.
MissyMe
missyme View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missyme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2011 at 8:37pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Well...you're right.

'Mom' looks like she is about to crack any second and 'Dad' is ready for the obligatory neighborhood bar drinking binge as soon as he can escape laundry. 

LOL Exactly!
MissyMe
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2011 at 9:13pm
Originally posted by missyme missyme wrote:

I fold all the laundry because it is a pet peeve of mine when it is not folded the way I like it.

What do you think of this method?

KrissyBean View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KrissyBean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2011 at 2:02am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

I fold all the laundry because it is a pet peeve of mine when it is not folded the way I like it.

Thor, I love you forever for being the first person on here (that I've seen) to reference Big Bang Theory.... my most FAVORITE show! 

I want one of those t-shirt foldy things.....hmm......
Bears. Beets. Battlestar Gallactica.
PinkAccordion View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PinkAccordion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2011 at 3:41am
What drives me nuts is that she doesn't fold the clothes any better than he does!!!
Zee View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2011 at 3:43am
Great. The dumb husband and the smart wife again. Roles just don't change. 
"I tremble with rage when I hear Rebecca Black sing or talk." - Zee from gtaforums.com
Dear View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2011 at 5:47am

Teasing? Really? Notice his laugh and the way he slams the item of clothing he is holding back into the basket. There is nothing cute or teasing about that. He has had it up to here with her cutting on him. My mom said if you don't like the way someone else does something than do it yourself. I fold all the laundry because it is a pet peeve of mine when it is not folded the way I like it.
Sorry. I didn't see this reply.
Don't you think "headed for divorce" is a bit extreme? No, I didn't see him slam the clothing down. They look like a healthy couple, telling someone in an amused fashion "You suck at folding." is not going to shatter someone's ego. Now, if she yelled at him or acted annoyed with it, then yes it would bother me. If someone's that sensitive that their feelings are hurt because of a jab(not even said with a straight face) at their folding skills, I'm a bit concerned. People can tease and still love each other, it makes the time go by quicker and keeps them young. I don't see any malicious behavior in this ad, and I'm one to hate on the "dumb husband/smart wife" commercials.

Anyways, agree to disagree. Smile
Please, stop saying "Awesome" in commercials! Your actors are not awe-inspiring and neither is your product.
missyme View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missyme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2011 at 7:56am
Originally posted by Dear Dear wrote:

Sorry. I didn't see this reply.
Don't you think "headed for divorce" is a bit extreme? No, I didn't see him slam the clothing down. They look like a healthy couple, telling someone in an amused fashion "You suck at folding." is not going to shatter someone's ego. Now, if she yelled at him or acted annoyed with it, then yes it would bother me. If someone's that sensitive that their feelings are hurt because of a jab(not even said with a straight face) at their folding skills, I'm a bit concerned. People can tease and still love each other, it makes the time go by quicker and keeps them young. I don't see any malicious behavior in this ad, and I'm one to hate on the "dumb husband/smart wife" commercials.

Anyways, agree to disagree. Smile

I was always raised in the fashion of if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything. Teasing at it's core is mean spirited in a candy coating. It starts with little things but seems to be a cover for deeper resentments. That is the way I see it.
MissyMe
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2011 at 1:45pm
Originally posted by KrissyBean KrissyBean wrote:

Thor, I love you forever for being the first person on here (that I've seen) to reference Big Bang Theory.... my most FAVORITE show! 

You love me??  Well then, I present to you the Relationship Agreement. A binding covenant that in its 31 pages enumerates, illuminates and codifies the responsibilities of Thor (hereinafter referred to as the "Boyfriend") and KrissyBean (hereinafter referred to as the "Girlfriend).

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2011 at 4:50pm
Originally posted by KrissyBean KrissyBean wrote:

I want one of those t-shirt foldy things.....hmm......
ShockedCryYou have no idea what you have just gone and done....
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
capejt View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote capejt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2011 at 9:39pm
If she gets that nasty over how to fold clothes, imagine what she'd do to your male ego in bed!
"You suck at foreplay"
Matt View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2011 at 10:43pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

While I agree The Big Bang Theory is awesome, I think this method gives Sheldon a run for his money:

Dear View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2011 at 5:20am

I was always raised in the fashion of if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything. Teasing at it's core is mean spirited in a candy coating. It starts with little things but seems to be a cover for deeper resentments. That is the way I see it.
How do I keep missing your posts? Gah, I'm sorry.
We were raised very differently I suppose. There's a difference between being passive aggressive and playing. I guess it just comes down to how honest a person is. In my circle of loved ones, if something is bothering us or we are angry at one another, we say so calmly and openly because it's how we resolve the problem. Passive aggressive sugar-coated meanness to me is just a tool someone uses if they weren't taught how to express their emotions. Now, as for teasing...that's not really about any hidden agenda, it's just off-key humor.
But yes, I agree. I find passive aggressive behavior to be unkind.

I'm starting to like this commercial because it's pretty open to interpretation. I doubt they meant it that way, though.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2011 at 1:30pm

^

I take it you're not Italian.  LOL

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2011 at 1:32pm
This commercial gets a thumb-down from me, for no reason other than that I don't like when people say "3x more than".  "3x as much" or "3x as many" sounds better to me.  "Thrice" would get an extra thumb-up from me, just because it'd make me laugh. 

Grant View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2011 at 2:32pm
Originally posted by capejt capejt wrote:

If she gets that nasty over how to fold clothes, imagine what she'd do to your male ego in bed!
"You suck at foreplay"

Since commercials seem to take a lot of their cues from movies and sitcoms (not the clever parts of movies and sitcoms, only the parts that bug you!), there's probably no reason not to expect that in one of the sequels. All they'd have to do is use some slight euphemisms.

I've never seen these Tide commercials though, so I can't really comment on them in particular.
PCLEMSC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PCLEMSC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2011 at 3:03pm
There's a difference between humor and ridicule. This commercial smacks of ridicule. And it's usually the male being ridiculed by the female. Apparently, they don't think men buy Tide.
missyme View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missyme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2012 at 2:07pm
Originally posted by PCLEMSC PCLEMSC wrote:

There's a difference between humor and ridicule. This commercial smacks of ridicule. And it's usually the male being ridiculed by the female. Apparently, they don't think men buy Tide.

Exactly! Thank you!
MissyMe
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2012 at 2:52pm

Originally posted by PCLEMSC PCLEMSC wrote:

Exactly! Thank you!

Now that you mention it, I never see the opposite---for the products that men buy.  I don't see women being treated as idiots in truck or lawn product or tool commercials.

Still, unless I'm missing something, the commercial posted above doesn't seem that bad to me.

CatWoman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatWoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2012 at 11:43pm
I saw a different version of this commercial today - the "you suck at folding" part had been dropped and voiced over with the woman talking about Tide.Thumbs Up

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic