Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - TJ Maxx/Marshall's/Homegoods 2011 Carolers (video)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

TJ Maxx/Marshall's/Homegoods 2011 Carolers (video)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TJ Maxx/Marshall's/Homegoods 2011 Carolers (video)
    Posted: 18 Nov 2011 at 4:54pm
(Confusedyea...they're baaaaack - but now with their new friends from Homegoods! Jerkylips cranked up a thread about them in 2009, well...welcome to 2011)

WHY do we need to be inspired to go broke at the mall by a bunch of dancing credit-card abusers?
This is just terrible.

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2011 at 5:45pm
Now, that's gay.  And I mean that in every sense of the word.

Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2011 at 1:22am
I have to say, I love the Holy Trinity (TJMaxx, Marshalls, and Ross. My family calls them that because in the nearby city all three are on the same road). They have amazing prices, and I always find something nice there, be it clothing, jewelry, or housegoods (Or even guilty pleasure splurges, like LEGO sets more than 50% off their regular prices).

That said, this T.J.Maxx/Marshalls commercials are just terrible. Not as obnoxious as Burlington Coat Factory's (also pretty good, but hit and miss because some are well organised, some look like an over-priced ghetto Goodwill), but still they really upset me for being so terrible and associated with my favourite stores.

But there is one good thing. At least it's a break from the dumb women going 'I'm not a fashionista, I'm a Maxxinista"
rockman4417 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rockman4417 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2011 at 2:54am
This commercial just grates on the nerves.  Maybe it's because I'm a guy, but I can't fathom anything less appealing to me then being in that building around all those singing idiots.  And I've considered, bone marrow transplant among other things.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2011 at 3:16am
Another Christmas song ruined, when will they stop?

Can't they come up with original songs WTF!?
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2011 at 1:47pm
Originally posted by rockman4417 rockman4417 wrote:

This commercial just grates on the nerves.  Maybe it's because I'm a guy, but I can't fathom anything less appealing to me then being in that building around all those singing idiots.  And I've considered, bone marrow transplant among other things.

Being in a mall is bad.  Being in a mall at Christmastime is worse.  Being in a mall at Christmastime with Glee running around being gleeful would be---well, I might have to kill them.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2011 at 3:09am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Being in a mall is bad.  Being in a mall at Christmastime is worse.  Being in a mall at Christmastime with Glee running around being gleeful would be---well, I might have to kill them.

ConfusedReal Men don't do 'malls'.
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Dexx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dexx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2011 at 3:27am
OK, the worst part of these commercials is that NONE - not one - of these people are even trying to lip synch correctly. Not sure if it's lazy editing, stupid dancers, or what.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2011 at 1:14pm
Men are skipping in this commercial.

What the...?

robodog View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robodog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2011 at 3:51pm
Let's put it this way. If I was in a mall and a bunch of morons started dancing and singing like that I'd hit the sporting goods store, buy a hunting rifle and solve the problem myself.
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2011 at 6:35pm
^I'd get a harpoon gun and aim for the danglies.
robodog View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robodog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2011 at 7:09pm
Good idea. And after they're down from that hit them again in the throat. Either you kill them outright or sever their vocal chords. Either way they'll never be able to subject others to the agony that is their singing again. Might also wanna break their legs so they can't dance around like a frog having a siezure anymore as well.
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2011 at 8:07pm

What the...?

Well, they are wearing their gay apparel....... fa la la la la 
Kirbybeast! View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kirbybeast! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2011 at 7:40am
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

ConfusedReal Men don't do 'malls'.

"GLEE-full" is right...they're singing in that pseudo high pitched little girly voice that is supposed to be cute...but it isn't.
Big Momma View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
I donated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Momma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2011 at 10:47am
This one sends us all scrambling for the remote, it sucks in ways I didn't think were possible!
zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2011 at 4:38am
I call them the axis of retail evil because of their sh***y commercials. Maxinista? Puleeze. And now these a-holes took one of the worst songs ever hoisted on us and adopted it to proclaim working their employees like the kids in Kathy Lee's sweatshops. And like Target opening at midnight on Thanksgiving night is an exercise in stupidity, waste of energy and spoiling their unfortunate employees holiday.
Nuke
I approve this message.
Raian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2011 at 3:59am
I'll tell you what really grates me. This:

...quick, quick, quick,
Pay far less for the same great deal

Does anyone here think "quick" and "deal" rhyme? Here's the original song:

Up on the rooftop, click, click, click
Down through the chimney with good St. Nick

Now, musician though I am not, I think "click" and "nick" rhyme. I actually like TJ Maxx/Marshall's/Homegoods. Why the bad commercial? Why ruin the song? Why, if you're going to make the commercial and ruin the song, would you at least not use words that RHYME? It's so jarring and awkward, even more so than the rest of this piece of crap.
TimJohniLL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TimJohniLL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2011 at 10:09pm
Originally posted by Raian Raian wrote:

I'll tell you what really grates me. This:

...quick, quick, quick,
Pay far less for the same great deal

Does anyone here think "quick" and "deal" rhyme? Here's the original song:

Every time I hear the commercial, my brain wants to rhyme "sh*t" at the spot you're talking about.

I think the song's rhyme scheme and the jarring feeling this line causes, were actually to get people like me to notice.
Lmao, I don't know if it's just because I'm weird, but to be honest I think more people than you'd probably think do the same thing.

♪"SAME GREEEAAAAT ....    sh*t!"♫

Yea. I love the holidays.
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2011 at 2:54pm

What the...?

That one gent in the plaid scarf looks like he's thoroughly enjoying his skip. It's like he's putting everything he's got into getting that leg up high.

The singing blonde has a huge pie hole, too. I want to stuff a fruitcake into it to shut her up.
The artist formerly known as Madawee

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2011 at 3:21pm
Originally posted by Madawee Madawee wrote:

What the...?

That one gent in the plaid scarf looks like he's thoroughly enjoying his skip. It's like he's putting everything he's got into getting that leg up high.

I thought it was the black guy with the fauxhawk who seemed to be in all his glory...especially at 14 seconds in.

msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2011 at 4:35pm
Thor, I went back and looked - yes, he does look Peter Pan-ish flying around. But at .06 the white dude with the plaid scarf really gets into it, too.

fauxhawk - LMAO!

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2011 at 7:43pm
ErmmThere are no MEN in that commercial. At least not real ones.
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2011 at 8:30pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

ErmmThere are no MEN in that commercial. At least not real ones.

I wonder if they sat around eating quiche in between sets? LOL

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2011 at 8:49pm
ARGH I CAN'T STAND THIS COMMERCIAL.

Not only raping a Christmas classic but singing it wrong too. They're singing way too high a pitch to be tolerable. AHHH!!!!

Someone take their vocal cords away so they can stop singing!!!!!Angry
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2011 at 9:05pm

I don't mind high-pitched voices. A few singers I love have them; however, I HATE when the pitch of a voice is totally fake, which really seems to be the case here.

The choreography really is awful. I find it hilarious that Petite Japanese actresses in Takarazuka play male characters far more masculine than these guys are. I think whoever choreographed this didn't realise there'd be men in it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic