Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Holiday Musical

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70s80s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Holiday Musical
    Posted: 13 Nov 2011 at 11:51pm
The only thing worse than behemoth vehicles with big red Christmas bows is THIS:

"Cottage cheese is not a 'feminine product'!"
Sponsored Links

zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2011 at 8:45am
It's gonna be a very long holiday season; commercial wise. We haven't even hit Turkey day and there are already XMAS commercials that may eclipse the worst 4 from last year even the Pomplimoose Invasion on TV! An alarming trend this year; schmaltzy obnoxious Christmas carols sung to the tune of whatever product is being hawked for us to purchase in a Gay centric Broadway Musical montage. I'm already to hurl. At least this trend puts young aspiring actors and dancers to work. Though if I were one of them I'd feel like I sold my soul to the devil. Stay tuned for a thread about another offender which is actually worse than this one. And I forgot I despise that ugly 1950's shaped frame above those fugly cars.
I approve this message.
70s80s View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70s80s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2011 at 1:59pm
Originally posted by zippyjet zippyjet wrote:

It's gonna be a very long holiday season; commercial wise. We haven't even hit Turkey day and there are already XMAS commercials that may eclipse the worst 4 from last year even the Pomplimoose Invasion on TV! An alarming trend this year; schmaltzy obnoxious Christmas carols sung to the tune of whatever product is being hawked for us to purchase in a Gay centric Broadway Musical montage. I'm already to hurl. At least this trend puts young aspiring actors and dancers to work. Though if I were one of them I'd feel like I sold my soul to the devil. Stay tuned for a thread about another offender which is actually worse than this one. And I forgot I despise that ugly 1950's shaped frame above those fugly cars.

I approve this message, too! Wink
"Cottage cheese is not a 'feminine product'!"
insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2011 at 3:43pm

It's gonna be a very long holiday season; commercial wise. We haven't even hit Turkey day and there are already XMAS commercials that may eclipse the worst 4 from last year even the Pomplimoose Invasion on TV!

Agreed.  It's not even  Thanksgiving yet and I'm already sick of Christmas.

Mindybolt View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mindybolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2011 at 7:08pm
Good news--the Christmas commercial-invasion is over!
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2011 at 7:17pm
Originally posted by Mindybolt Mindybolt wrote:

Yeah but they extended this ad to January 3, 2012!!!!Angry
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2011 at 7:18pm
Originally posted by Mindybolt Mindybolt wrote:

Though some will just be reworked for Valentine's Day.

Mindybolt View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mindybolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2011 at 7:21pm
Well, there went my hopes for a smarter network.
JuiceHead View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JuiceHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2011 at 8:06pm

It's gonna be a very long holiday season; commercial wise...

It is now December 31 and I'm just joining this thread.  I saw this obnoxious commercial - still - last night while watching TV with my wife.  I believe zippyjet deserves credit, probably more credit than even imaginable when the above comment was posted on November 14, 2011 and it's still playing a week after Christmas! Very long holiday season is right!

To make it even worse, this is also just one of those tunes that worms its way into my brain circuitry and loops endlessly for hours.  AAAAaaaaarrrrrrrrrrggggghhh!!!  Make it stop!  MAKE IT STOP!!
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2011 at 10:06pm
I'm still hearing that Lexus' December to remember jingle, too.
JuiceHead View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JuiceHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2012 at 12:34am
Only one way to extinguish an obnoxious song or jingle from your brain: Auditory Virus Replacement Therapy.  That's when you focus really hard on a more powerful song, one you actually like and, no matter how persistent the obnoxious tune is you keep mentally squeezing it back with the good song.

Earlier today I actually had that idiotic Nissan song looping over and over in my brain, while grocery shopping with my wife, and over the P.A. came the song "Message of Love" by the Pretenders.  Powerful dueling rhythm guitars did the job.  Been with me now for hours and no sign of Nissan.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic