Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

It's not necessarily the most wonderful time:

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: It's not necessarily the most wonderful time:
    Posted: 31 Oct 2011 at 4:36am
It seems like just yesterday we were suffering through some of the worst set of commercials. I feel the holiday season which seems to start earlier each year is now upon us. Last year the four nominated crappy commercials with a lot of runners up were forced on us and in a lousy economy. My question: Anyone know if any of these repeat offenders will be back this year for a holiday season encore?
 In no particluar order they were all horrible!

1. Pomplimoose and their Hundai commercials
2. Vampire Weekend croaking their awful hipster son Holiday for Happy Honda Days complete with early 70's stop action.

3. That cute blonde as the hyperactive nerdy chick training for Targets early morning day after Thanksgiving sales.

4. The Best Buy elf with the bloated head.

5. And I know this will be back, the Lexus with the big fat bow on top of the luxo vehicle.
I approve this message.
Sponsored Links

zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2011 at 4:39am
How could I forget those crappy commercials where there were obnoxious carrolers singing lame Christmas Carols to the tune of their store. I believe it was Best Buy or JC Penny. These commercials were so obnoxious and unimaginative I forgot which company was the advertiser. This demonstrates how a bad commercial can be so bad you forget the store/company that paid for this abortion in advertising.
I approve this message.
Zach6848 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zach6848 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2011 at 4:41am
I agree with all of the above, and amend the list with the following:

The HHGregg ad that would dance around and sing Christmas carols. I would like to wipe my ass on that HHGregg flyer.
ghostonthehorizon View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ghostonthehorizon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2011 at 4:43am
Pomplimoose or whoever those dicks were just had a concert in Portland the other day. I can't see how they could generate that much interest.

zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2011 at 7:04am
You can thank the Hipsters. Pomplamoose and a lot of other lame groups are embraced by the Hipster culture. And the female part of Pomplamoose (Nataly Dawn) is cute. Sort of like that mysterious buff Hippie chick who was a braniac, liked to pound out hippie storys on her typewriter wearing cutoffs exposing her shapley but hairy unshaved legs that many of us had a secret crush for.  I caught a Pomplamoose vid on You Tube and Nataly actually has a nice singing voice in addition to her hippie chick cuteness. Go figure. As long as those commercials don't return. And regarding that HH Gregg flyer, my ass is too good to use it for wiping. I'd like to use that singing HH Gregg flyer to pick up kitty ploppies and hairball hurl. (LOL)
I approve this message.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2011 at 12:44pm
Originally posted by zippyjet zippyjet wrote:

1. Pomplimoose and their Hundai commercials

Sorry, but I enjoyed those commercials.

OK, I didn't actually enjoy those commercials, but I certainly enjoyed mocking them.  I hope they return...and with some new, even more precious songs to delight us with.

And, FYI...the mockery here was extensive.  It seeped into threads that weren't even about them!

regulus View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2011 at 1:33pm
Just wait until the Holidays are over. Next year is an even-numbered Leap Year, and you know what that means! Angry 

On November 7, 2012 we'll be welcoming back Christmas Ads with OPEN ARMS! Hug
Poiuyt Power!!!
Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2011 at 4:55pm
Originally posted by Zach6848 Zach6848 wrote:

I agree with all of the above, and amend the list with the following:

The HHGregg ad that would dance around and sing Christmas carols. I would like to wipe my ass on that HHGregg flyer.

LOLLOLLOLLOL That nearly made me choke.

zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2011 at 8:38pm
Originally posted by regulus regulus wrote:

Just wait until the Holidays are over. Next year is an even-numbered Leap Year, and you know what that means! Angry 

On November 7, 2012 we'll be welcoming back Christmas Ads with OPEN ARMS! Hug

Some of those political mud slinging ads are so bad I actually thought I liked them in a sick way. I'm sorry but those crass holiday ads just make me batty. And they motivate a lot of people suffering from depression to take that final plunge.

Someone should come up with a PSA mocking those Lexus commercials where someone places a big fat bow on top of their head and then snuff themselves. I know I'm a sick puppy.
I approve this message.
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2011 at 10:41pm
Any car ad where vehicles are given as gifts.

He went to Jared.  
molegoddess View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote molegoddess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2011 at 6:21pm
I don't recall any of those commercials except the big bow on the car, of course, and the singing along with department store Muzak.  I'm pretty sure it was JCP.

What happens during an even-numbered leap year?Confused
This is my timey-wimey detector. It goes ding when there's stuff.     ~The Doctor
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2011 at 7:17pm
Originally posted by molegoddess molegoddess wrote:

I don't recall any of those commercials except the big bow on the car, of course, and the singing along with department store Muzak.  I'm pretty sure it was JCP.

What happens during an even-numbered leap year?Confused
Presidential election.  We will be innundated with those freaking political ads until our teeth, hair and eyes fall out.
 By the time it's all over, we'll actually be GLAD to see a lousy Christmas ad.
The artist formerly known as Madawee

orion70 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orion70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2011 at 7:35pm
Originally posted by Tiz Tiz wrote:

He went to Jared.  

Every kiss begins with Kay. 
bwestfall View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwestfall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2011 at 8:07pm
All I know is that I saw/heard over a dozen Christmas commercials just last night so I am already sick of all of them!  Why, oh why does Christmas have to last over 2 months?!Unhappy

And for people like me, you'd have to go live in a cave to get away from it because its everywhere; crammed down your throat.
A new study finds that people who are chipper & happy live longer. Which is surprising because people who aren't chipper & happy want to kill people who are always chipper & happy. David Letterman
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2011 at 8:11pm
Pringles has a Christmas commercial.  Of all things---Pringles.

regulus View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2011 at 8:42pm
Originally posted by bwestfall bwestfall wrote:

And for people like me, you'd have to go live in a cave to get away from it because its everywhere; crammed down your throat.
Then again there's "My Method"! LOL
Poiuyt Power!!!
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2011 at 9:19pm
I've seen a Macys, Home Depot and just saw this repeat last night.
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2011 at 9:27pm
Hopefully, Folgers comes up with a better(non-incest like) Peter this year.Confused
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2011 at 2:33pm
All the gadget commercials are starting up.  I see they've put some Christmas music into the commercial for that spaghetti strainer thing.

Bena View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2011 at 3:24pm
And the jewelry commercials that tell men their women will only love them if they buy them diamonds. Like we're all high-priced whores. This one insults both sexes. Blech.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2011 at 3:28pm
Just saw this one.  Some little girl with a Christmas CD to sell.  Yeah, she can sing...but so what?  I've heard this melodramatic approach to Christmas songs for years.  I guess the novelty is that she's 10 (or whatever).  Kind of the opposite side of the Susan Boyle coin. 

Zach6848 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zach6848 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2011 at 5:44pm
Why does Christmas, a celebration which lasts one day, have to be advertised and shoved down our throats for nearly two months? I don't understand it. I mean, I love Christmas and I love the season, but if you came to the United States with no idea what Christmas was, and you saw all the commercials for it, what would you think?

You would likely think that Christmas is nothing but a commercial holiday which has no actual meaning. Just a big ploy to feed the consumer mass-produced cesspool which the world has become. I think alot of people, especially younger people, have lost the idea of what Christmas is actually about.

It's starting to remind me alot of Valentine's Day. AKA, another excuse for people to spend ridiculous amounts of money to buy expensive gifts for others with hardly any meaning to be found. Of all holidays, Valentine's Day is my most hated.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2011 at 6:22pm
Originally posted by Zach6848 Zach6848 wrote:

Why does Christmas, a celebration which lasts one day, have to be advertised and shoved down our throats for nearly two months? I don't understand it. I mean, I love Christmas and I love the season, but if you came to the United States with no idea what Christmas was, and you saw all the commercials for it, what would you think?

You would likely think that Christmas is nothing but a commercial holiday which has no actual meaning. Just a big ploy to feed the consumer mass-produced cesspool which the world has become. I think alot of people, especially younger people, have lost the idea of what Christmas is actually about.

I'm with you on this.  But I don't think the problem is with the producers of all this stuff; I think it's with the consumers of it.  They may be feeding, but we're eating. 
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2011 at 8:05pm
There is no money to be made on Thanksgiving except for companies that sell turkeys. That's why they blow right through Thanksgiving and start Christmas.
Last year some stores were open Thanksgiving day, so much for giving thanks.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2011 at 8:44pm
Originally posted by Tiz Tiz wrote:

There is no money to be made on Thanksgiving except for companies that sell turkeys. That's why they blow right through Thanksgiving and start Christmas.
Last year some stores were open Thanksgiving day, so much for giving thanks.

Christmas is a much more "valuable" holiday than Thanksgiving.

There's always a seasonal reason to spend.  There are no major gaps. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic