Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

McRib is back, and so is hubby hatred

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2012 at 1:46am
Originally posted by Hezadancer Hezadancer wrote:

Never been a fan of the pressed ribblet patty thing, it was a staple of public school lunches. Oddly enough I freaking loved cafeteria cheeseburgers. They were as far from "real" as you can get and yet I loved them.

Hubby loves the McRib and I'm fine with that. I love McDonald's, never understood the people who go "eww McDonald's is so gross I can't eat there". Like really? Are you saying I have a garbage palate because I think it's delicious?

I'm OK with McDonalds once in a long while. As long as It's not a McRib or anything with their "cheese like substance". I recently ordered an angus burger without cheese and actually received it as ordered. It was pretty good.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2012 at 3:22am
I never go to McDonalds.  But that's not because I think it's gross.  It's because it's too good, and I don't need to get into a McDonalds habit.  When I used to go, it was always the same order---two cheeseburgers, fries, a coke and sometimes a vanilla shake.  Heaven on a tray!

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2012 at 4:00am
You should try the McDouble. It's like a Double Cheeseburger.

Two patties, but only one slice of cheese instead of two.

And they're only a buck!!!

I get 3 to go, bring them home & bake my own fries.

YUM!!!!! Tongue

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2012 at 2:43pm
Sounds good, but it won't happen.  The only time I've been to McDonalds in the last 8 years, was in 2011, to get a Shamrock Shake.  I have plenty of other food habits, and I don't need yet another one.

DKS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2012 at 4:55pm
I find their burgers pretty awful, but I get their breakfast occasionally. Not usually my first choice, but they're really close(like I could walk there in 5 minutes, ) and they're cheap, so if I don't feel like going to a non-fast food restaurant and don't wanna make the trip/spend the money at Whataburger, I occasionally head there and get something.
"I see the sadness in their eyes
Melancholy in their cries
Devoid of all the passion
The human spirit cannot die"
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2012 at 9:55pm
I had lunch at McDonalds today. They have large posters on display. McRib. "The Ultimate Pork Sandwich!" BMW. "The Ultimate Driving Machine." Perhaps. McRib. "The Ultimate Pork Sandwich." I don't think so! 
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2012 at 10:00pm
I saw a promotion for McRib at McDonald's actually a display for the McRib on the menu. I decided on a simple cheeseburger should suffice.
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Annoyedalot View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Annoyedalot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2012 at 8:47pm
McRibs are OK, but pickles just don't go with it.  Say what you will about McDonalds but a McChicken sandwich or a McDouble, for a buck, is a good deal.  For two bucks, I'm full.
LittleO View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2012 at 12:05am
Originally posted by Annoyedalot Annoyedalot wrote:

McRibs are OK, but pickles just don't go with it.  Say what you will about McDonalds but a McChicken sandwich or a McDouble, for a buck, is a good deal.  For two bucks, I'm full.

For me it's the raw onions that don't belong. I love the pickles.

Had one today and thought of you guys! Wink
TheNilvarg View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheNilvarg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2013 at 9:38pm
Using the word "hubby" is just as hateful toward men as portraying them as idiots in commercials. That word makes me want to vomit.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic