Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

McRib is back, and so is hubby hatred

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ghostonthehorizon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: McRib is back, and so is hubby hatred
    Posted: 26 Oct 2011 at 1:23am

Ah, the lovely McRib, a seasonal thing, but they managed to keep up the year long habit of dumb husband - annoyed wife. The dumb in this commercial, I don't even know what to say. In some ways, I can't help but think he knows what kind of wife he married.
Sponsored Links

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2011 at 1:40am
ShockedCryYOU FOUND IT!!!!!!!!!
I have been looking for thsi one for two days!
WHAT A SIMPLY STUPID, F'UKING COMMERCIAL!
I...I...I...cannot express my absolute most diseased spittle for this waste of our lives...
GOH? THANK YOU!
I've no other words,...other than, well...you're a real trooper - a champ, doncha know!
Ya got a fan here - thanks for taking a load off my tiny brain.

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
musicman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Formerly 0000

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2011 at 4:20am
Reminds me of something on the Crag Ferguson show.  He was telling some actress the things he looked for in a woman.  One asset was not being bitter, and the actress said, You gotta go really young to get that.  LOL

EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2011 at 8:52am
Will they ever stop with this ridiculous ad tactic?  You can always tell the ad will use the "dumbass husband/boyfriend because of the unbelievably tw*tty look on the faces of the dumb vagina life support systems.  Their c*nty lips just drippity drip with condescension as they talk to their dumbsh*t boyfriends.  MY GOD, F*CKING STOP THIS SH*TTY AD TACTIC!  I gotta stop typing because my blood is boiling.  AngryAngryAngryAngry  
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

calzonesays View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote calzonesays Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2011 at 9:47am
By the year 2014 the "all knowing" wives are gonna start f***ing the dimwitted husbands with strap-ons while making them scream her name. 
SqaurePeg61 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SqaurePeg61 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2011 at 4:31pm
He knew the job was dangerous when he took it...
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2011 at 10:45pm
I've seen her before but she's dyed her hair. Think it was in an SUV commercial.

As for the commercial: who sends anyone a picture of McDonald food? C'mon, it's fast food.
ghostonthehorizon View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ghostonthehorizon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2011 at 3:02am
Originally posted by Tiz Tiz wrote:

I've seen her before but she's dyed her hair. Think it was in an SUV commercial.

As for the commercial: who sends anyone a picture of McDonald food? C'mon, it's fast food.

I know a few, but that's usually followed by "can you believe this sh*t"
JasperGretsch View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JasperGretsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2011 at 3:22am
Am I the only one who actually agrees with her? 
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2011 at 3:36am

She:  "Oh great, I married a 14 year old."

Yeah, that might be legal in Arkansas, but in any other state she'd be IN JAIL....  LOL

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2011 at 3:40am
Originally posted by JasperGretsch JasperGretsch wrote:

Am I the only one who actually agrees with her? 

No.  I agree with her, too.  Anyone who gets that excited over McAnything is a friggin' McMoron.

Neil R View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2011 at 4:21am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Anyone who gets that excited over McAnything is a friggin' McMoron.

McPerfect!
MrCleveland View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrCleveland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2011 at 7:28pm

I hate that commercial too...

This genre of bitchy females HAS to stop, from girls who can't read and takes all the candy to women who have to dog their husbands because they're simple-minded!Angry

Thank God for kids who love Obscure Things.

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2011 at 8:24pm
I hate ALL  McDs commercials whether it is radio or TV. Hubby hater  or ghetto spanker.  This is the token (caucasion) version of the McRib for sure.
purrpickle View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purrpickle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2011 at 3:06am
I may be in the minority here, but I think her attitude is (for the most part) deserved. It's their honeymoon, and her new husband thinks a sandwich is more important? In this commercial, at least, he deserves her scorn. If he was my husband, and knowing that he was being completely serious, I'd worry about the state of my marriage. 'Course, she probably should have known before she married him.

Anyway, the woman has been in the e-bay commercial for skinny jeans vs. mom's jeans and also she was the girl with the hundreds of facebook friends while her parents are 'sad' to have only three (because they're out going to the stable with their new car). Aside from that, I don't know. I just know she'll start appearing more and more.
Your friendly neighborhood pickle thief with the heart of a kitten. :}
Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2011 at 1:39am
"Whaaaaaaat that's not a real McRib... it's too small to be a real McRib." Tongue

Yeah, how old is this skankbag, anyway? She was supposedly a kid in that Toyota commercial, now she's married in this one.
calzonesays View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote calzonesays Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2011 at 9:13am
Originally posted by purrpickle purrpickle wrote:

I may be in the minority here, but I think her attitude is (for the most part) deserved. It's their honeymoon, and her new husband thinks a sandwich is more important? In this commercial, at least, he deserves her scorn. If he was my husband, and knowing that he was being completely serious, I'd worry about the state of my marriage. 'Course, she probably should have known before she married him.

Anyway, the woman has been in the e-bay commercial for skinny jeans vs. mom's jeans and also she was the girl with the hundreds of facebook friends while her parents are 'sad' to have only three (because they're out going to the stable with their new car). Aside from that, I don't know. I just know she'll start appearing more and more.

it's "deserved" because advertisers bend over backwards trying to create scenarios in which woman end up looking down/being superior to men.  the white male is always the punching bag in the commercials and it's getting really old. 

all advertisers basically portray them as pussies and then suggest they buy their products or drink their beer to "man up"
purrpickle View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purrpickle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2011 at 9:38am
Ah yes. I was looking at it from a 'responsive' point of view, and not looking at it from the 'why are these people in this situation, anyway?' point of view. That's what I get for trying to respond to the commercial as 'real'.  

But anyway. Yes. This commercial is an example of the idiotic white male. It's dumb and it's stupid and it should stop. I guess I should have mentioned that in my first comment. Ah well.
Your friendly neighborhood pickle thief with the heart of a kitten. :}
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2011 at 3:36pm
Confused"...I married a 14-year-old!...."
Shame on McD's!
That girl gets away making a comment that inspires even more dangerous women High School Teachers to take advantage of our underage sons.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Jimmy View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2011 at 12:42am
I detest that girl's voice....what he should do is leave her on the island and fly back for his crappy food and his geek friends who share more with him than his squeaky bride!
I bloody HATE this advert!~Angry
One man gathers what another man spills
sjchevalier07 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sjchevalier07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2011 at 3:57pm
She shouldn't hate on the McRib, it is heaven on a bun!
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2011 at 5:11pm
Did you mean heavin' on a bun?
Grant View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2011 at 5:42pm
Originally posted by SqaurePeg61 SqaurePeg61 wrote:

He knew the job was dangerous when he took it...

I'm just glad to hear from a Super Chicken fan.
jeroboam View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeroboam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2011 at 8:18pm
I will partake of the awful mcrib once ina  blue moon (thankfully it only comes out once in a blue moon) I don't go to fast food much but when I do I don't pretend it is great but I also don't pretend it is horrible either. Anyway, this ad only bugs me because... yeah yeah yeah we get it mcdonalds people love them so much they don't want to miss them. but the "Husband will miss honeymoon/wedding/birth of child for whatever (golf/big game/vegas trip/food....) is old and tired. I think every decade has that scenario as a key moment of a sit com.  I say the wife let this piece of sh*t fly back to his buddies and their meat and she party on the island with some locals sending him cam phone pics of what he is missing

Skins21 View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skins21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2011 at 8:49pm
She may have married a 14 year old.....but he clearly married a pig.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic