Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Taco Bell "Black Ops" (Video)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Taco Bell "Black Ops" (Video)
    Posted: 25 Oct 2011 at 3:29am
ClownWhat was Taco Hell thinking?
Brian Wilson, the Giants 'star' relief pitcher (more for his outlandish character; he's pretty much an average baseball 'thrower') who apparently has become the 'poster boy' for, and garnished the following of the average terminally-slow, highly-stoned, and probably unemployed average San Fruitcisco resident. They probably think he is "funny" and "cool"...and just what is all this 'black ops' silliness, anyway? Not funny, simply stupid. 
I dunno...I just do not care for him, but maybe I'm being little too hard on him. Maybe he is a local hero for 'NutLand on the Faultline' 3rd & 4th grade chilluns between the ages 8 and 80, which means he has a huge fan base around there.
And then there remains the question about the Taco Bell 'XXX' chalupa.

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Sponsored Links

calzonesays View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote calzonesays Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2011 at 5:34am
I get what your saying Pa.  But "average" thrower? 

His fastball hits 99mph and his slider is ridiculous.  Hardly average.  I agree he is annoying and trying too hard to be a "character".  
Obie View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Obie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2011 at 6:52am
He's a good pitcher but the 'Fear the Beard, ultra-hip' shtick got old shortly after last year's World Series.
He was actually pretty funny on Jay Leno's show right after that final game, but the weird 'Old Spice sea captain' get-up he wore on the since-cancelled George Lopez show was his shark-jump moment.
Taco Bell seems to be a year behind on this 'relief pitchers selling chalupas' thing. Last year, while Wilson was busy becoming a 'star', Mariano Rivera of the Yankees was likely sitting at home, not pitching, and watching the Taco Bell ads he and his manager, Joe Girardi, had done.
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2011 at 7:29am
This douchebag hits a 10 on the Annoyance Scale.  Plus, the commercial makes no goddamn sense.  Gotta love Taco Bell's idiotic commercials.  Shave your beard, douchecopter. Angry
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

HollyRock View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Illustrious Video Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HollyRock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2011 at 12:28pm
I don't like to see people with beards (especially big ones) eating on TV.  Unless the beard is white, it's a Rankin Bass production, and the dude is eating cookies.

Let's try not to be boring, mkay?
Cherry_Carver View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherry_Carver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2011 at 1:00pm
Originally posted by HollyRock HollyRock wrote:

I don't like to see people with beards (especially big ones) eating on TV.

Me, either.  It make me wonder why Guy "Fieri" (born Guy Ferry, BTW) is so popular that the Food Network runs "Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives" umpteen times in a row nearly every night.  Who wants to watch some fat jerk with a beard slobber all over himself in an effort to get viewers to patronize somebody's restaurant?  Ugh!!!
HollyRock View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Illustrious Video Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HollyRock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2011 at 1:35pm
YES!  With his bad dye job, and sunglasses on top of his head, inside.  He's dumb.
Let's try not to be boring, mkay?
Obie View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Obie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2011 at 12:27am
And homophobic, acccording to this story...I always assumed he'd be one to accuse someone else of such behavior...
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2011 at 12:52am
Originally posted by Obie Obie wrote:

And homophobic, acccording to this story...I always assumed he'd be one to accuse someone else of such behavior...
Confusedyea, o.k., fine.
This thread is about the "wish I could be elite" idiothole (I really hate to sove his face in the mud since he is from New Hampshire, originally...) from the Giants and TacoHell.
Wilson is a kiddyland show-off idjit. I'd really be a fan o'the boy if'n he just grow up a bit.
He's from the GWN...he's GOT talent; all he's gotta do is quit acting like a child.

"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2011 at 8:53am
Originally posted by Obie Obie wrote:

I bet he's gotten some black ops up his cornchute.  He has to have called his inner deliciousness for mansperm. 
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2011 at 1:45pm
As stupid as the commercial is, at least he's not just flatly reciting his lines like most sports figures in commercials do.  Of course, "goofy" is his schtick, so he's promoting himself as much as he's promoting Taco Bell.  I'll bet when his baseball career is over, he'll be scooped up as a sports announcer.  After that, comes a reality show. 

Maybe he's not as stupid as he acts.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2011 at 2:30pm
Wow.

I want a XXL Chalupa.

Does anyonr know how much they cost?

Probably around 4 or 5 bucks.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
JasperGretsch View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JasperGretsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2011 at 3:40am
I had no idea this guy was for real. I was confused as to why he's wearing a giants uniform and a fake beard..now that I know it's a real dude, and he looks like that 24/7 makes me hate this commercial even more. 
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2011 at 3:18am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Wow.

I want a XXL Chalupa.

OuchOuchwill that be with 'black ops cheesy', or just ask them to hold the shtick?
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2011 at 7:10pm
Originally posted by JasperGretsch JasperGretsch wrote:

I had no idea this guy was for real. I was confused as to why he's wearing a giants uniform and a fake beard..now that I know it's a real dude, and he looks like that 24/7 makes me hate this commercial even more. 

Hard to believe that the beard is real, huh?  He really needs to shave that damn rat's nest.  But hey, he's "different"! LOL

- Mark Twain

Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2011 at 1:21am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Wow.

I want a XXL Chalupa.

I had a combo last week. It was about 5 bucks and a dime, but the chalupa was only like half full. LOL Fast food advertising strikes again.
Original Cyn View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Original Cyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2011 at 3:30am
Every time Brian Wilson shows up in those Taco Bell ads….

….this is the image that immediately comes to mind.

"Well-behaved women rarely make history." ~~Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
SeanyGenovese View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeanyGenovese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2011 at 4:01pm
I thought they only made beards like that in the New England Metal/Hardcore scene! Good gawd! Shocked

But yeah... this guy makes my kidneys hurt.
Conforming To Abnormality
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic