Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What are you watching right now?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4748495051 60>
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2018 at 5:26pm
Originally posted by msmadz msmadz wrote:

The Yule log.

Pa, damn, very sorry for your loss. May Grandpawolf rest in peace. You're in my prayers.
Thanks Maddy...for all of us it is a relief and we're happy for him as he lingered for so long. He LITERALLY waited for my brother and then took leave, which was noticed about 15 minutes after my brother left from seeing him. Ain't NO WAY *I'm* going like that! The moment I need someone else to wipe my ass, or I see myself becoming an 'Angry Asparagus', it's over.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Sponsored Links

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2018 at 6:24pm
Sorry to hear about your dad, PW.

Tough to lose your parents, especially when it's slow and they aren't happy.

Hope he's hanging out somewhere with my folks and those of a few others of us, reading our BS, shaking their heads and having a laugh on us.

Just waiting for us all to arrive.

BTW, watching Laramie.

I used to find the thought of sitting inside watching old westerns on daytime TV downright depressing. Made me feel like *I* should be in an old folks home sitting in a wheelchair with a blanket on my lap while the outside world was going by having fun.

But TV has gotten so crappy and nauseating nowadays, I've come to see old westerns as a refuge from the modern PC crap.

Even a lot of the old sitcoms from the "good ol' days" are too smarmy to watch.

Laramie is a pretty good show, though.

Decent plots and stories as those old shows go and the acting is good.

And that Robert Fuller is such a dreamy hunk!!!

(Wonder if I'll get suspended again for making a gay comment)
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2018 at 6:32pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Sorry to hear about your dad, PW.

Tough to lose your parents, especially when it's slow and they aren't happy.

Hope he's hanging out somewhere with my folks and those of a few others of us, reading our BS, shaking their heads and having a laugh on us.

Just waiting for us all to arrive.

BTW, watching Laramie.

I used to find the thought of sitting inside watching old westerns on daytime TV downright depressing. Made me feel like *I* should be in an old folks home sitting in a wheelchair with a blanket on my lap while the outside world was going by having fun.

But TV has gotten so crappy and nauseating nowadays, I've come to see old westerns as a refuge from the modern PC crap.

Even a lot of the old sitcoms from the "good ol' days" are too smarmy to watch.

Laramie is a pretty good show, though.

Decent plots and stories as those old shows go and the acting is good.

And that Robert Fuller is such a dreamy hunk!!!

(Wonder if I'll get suspended again for making a gay comment)
I kinda doubt that, Jimbo. You didn't do anything wrong.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2018 at 7:04pm
Didn't do anything worthy of a month suspension last time.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2018 at 8:25pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Didn't do anything worthy of a month suspension last time.

WinkOh, that's so flaky you ol'cornball!

I created a thread for our month-long date in limbo with victory music and the 'official published explanation' of where we ended up...
http://www.commercialsihate.com/the-black-plague-and-cholera_topic27031_post401958.html#401958
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2018 at 5:10pm
Broadcast TV sucks balls on the weekend, most of the time!  I found another college football game, I think it's on tape. Miami vs Florida State.  These guys don't like each other. Pretty good game.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2018 at 5:51pm
COX Cable, here...I have 'On Demand', so if there was any broadcast show I missed, I generally can catch it any time I like, which is nice. HOWEVER, if I missed the last 15 minutes, I cannot 'Fast Forward' to that point (I CAN rewind, though). Also, if I accidentally sneeze & fart at the same time and choose the wrong show on the same channel, and it starts...I have to wait until it finishes, which is time I'll never get back). Life is getting SO complicated & hard!
Couch potato eating and watching TV
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2018 at 6:05pm
^LOL
That's disgusting!

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2018 at 6:13pm
Been watching Abandoned on the Vice channel.  One episode has the host and a friend taking a road trip on Route 66 from one end (in SoCal) to the other (in Chicago).  Kind of interesting how the advent of the interstates marked the end of smaller roads like 66 (and all the towns and businesses that sprang up along the way).

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2018 at 6:52pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Been watching Abandoned on the Vice channel.  One episode has the host and a friend taking a road trip on Route 66 from one end (in SoCal) to the other (in Chicago).  Kind of interesting how the advent of the interstates marked the end of smaller roads like 66 (and all the towns and businesses that sprang up along the way).

WinkRoute 66 was TOTALLY decimated by the Interstates...I've driven parts of it, but never stopped for 'photo art', which is one of Homey's Hobbies...making that road trip again remains on the ol'bucket list as something I feel I HAVE to do more than WANT to do...
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 6:01pm
Ion TV is making some changes in programming for the new year, infomercials galore since Christmas. Angry

Chicago PD...A couple of episodes into what I hope is the first season.  GREAT SHOW!  Edgy, exciting, thrilling.  The cops don't really follow the rules but does it really matter as long as the bad guy goes down.

Follows District 21 of the Chicago Police Department, which is made up of two distinctly different groups: the uniformed cops and the Intelligence Unit.

Some viewers comments:

In my opinion this show as well as Chicago Fire (Of which Chicago PD is a spin off of) are the best cop, paramedic and firefighter shows since Third Watch.

Chicago PD is full of action right off the bat and although it may not be the most realistic or factual cop show it is entertaining which is what TV is meant to be. If i wanted to see something realistic id watch a reality highway patrol show... ZzzZz

If you like Chicago Fire Third Watch, SVU or any of those type of shows your bound to love this!

I'm hooked and i've only seen one episode.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK. Somebody please tell me there is a number more than 10 for this pilot. I am surprised to see Chicago P.D., specially from NBC. It's more than anything I've ever saw from Television so far and I'm Speechless. The violence is used for this series is almost enough to not be scared about and is not more than you expect to be a drama series. In years I saw so many police dramas from different networks, Criminal Minds, Justified, The Closer, Copper, Cracked, Crossing Lines and Dexter, but this is different. The idea is fresh, the casts are Good, the plot is not Predictable (I think because I just saw the pilot), directing was good, visual effects are astonishing and the series is so far building to my expectations. I cannot wait to see more. Hope this will be continues in next episodes. 10/10.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 7:54pm
My (current) favorite show - The Dead Files!!!
Amy Allen is almost scary when it comes down to accuracy.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 4:04am
I just caught the tail end of a pretty good movie, does anyone remember Edward Snowden?

The NSA's illegal surveillance techniques are leaked to the public by one of the agency's employees, Edward Snowden, in the form of thousands of classified documents distributed to the press.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2019 at 5:56am
Ed Asner was a guest star on Law & Order SVU, the bald neighbor from The Cosby Show is on this episode too.  I saw Brad Garrett on there yesterday.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2019 at 2:54pm
Ion TV is finally playing some different episodes of Law & Order SVU.  Carol Burnett is the guest star.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2019 at 3:08pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

Ion TV is finally playing some different episodes of Law & Order SVU.  Carol Burnett is the guest star.
ShockedI know the episode and it is one very screwed-up story and they could not have picked a better criminal.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2019 at 3:47pm
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2019 at 6:47pm
^ LOL  AB has found a new career path as long as the idiot is in office.

Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

ShockedI know the episode and it is one very screwed-up story and they could not have picked a better criminal.
I'm not sure I've ever seen her in a dramatic role.  The crazy aunt/nephew relationship.  I've always loved her.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2019 at 8:45pm

^ LOL  AB has found a new career path as long as the idiot is in office.

Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

I'm not sure I've ever seen her in a dramatic role.  The crazy aunt/nephew relationship.  I've always loved her.
That is the episode - she pushed her husband out the window...or was it her nephew she was having an affair with? She played a pretty good aged psycho socialite dying of cancer in that role (of course she dies in the end) 
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2019 at 5:00pm
I had to turn the Sling TV back on today, kicking off the motor racing season with the Rolex 24 at Daytona. Lots of rain down there...Let's just wad up a bunch of $225,000 race cars.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2019 at 6:18pm
The current season of 'The Blacklist' is on its fifth episode - I'm playing catch-up with my buddy, Raymond.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2019 at 7:45pm
Dammit! I always do this.  When I move a picture from my phone to my PC, I have to remove the USB for my cordless keyboard to plug in my phone.  I always forget to put the keyboard USB back in place.

Anyway, we broadcast TV people have a reason to celebrate! 2 new channels!

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2019 at 11:09pm
^If I take a pic with my phone, I use my phone and send the pic to myself via mail. email, that is.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2019 at 6:40pm
On one of our new channels, Crossing Jordan.  I remember that show!

Detective Woody Hoyt (Jerry O'Connell) and Dr. Cavanaugh (Jill Hennessy) think they have an open-and-shut case after a college fencing star is found dead in his dorm room from an apparent suicide. However, when the forensic tests are completed, the evidence points to murder rather than suicide and the search for the killer begins. 
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2019 at 2:36am
DisapproveWink Had a 'Field Day' of collecting and dealing with the world of those that feed off of The Dead and The Dying. That wonderful bunch of hypocrites, cowards, and lawyers that live life feeling as if they just can't lose - they "know who they are". What better movie to finish off the day?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4748495051 60>
  Share Topic