Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What are you watching right now?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4445464748 60>
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2017 at 12:56pm
Something about a huge huge explosion that happened in the middle of a forest a really long time ago. It's on Science. Turns out it was a meteorite after all. Narrated by Terry O'quinn.
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Sponsored Links

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2017 at 1:06pm
There was a big meteor over England a couple of days ago. Big fireball in the sky. I can only imagine what people back in the middle ages thought when they saw such things.

"God is so angry, he threw a flaming rock at us!!!!

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2017 at 1:13pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Sounds more like something a team of writers came up with than something that actually happened. Who takes a vibrator dildo in for repair to begin with???
I'll try to find a longer clip. The lady said it is a big machine. I'm picturing something that reciprocates. Wink
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2017 at 2:56am
Anybody seen the PBS documentary by Ron Howard about The Beatles?

It's called "The Beatles: Eight Days A Week - The Touring Years".

Really good. Covers their rise from the beginning through their last live concert at Candlestick Park in SF, 1966.

Amazing rare concert footage with remastered sound. Behind the scenes footage, etc.

Worth watching.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
NiteRaidah View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NiteRaidah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2017 at 3:34am
^ I've seen bits and pieces of it.  Looked good, but I want to see it in full so I never hung around.
I have 168 characters remaining.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2017 at 5:35am
Try to see it while it's still playing.

C'mon, man!
NiteRaidah View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NiteRaidah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 12:48am
PBS hasn't re-aired the Beatles doc (that I know of) so I killed time with The History of the Eagles over the last few days.  Really good stuff, even if it's a 'history is written by the winners' deal.
I have 168 characters remaining.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 1:54am
The Princess Bride, they celebrated their 30th anniversary this September. Pretty entertaining, totally forgot Peter Faulk was in it! I know Fred Savage was in it!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2017 at 6:03pm
What a sucky weekend for watching TV! The Packers are in Cleveland in a must win situation if they hope to make the playoffs.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2017 at 6:39pm
2 wins in overtime in a row, the starting QB is back against a tough Panther team. 7 - 7 right now.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2017 at 8:33pm
I was afraid I would not be able to find anything decent on TV today.  Ion has nothing but Christmas movies and Escape is having a Mary Higgins Clark marathon.  GRIT is showing some pretty good action/adventure movies.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2017 at 6:14pm
Flipping through the dials, I came across The Shirtless Painter: How to Paint a Yule Log.  It was kind of funny.

It was like that guy with the Afro who used to paint on TV, except the painter is this scrawny hipster who paints shirtless (today, he was wearing a Santa cap).  The yule log he was painting was fine, but because the fireplace in the painting had no chimney, the fire began lapping outside the fireplace, setting the painted stockings on fire and causing the can of paint thinner he had in his painted stocking to explode.

I see that other episodes include How to Paint a Stranded Pedophile, How to Paint Mental Illness, How to Paint the Cover of Batman Forever from Memory.

Stupid funny, funny stupid.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2017 at 6:18pm
I'll have to Google him and check on YouTube. Sounds kinda goofy.

I'm watching The Flying Nun. All In The Family is up next, then Barney Miller at 2.

After that.... crap.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2017 at 6:18pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Flipping through the dials, I came across The Shirtless Painter: How to Paint a Yule Log.  It was kind of funny.

It was like that guy with the Afro who used to paint on TV, except the painter is this scrawny hipster who paints shirtless (today, he was wearing a Santa cap).  The yule log he was painting was fine, but because the fireplace in the painting had no chimney, the fire began lapping outside the fireplace, setting the painted stockings on fire and causing the can of paint thinner he had in his painted stocking to explode.

I see that other episodes include How to Paint a Stranded Pedophile, How to Paint Mental Illness, How to Paint the Cover of Batman Forever from Memory.

Stupid funny, funny stupid.

LOL

Bob Ross.

Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2017 at 6:24pm
"Emergency!" Man I can't believe how primitive medical and emergency services were back in the 1970s! Fun to watch though!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2017 at 6:28pm

I'll have to Google him and check on YouTube. Sounds kinda goofy.

I'm watching The Flying Nun. All In The Family is up next, then Barney Miller at 2.

After that.... crap.

Similarly, I just watched an episode of My Mother, the Car.  Damn, that was one stupid show. 

Seems a lot of the old sitcoms being aired today are of their Christmas episodes.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2017 at 6:43pm

Similarly, I just watched an episode of My Mother, the Car.  Damn, that was one stupid show.

Yeah, it was considered stupid back when it was new.

I had it on for about a minute or so. JVD was talking to his "mother" about a plastic Christmas tree.

Seems a lot of the old sitcoms being aired today are of their Christmas episodes.

That's what the "retro" channels always do.

I'm surprised today's Gunsmoke isn't the Christmas episode.

Yawn.

C'mon, man!
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2017 at 7:17pm

Yeah, it was considered stupid back when it was new.

I had it on for about a minute or so. JVD was talking to his "mother" about a plastic Christmas tree.

That's what the "retro" channels always do.

I'm surprised today's Gunsmoke isn't the Christmas episode.

Yawn.

Honestly, I'd rather watch the Halloween episode much more interesting and spooky, which I suspect is what I'm seeing in the Quincy M.E. episode I'm watching called "No Way To Treat A Body"
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2017 at 2:03pm
Today's lesson from the Cleaver residence...LOL  DON'T SMOKE!!

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2017 at 9:32pm
I'm not sure what is up with ION programming, nothing but infomercials all morning long. My choices are so few, this really pisses me off!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2018 at 7:03pm
I like Blue Bloods. I don't like that freaking Donnie Wahlberg. Angry
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2018 at 7:12pm
Thumbs UpOne of my favorite movies of all time...
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2018 at 7:48pm
^oh man I'm having flashbacks of living in the 90s! Back when movies meant something and weren't rehashes of old movies filled with conveluted plots and had original ideas! Funny thing, when that BMW jumps on the hill I always thought it was a yellow taxi! Odd!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2018 at 5:14pm
Ion TV is playing a new series...CSI- Crime Scene Investigation.  Well, I know it's not new but it's new to me!  Just to get away from all of the repeats is kind of refreshing.  This place is dead so I have to find some way of entertaining myself.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2018 at 6:16pm
NCIS Los Angeles,  I've seen only a few episodes and I'm hooked. A little well placed humor and this old woman. Linda Hunt, I believe. She looks like she's 95, and she's so tiny! Very well written show.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4445464748 60>
  Share Topic