Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What are you watching right now?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3536373839 60>
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2015 at 2:52am
I've been watching some dvd's of Doctor Who from the Tom Baker years. On BBC America, I've also been catching up on the latest episodes from this season starring the wonderful Peter Capaldi as the Time Lord!
This programme never disappoints me....ever!
One man gathers what another man spills
Sponsored Links

Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2015 at 4:11am
Closest I ever got to being disappointed was probably "Journey's End" or "End of Time"

Series 9 has been fantastic, and the conclusion was lovely.

I've been listening to the Big Finish Audio plays in my time walking about and working out. Tom Baker has done a series of them at long last, and they're truly amazing. Stories good enough to be part of the Douglas Adams era. It's making me miss K-9, though. I think Capaldi has the acerbic "kindly deprecating" wit to make the tin dog a good companion to him.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2015 at 6:56pm
I saw this a little earlier today.
The agent had some sort of tracking device planted inside his body, which he removed and gave to the wolf.
 PaW prolly gets a little heartburn after seeing a human whoop a wolf.
Even worse when he sees a guided missle coming in for the final countdown.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2015 at 8:03pm
Again, something I saw earlier today.
I may have seen bits and pieces of this movie in the past but I never sat down and watched the whole thing.
What a cast!

Clint Eastwood, Tommy Lee Jones, James Garner, Donald Sutherland.
And a cool story, Tank Sullivan (played by James Garner) was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and kicked off the mission.
Frank, the mission commander (Eastwood) said he would not go without 'Tank'.
So 'Tank' takes the suicide mission of riding the Russian ship, loaded with nuclear weapons, to the moon.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2015 at 8:41pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

I saw this a little earlier today.
The agent had some sort of tracking device planted inside his body, which he removed and gave to the wolf.
PaW prolly gets a little heartburn after seeing a human whoop a wolf.
Even worse when he sees a guided missle coming in for the final countdown.

I'm disappointed.

I wanted to see parts flying.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2015 at 8:54pm
^LOL

If you want to see flying body parts, go back to that video from Syria.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2015 at 7:30pm
Two-hour documentary on "The World Channel" (PBS) about Muscle Shoals music studios.  The show is part of their "Independent Lens" series.  Looks like it's gonna be interesting.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2015 at 7:47pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Two-hour documentary on "The World Channel" (PBS) about Muscle Shoals music studios.  The show is part of their "Independent Lens" series.  Looks like it's gonna be interesting.

I just finished reading "One Way Out - The Inside History of the Allman Brothers Band" in which the early days of Duane Allman's session work at Muscle Shoals with the likes of Wilson Pickett and Percy Sledge are chronicled. It was on the suggestion of Duane that Pickett decided to record The Beatles' Hey Jude.

It was also his guitar work in that song that caught the ear of Eric Clapton and inspired him to invite Duane to play on Layla and then the rest of the Derek and the Dominos album.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2015 at 8:06pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

I just finished reading "One Way Out - The Inside History of the Allman Bothers Band in which the early days of Duane Allman's session work at Muscle Shoals with the likes of Wilson Pickett and Percy Sledge are chronicled. It was on the suggestion of Duane that Pickett decided to record The Beatles' Hey Jude.

It was also his guitar work in that song that caught the ear of Eric Clapton and inspired him to invite Duane to play on Layla and then the rest of the Derek and the Dominos album.

They Always bothered me too, I'm kidding , dammit!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2015 at 8:27pm
Damned auto correct!!!!

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2015 at 10:14pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

I just finished reading "One Way Out - The Inside History of the Allman Brothers Band" in which the early days of Duane Allman's session work at Muscle Shoals with the likes of Wilson Pickett and Percy Sledge are chronicled. It was on the suggestion of Duane that Pickett decided to record The Beatles' Hey Jude.

Yup.  That was all talked about in the show.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2015 at 7:07pm
From a little earlier today, poor Puffy. LOL

My dog has been going to the garage door just so she can bark at the shore bound, icehole fishermen. Angry

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2015 at 7:14pm
Oh, oh, oh!!
That movie was on the USA network.
PaW!! There IS going to be a new season of Mr. Robot.
I'm so excited my tongue is hard.
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2015 at 6:25am

Been watching a lot of the "Live at the Apollo" on BBC. It's great to watch because I've seen most of these comedians on panel shows and game shows, so it's great to see them in their arena.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2015 at 6:12pm
MR. ROBOT
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2015 at 6:52pm
^^^What he said...
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2015 at 7:53pm
I'm catching details I missed the first time around.
I don't think I even saw the last 2 episodes.
 Mr. Robot, "I am your father"
i8acannibal View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2016 at 10:51am
Been watching The Walking Dead marathon on AMC. Even though I've seen them all a few times, I still can't help myself. Although, I can skip the sad episodes, sometimes I don't. Shame on me.. Still enjoying it nonetheless. I'm on season 5, episode 12 right now. They're going to play the first season of Fear The Walking Dead later, but I don't know if I'll watch it. All I do know is that neither of us can wait until Valentines day. That's when season 6 of The Walking Dead returns. Kind of ironic, don't you think? Smile
Say something clever here...

No, I'm too lazy. Imagine it yourself.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2016 at 11:02am

Might be ironic...until you consider the St. Valentine's Day Massacre.

I could use a fix right about now, but I'm gonna try to hold off till the start of the second half of the season.

6 more weeks!

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2016 at 11:27am
LOL This is what I'm going to stick on my wifes Facebook page on Valentines day.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2016 at 11:41am
LOL
There's a million TWD memes out there, and quite a few have to do with flowers.

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2016 at 11:52am
LOL That one's kind of creepy... It looks like a badly morphed Carol who sells "Edible Arraignments". Maybe the hair is too dark. Or maybe it's something else....

Oh hell. I'd let her be my florist... Wink I'm sure that the wife would be happy too..

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2016 at 12:03pm
Either she was quite a bit younger, or they did a bit of Photoshopping.

My bro has the hots for her.  Can't say I blame him.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2016 at 12:49pm

Might be ironic...until you consider the St. Valentine's Day Massacre.

I could use a fix right about now, but I'm gonna try to hold off till the start of the second half of the season.

6 more weeks!

Wouldn't surprise me if they did that.

Final episode he wakes up, everyone he knows is around him. Those he didn't know prior to getting shot are all hospital staff that have been attending him while he was out.

After the hospital discharges him, he goes home and....

Everything he dreamed in the coma begins to really happen!!!

Or does it.....?

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2016 at 2:19pm
^  Something like that could've actually worked...especially during the periods when Rick was losing his mind (like when he was answering imaginary phone calls and when he was seeing visions of his dead wife).

My own idea for the show is to have an occasional zombie display signs of higher cognitive thinking.  Nothing major---but to end a season with the sight of, let's say, some walker picking up a rock to throw at a passing car, would be kinda cool.  The plague has already morphed a bit, so why not make it such that when some dead people "turn", they do so to a slightly greater extent than the rest?  That would be a hell of an ominous ending for a season.  It'd also bring us back to the idea that zombies are still the main threat.  And hell, something's gotta evolve in this show before it becomes tedious and too predictable.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3536373839 60>
  Share Topic