Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

*I SKATE!*

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70s80s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: *I SKATE!*
    Posted: 05 Sep 2011 at 3:42pm
Thought this was worth sharing with you guys.  Music from the way Sesame Street used to be is some of my favorite music to skate to!

"Cottage cheese is not a 'feminine product'!"
Sponsored Links

Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2011 at 3:55pm
Bravo!!

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2011 at 4:24pm
Being a few years too late for me, Sesame Street had absolutely no meaning in my life. 

This is the sort of music I'd like to hear if I skated.

Big Momma View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
I donated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Momma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2011 at 5:58pm
Big Momma View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
I donated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Momma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2011 at 5:59pm
Thor honey, I would pay money to see that!!!!!LOL
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2011 at 7:19pm
What?  Me skate?  It's been about 40 years since I did that.

Big Momma, you'd be surprised the things I can still do with my old body.  I can assume full lotus position without even using my hands to force my limbs into place, and remain like that indefinitely.  I can also turn my feet almost entirely backwards and walk forward like that.  And, if it wasn't for my gut, I'd probably still be able to get both legs behind my neck.  When I was younger, I'd do that, push my arms through the middle, and walk on my hands.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2011 at 7:38pm
Daaaaaamn! *I'm* impressed! Being Irish and, by heritage, it is my God-given duty is usually to keep the earth from flying aimlessly off into space, so I'm naturally very good at being face-first, spread-eagle on the ground.
I'm o.k. walking - most of the time.
MissyDWolf tried to make me skate one time, when we were pups...I got really close to legally changing my name to 'Eunich', but even closer to almost killing myself.
Skating scares me.

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Big Momma View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
I donated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Momma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2011 at 8:47pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

What?  Me skate?  It's been about 40 years since I did that.

Big Momma, you'd be surprised the things I can still do with my old body.  I can assume full lotus position without even using my hands to force my limbs into place, and remain like that indefinitely.  I can also turn my feet almost entirely backwards and walk forward like that.  And, if it wasn't for my gut, I'd probably still be able to get both legs behind my neck.  When I was younger, I'd do that, push my arms through the middle, and walk on my hands.

My Brother would assume the lotus and I would roll him down the hall like that! I was quite bendy myself before my spine was fused.
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2011 at 10:24pm
That was you?Clap  I never tried ice skating nor inline skating.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2011 at 10:27pm
Originally posted by Tiz Tiz wrote:

That was you?Clap  I never tried ice skating nor inline skating.
ShockedDon't do it! One slip an'ya can end up neutered!!! 'BAD STUFF', Bobo!
Go ahead...ask me how I could say that - believe it or don't, I got a story that will 'clear the air' on that statement...only if you REALLY wanna read it...
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2011 at 2:37pm

WOW! Very impressive - and inspiring! I'm 49 and have it in the back of my mind to take ice skating lessons. Just once in my life I want to do that (for lack of a better phrase) "Spinning leg up" thing-y.

Thanks for sharing! What an accomplshment!
The artist formerly known as Madawee

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic