Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pucker Vodka........(videoS)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pucker Vodka........(videoS)
    Posted: 04 Sep 2011 at 11:58pm
I don't so much mind the commercials...it is the background Euro-electronica "music from elsewhere" (and I have NO idea from where, other than...well, maybe...uh, somewhere in Europe?) that drives me nuts.
No - it doesn't bug me that they've gone and flavored (wasted some possibly) good vodka.
It doesn't bother me that it appears they have reused shampoo bottles in which to sell their vodka; it is all about the background music for both of the below commercials that have contributed to a few nightmares(Cry) - it creeps into my dreams and messes with me repeatedly...and I do not know why.

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Sponsored Links

XOXO View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XOXO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2011 at 4:54pm
Uhh so that ISN'T shampoo? .....Sh!t...
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2011 at 5:06pm
Seems geared to the underage set.  What's next---bubblegum vodka?

XOXO View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XOXO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2011 at 5:12pm
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2011 at 5:14pm
XOXO View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XOXO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2011 at 5:17pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Originally posted by XOXO XOXO wrote:

http://www.ihatesomuch.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/Picture-1.png

Oh, Lord.  ShockedLOL

LOLLOLLOLLOL
Jimmy View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2011 at 6:22pm
Pa, the "music?" used in this ad is what is being shoved down the throats of every twenty something in this country. "Club-music" it's called and it's awful.
I also hate the drug pushing that's allowed by alcohol companies to entice the underaged to try and procure their product. Alcohol IS a drug, and the focus group in these ads are for the youth.
I hate it, it's disgusting, and it should be illegal.
One man gathers what another man spills
Jimmy View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2011 at 6:29pm
Also, vodka is tasteless and scentless, the reason for flavouring this shyte is probably because it's so poorly stilled that it probably tastes like battery acid when in it's natural  un-flavoured state.

To me, flavoured vodka has about the same appeal as flavoured crack!

Avoid this piss completely!
One man gathers what another man spills
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2011 at 7:24pm
Thanks, Chef...I agree with you on all points (except, on occasion, I do indeed enjoy a well-made extra-dry vodka martini - but it has to be exceptional 'potato juice' there, doncha know!).
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2011 at 7:37pm
Tanqueray gin for my martini's.  Very dry.  Olives.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2011 at 7:47pm
Originally posted by Hootman Hootman wrote:

Tanqueray gin for my martini's.  Very dry.  Olives.
ConfusedI love gin - not allowed anywhere near it - it makes me MUCH crazier than I already am.
    It has to have been almost 10 years since I last touched it. 
    Tanqueray sits third to Bombay Sapphire (without question, my favorite), and Seagram's Gin (I was born with a bottle of it in my mouth).
    I once got mad and took out a steel door with a fireman's axe, while plowed on gin about 30 years ago...didn't get in trouble, at all - just scared myself (and a few others).
I've never forgotten the incident...nope - don't touch the stuff.   

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic