Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Brita: woman with water from the mall

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Brita: woman with water from the mall
    Posted: 05 Jun 2012 at 9:36pm
I find it stupid that he just blindly drinks water from some stranger out of a bottle....Dead  It could have been poisoned water for all he knew!
My name is Donathan, pronounced the same way you pronounce Jonathan, except with a D.😀 Hitting on a Lesbian who speaks to you and about you like trash means you're REALLY desperate! 😀

Sponsored Links

DKS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2012 at 9:36pm
Do people still say Yoohoo? I mean my grandmother does, but she's 93 years old too. Do non-elderly people actually still say that outside of TV?
"I see the sadness in their eyes
Melancholy in their cries
Devoid of all the passion
The human spirit cannot die"
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2012 at 9:18pm
Originally posted by Snesgamer Snesgamer wrote:

I keep waiting for a version where the Eskimo just grabs her and drowns her in the water.

LOL
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2012 at 8:05pm
I keep waiting for a version where the Eskimo just grabs her and drowns her in the water.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2012 at 5:11pm
Here 'tis.  I think it's kinda funny.  Mall Woman cracks me up.

blueskies View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blueskies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2012 at 4:54pm
It seems like this commercial runs about 20 times an hour on MSNBC!  I am happy that this actress is making a fortune in national commercial residuals...BUT i really hate the commercial and her "Yoo hoo!" 
musicman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Formerly 0000

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2011 at 12:40am
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Originally posted by musicman musicman wrote:

Not to change the subject, but I could never GET Yoo-Hoo. 
It's not chocolate milk, it's chocolate water. Dead

That's what I always called it---chocolate water.  I, however, like it.  Haven't had any in about ten years, though.

TongueIf it is good enough for Yogi Berra (HOF Yankees catcher), it is good enough for me.
All the same...I think YooHoo folks paid him to lie - they always said it was made with 99% fat-free milk (I believe they forgot the milk).

I think the secret ingredient is a touch of white-out.  Thanks, Mike Nesmith's mom.  Clap

msmith View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2011 at 4:14pm

Her family left her on an ice floe for the polar bears.  They went to Disney to celebrate getting rid of her annoying voice.

Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2011 at 9:52pm

I've been annoyed by it, but too lazy to pen it. 
So, what, she just walked over from Mall of America to an Alaskan Eskimo in Alaska?

Good thing he didn't drag invite her to his igloo.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2011 at 10:00pm
Wikipedia lists all the flavors Yoo Hoo has come in.  Most are discontinued, including Coconut (Mmmmmm...) and Licorice Merlot (not so Mmmmmm...).

Some other d/c'd flavors that sound good:

Chocolate-orange
Chocolate-mint
Chocolate-apricot

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2011 at 9:43pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

That's what I always called it---chocolate water.  I, however, like it.  Haven't had any in about ten years, though.

TongueIf it is good enough for Yogi Berra (HOF Yankees catcher), it is good enough for me.
All the same...I think YooHoo folks paid him to lie - they always said it was made with 99% fat-free milk (I believe they forgot the milk).
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2011 at 2:15pm

musicman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Formerly 0000

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2011 at 8:29am
Originally posted by MrTim MrTim wrote:

I bet what the Eskimo is thinking during all this is "Hey, that's not a bottle of Yoo-Hoo!", and the reason he's smiling is because "at least this doesn't taste like polar bear piss...."

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2011 at 8:06am

So, what, she just walked over from Mall of America to an Alaskan Eskimo in Alaska?
Or maybe the Anchorage mall?
ConfusedNo no no, MM00! NO self-respecting MallMom would say "YooHoo!"
I just don't know WHO tossed her out onto the frozen tundra and took off...maybe Alaska is like Nebraska (you know - where parents got in the habit playing 'dump & run' with their children), or like the woods (where idiots take their unwanted pets and ditch them); maybe, in Alaska, you can walk the wife 20 feet from the car and then suddenly remember 'you forgot something in the front seat' and bolt, while she goes to meet the natives.
If MissyDWolf ever says "YooHoo!" and prances off, it will happen in Alaska, during our only trip there. 

Agreed about the weirdness of this commercial; it simply had to come from 'The Twilight Zone'.

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
musicman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Formerly 0000

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2011 at 7:42am
Or maybe the Anchorage mall?

HatyMcHater View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HatyMcHater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2011 at 3:30am
No one is bugged by the way she says "fow-nun" instead of "fountain"?
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2011 at 4:10am
I bet what the Eskimo is thinking during all this is "Hey, that's not a bottle of Yoo-Hoo!", and the reason he's smiling is because "at least this doesn't taste like polar bear piss...."
aleen View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aleen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2011 at 9:36pm
I simply don't get this commercial.  And the woman annoys me too!
"Did somebody say 'muffins?'" Hazel from the Magic Bullet infomercial
bwestfall View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwestfall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2011 at 9:33pm
I can't believe it took this long to get around to this commercial.  It is really dumb; poor Eskimo just looks at her like she's an alien.
A new study finds that people who are chipper & happy live longer. Which is surprising because people who aren't chipper & happy want to kill people who are always chipper & happy. David Letterman
ProudHeart86 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudHeart86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2011 at 8:32pm
Ugh that lady bugs the crap out of me as well.  Leave the poor Eskimo alone, woman!
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2011 at 7:37pm
I have no video but let me describe it.

We have a scene in the arctic where an Eskimo is drinking water from his hands that are dipped into the water. Then out of no where a lady with a bottle comes in saying "Yoo Hoo". She then exclaims that the water in the bottle is from a drinking fountain in the mall. The Eskimo takes a drink and smiles. Then the announcer goes on to say water from anywhere can be pure. The bottle has a filter inside that cleans out the impurities.

What bugs me about this commercial is the way the lady talks, it's way too sweet,it bugs the sh*t out of me.
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic