Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Commercial Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hello "Jake" from "State Farm"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hello "Jake" from "State Farm"
    Posted: 18 Aug 2011 at 6:55pm
It's an insurance commercial that I actually *like*: The one where the wife catches her husband on the phone around 3am. He's mumbling, "Yeah I'm married......does that matter?" Wife grabs the phone, demanding to know what's going on.

The husband barely reacts. "It's Jake. From State Farm." Wife asks the person on the other end, "So what are you wearing, 'Jake' from 'State Farm?'"

"Uhhh........khakis.........." Jake replies.

"She sounds hideous," wife says to husband, who replies, "Well yeah.......'cause she's a guy." LOL

Maybe I like this b/c for once, the wife looks silly. Although I would still wonder why the husband just HAD to call at 3am or so......still good for a chuckle.
Sponsored Links

Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2011 at 9:52pm
He was checking on her life insurance policy...
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2013 at 1:34am

WinkThis one is making a huge comeback, and, indeed - I don't mind it. Good commercial.

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
MontanaTrav View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MontanaTrav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2013 at 3:06am
Typical woman.  Always assume the guy is up to no good and then be a completely uppity C.U.Next.Tuesday about it.
redsoxownu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redsoxownu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2013 at 3:46am
Can't understand normal thinking
renatae View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote renatae Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2013 at 11:03pm
I enjoy this commercial. I think the husband, wife, and even Jake from State Farm are hilarious in it. Both my husband and I will stop what we're doing to watch it.

I think the "wife's" lisping  "Thee thounds hideouth," is hilarious. No offense to those who lisp; I think it makes her sound cute.
Stop the Insanity!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2013 at 4:26pm
This commercial may be old, but it just doesn't seem to 'get old'. I like this one.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
bwestfall View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwestfall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2013 at 12:09am
I don't like the woman's snarky voice and attitude, but I have thought all along that I think most of us don't call our insurance company at 3am so I will give her that.
A new study finds that people who are chipper & happy live longer. Which is surprising because people who aren't chipper & happy want to kill people who are always chipper & happy. David Letterman
SDChargersfan View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SDChargersfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2013 at 1:09am
This is one of the few commercials that I enjoy...well kind of.   :)
Oh no....not this commercial...time to switch channels.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic