Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 'Oikos' Dannon Yogurt 'Best in the World' (video)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

'Oikos' Dannon Yogurt 'Best in the World' (video)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
jon1 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jon1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 'Oikos' Dannon Yogurt 'Best in the World' (video)
    Posted: 18 Aug 2011 at 6:21am
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

I *also* got a shock; a few other brands had 'Oikos' yogurts...made me immediately suspicious of a 'new fad' (and then, yea - even Jaime Lee Curtis pops up in Greece, in her new Dannon Activia commercial). 

It absolutely IS a fad - everyone's coming out with their own "Greek" yogurts now. Lately the food fads seem to have been fruit-related - acai, pomegranate...but now I guess we've got a dairy fad phase ahead? ;-)
Sponsored Links

Dear View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2011 at 10:00am
Fage and Chobani are the best, in my opinion. I eat Fage when I want that rich texture and yogurt tang. I eat Chobani when I want something sugary with a lot of solid pieces of fruit in it. Chobani's too expensive for my pocketbook, though, so it's an occasional treat. :) I don't like Oikos, the fruit is good but the yogurt is watery and upsets my stomach because it's not strained enough. If anyone has lactose intolerance, I wouldn't recommend Oikos.

As for the commercial, girl has a serious case of the gimme gimme's.
Please, stop saying "Awesome" in commercials! Your actors are not awe-inspiring and neither is your product.
ambrosia View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ambrosia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2011 at 8:04pm
I'm a Chobani girl...but when John Stamos is pushing something, I'm putty.
KellyLynn View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KellyLynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2011 at 8:02pm
Actually, the reason two different yogurts can have the same name are because they're owned by the same company. Danone owns Stonyfield farms, which has an organic Greek yogurt called Oikos. The company decided its non-organic Greek yogurt could benefit from having the same name, and decided to change its existing Greek yogurt to Oikos. It's still the same yogurt, with a different name. 

Just sayin'.
Yutolia View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yutolia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2011 at 4:36pm
I've been eating Greek Goddess Yogurt for several years now. It's amazing how long it takes these companies to catch on.

Originally posted by Christine Christine wrote:

Oikos is probably Dannon all plumped up with chemical thickeners or something.

Well, that's exactly the way Dannon's dealt with every other product they've made. Wouldn't surprise me in the least!

"Xbox Live is an online homophobia club for pre-teen Tourette’s sufferers." - Brockway, Cracked.com
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2011 at 4:10pm
Originally posted by Christine Christine wrote:

...Oikos is probably Dannon all plumped up with chemical thickeners or something.
Various brands are pushing OIKOS yogurts, now - that is why I mentioned that it looks like a fad.
For example, Stoneybrook Farm markets OIKOS yogurt - it costs twice as much and appears to be a smaller portion.
OIKOS (Greek) is basically 'Family' or 'Home', or 'Homestyle'.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Synesthesia View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2011 at 3:55am
I like putting cherries in my Yogurt. I got some Chobani. Whole Paycheck had some lovely greek yogurt that already had cherries in it. Good stuff. A bit thick though.
Is this love big enough to watch over me?
Big enough to let go of me
Without hurting me,
Like the day I learned to swim?-Kate Bush The Fog
Christine View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2011 at 2:29am
Fage is amazing. Makes me LIKE yogurt, but it does need something mixed in. Amazing how few calories and how much protein/calcium they can cram in there.

Never understood why people would choose Chobani over Fage, until an orthodox jewish co-worker pointed out that it's kosher.

Oikos is probably Dannon all plumped up with chemical thickeners or something.
Serval87 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Serval87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2011 at 2:23am
Fage is better!
Darkness follows as the siren sings.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2011 at 1:47am
CoolI gots no class...nope, nope, nope.
I don't like people expecting a gift donation at the door if'n I'm showing up; don't like those kind of parties. I just as soon hand 'em a snake, if I got to hand anything over.
No, we are not real big on bringing 'the best in the world' to parties. In fact, I can't remember when I've been greeted at a door with a hand stretched out accompanied by the "Whadja bring me, Big Boy?!"-look. Maybe an 18-pak of Molson's Ice, which should get me a "Why, THANK YOU! The Best in the World!".
That would probably occur as I handed over my coat & hat to the 'door lady' (some may call her 'the Hostess') and inform her, "..why, yes indeed they ARE 'The Best in the World' and they're all for me 'cause yer husband's a Corona(Dead)-drinking wimp; getcher paws off!"
~~~
OIKOS
~~~
A new ploy to help Greece climb out of the financial free-fall they've been ensnarled in for so long, now?
Never even heard of the word before seeing the Dannon commercial, but we like yogurt, so I went and bought some. Blueberry (just like in the commercial) and Key Lime Pie. The serving sizes are appropriate for $1.29; the product is really tasty. Good stuff...may even add it to the 'Recommended' forum.
I *also* got a shock; a few other brands had 'Oikos' yogurts...made me immediately suspicious of a 'new fad' (and then, yea - even Jaime Lee Curtis pops up in Greece, in her new Dannon Activia commercial). Now, 3 minutes of simple research showed me how very sheltered I must have been raised - OIKOS is a real word - ancient Greek - and can be interpreted a few ways, depending upon use, and during .
So...go getcha some 'Family', or 'House' Yogurt - think of 'the fad'. Think of Greece.
PigSeems 'OINKOS" might be more fitting of a name - and I could've sworn that is what I heard the first time I saw the commercial. And then there is that guy's nose via side profile - looks like a pig snout. Kinda thing that gives ya nightmares, possibly leading toward "OINKOPHBIA". Aaaaand...all of this over what MAY be 'The Best Thing in the World'! Of course we'll all have to wait for the second commercial - if she's preggos from much 'oinking', then we might see if it is still the 'Best Thing in the World'; maybe we can ask her how many boinks before she 'oinked'?

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic