Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television Related Rants
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Karaoke battle USA

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CNick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Karaoke battle USA
    Posted: 12 Aug 2011 at 9:08pm
Ok here we go again with another singing contest. America is obsessed with this garbage, everything is a singing competition, how much do you want to bet that one of these people gets a recording contract and becomes a star? The qualifications for a star aren't very high these days so that concept isn't far fetched.
Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2011 at 9:37pm
Karaoke should just be for fun.  Turning it into some kind of competition changes the nature of it (and would certainly rule me out  LOL).  I somehow doubt it'll be about who's having the most fun on stage.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2011 at 9:52pm
ClownI cannot find a 'Ghost Busters'-style "NO KARAOKE ALLOWED" sign!!!

KARAOKE is bad for your health.
    I don't like it! Nope, nope, nope! Not one bit!

KARAOKE - "DON'T DO THAT!!!" (think of 'Men In Black' - Bug in 'Edgar Suit', at the morgue)

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
CNick View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CNick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2011 at 10:14pm
Are we so devoid of great entertainers these days that we have to come up with these shows?
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2011 at 10:46pm
Just what we need, regular people singing badly.

Excuse me while I puke!Sick
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2011 at 12:56am
Originally posted by CNick CNick wrote:

Are we so devoid of great entertainers these days that we have to come up with these shows?

We certainly haven't gotten any from American Idol.

CNick View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CNick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2011 at 3:06am
What happened to the days when stars were made through hard work, young guys getting together in a garage or house and honing their skills, playing instruments, developing chemistry and writing songs. That's how lasting music is developed, these cookie cutter programs show how low the standards have fallen. A winner of a game show can become a star, when back in the days when we had real talent these people wouldn't even be taken seriously.
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2011 at 3:24am
It would be neat if there was an organized effort to vote the absolute. worst. performer. ever. through to win one of these "talent" shows.  But my suspicion is that they're all rigged anyways....
70s80s View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70s80s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2011 at 5:43pm
When I hear the "new" female singers, I think, "Close your legs, woman!"

"Cottage cheese is not a 'feminine product'!"
insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2011 at 6:09pm
I can already see what's on the horizon for the next singing competition show:   Auto-Tune America

Just the thought of the possibility of this concept makes me sick.

CNick View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CNick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2011 at 8:33pm
Notice how all musical competitions have to do with singing. It's never a competition of the best piano, guitar or trumpet player. I think it's because singing is something everybody feels they can do whereas playing an instrument would narrow the pool down considerably.
Why does everything have to be a competition?
MrCleveland View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrCleveland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2011 at 10:31pm
I don't watch Prime-Time Broadcast TV

I don't watch Karaoke Battle USA

But If there's an audition...I'm gonna audition for fun! (I can really sing songs that are falsetto or Crooning Songs like Sinatra).
Thank God for kids who love Obscure Things.

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2011 at 10:34pm
Originally posted by MrTim MrTim wrote:

It would be neat if there was an organized effort to vote the absolute. worst. performer. ever. through to win one of these "talent" shows.  But my suspicion is that they're all rigged anyways....

yes yes yes!

I wish I could do that! That would be awesome and funny, can we also shoo them offstage with a sound from a gong ala The Gong Show that would be priceless!LOL
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2011 at 10:40pm
Originally posted by CNick CNick wrote:

Why does everything have to be a competition?

On top of that, it's a popularity competition more than a talent competition.  The viewers vote on who they like the best.  And it seems the judges rule based upon who they think other people will like the best.

MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2011 at 11:04pm
It's not really karaoke because they're not sh*t-faced drunk....  LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic