Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pet Pictures Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3435363738>
Author
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2015 at 7:33pm
^^ True LOL  He did have that "Ahhh sh*t" look on his face when I spotted him.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin

Sponsored Links

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2015 at 1:19am
pet
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Darthhillbilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2015 at 1:43am
^ You know a local "chef" comes by to empty that can.
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2015 at 6:36pm
My camera has trouble sucking in light when I take photos here in the living room.
We can see just fine, call it abstract from the dark side of lkl.

Here we have one of the Doves, misplaced by the more dominate Robin, who took over the nest.

The new mom sitting on her eggs, she is really aggresive with us, mouthing off if we decide to enjoy the patio.
For those who remember, that is the nest on the outdoor speaker.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2015 at 8:23pm

Robins are bullies.  Blue Jays, too.  LOL

I had a few doves hanging out in my trees for awhile.  I was always hearing that whistling sound their wings make as they fly from tree to tree.  Not sure what happened to them.  Gentle birds.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2015 at 8:27pm

Last I'd seen Mal, he was out front.  Figured it'd be a good time to dig into my rotisserie chicken without having him demanding some.  No such luck.  No sooner did I open the container than he came running in through the cat door into the kitchen, hopping onto the counter where I had the chicken.  I have no idea how he knew.  The kitchen's in the back of the house and all the windows are closed.

He loves rotisserie chicken.

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2015 at 8:38pm
LOL

Serves you right for trying to hold out.

We have all kinds of birds now. A couple of doves, cardinals, blue jays, some black thing with red and white hash marks on his wings like the fenders of an 80's Corvette (named him Hemi because we're Chrysler owners). The yellow finches are a no-show so far this year though. A variety of woodpeckers, including a pileated that makes a rare appearance. I hear him more often than I see him, but I got decent video of him tearing grubs out of a stump a few years ago. We put out shelled peanuts for the blue jays and squirrels, and a titmouse came and took one the other day. It was almost as big as him, and he kept dropping lower and lower as he flew away and had to settle for eating it on the ground. 
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2015 at 8:51pm

I like having all the birds around, but I don't need the cats bringing in fledgelings.  Then I have to deal with them.  Usually, they're unharmed, so I have to bring them to a bird sanctuary 12 miles away.  The bird sanctuary takes care of them till they're ready nto fly, and then brings them back to their respective points of origin and releases them.

I get a lot of hummingbirds, too.  The cats have never gotten any of those.  I did have one in my house once.  I caught him and released him.  Contrary to urban legend, they don't drop dead of heart attacks if you do this.

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2015 at 9:01pm
I've never caught a hummingbird, but I've had them buzz close by my head. Sound like little military choppers.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2015 at 3:38pm

^  Sometimes they hover in front of your face and look at you for a few seconds.

I also like dragonflies.  I've had the cats bring 'em in unharmed, and then I have to deal with them.  If it's at night or early in the AM, I have to keep them contained, and then expose them to warmth and sunlight so that their wings can become "powered" and they can resume normal activities.  I've had them sit in my hand until they were able to fly off.

Angry McPisseron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2015 at 3:56pm
^^^ Dragonflies are among the coolest insects around!!! Big smile

One of our kitties brought the following dragonfly in the house approx. 5 years ago; 
the photograph shows it perched on a milk can outside just after I released it:

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2015 at 4:11pm

Yep.  For some reason, when I was a kid, I thought they stung.  They don't.  I understand they'll bite if need be, but they've never bitten me.

It's a wonder a cat can capture a dragonfly and not harm it.  

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2015 at 6:49pm
We get a lot of Goldfinches, Sparrows, Red Winged Black Birds.
I've seen this one bird about the size of a finch, really pretty black and white stripes though.
I think it might be Warbler.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2015 at 4:44pm
What's up, Doc?

insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2015 at 10:42pm
I guess this is comfortable LOL  He's practically trying to do the splits, and he's lying on top of his entire right hind leg except for the paw which is protruding from behind his head:

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin

Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2015 at 12:31am
My little cat Emma passed away in her sleep last night.
Buried her this morning.Cry I do miss her.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2015 at 1:27am
Originally posted by Tiz Tiz wrote:

Damn, Tiz I am truly sorry to hear that!!!

You have my deepest condolences.

At least she went peacefully.

How old was she?

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2015 at 1:29am
Originally posted by insanity213 insanity213 wrote:

I guess this is comfortable LOL  He's practically trying to do the splits, and he's lying on top of his entire right hind leg except for the paw which is protruding from behind his head:

Cats are definitely contortionists.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2015 at 1:38am

Damn, thats terrible!

I just can't take it when that happens too overwhelming! Wouldn't wish it on my own worst enemy!

One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2015 at 1:59am
Tiz has been telling us about his sweet little Emma for as long as I can remember.

Makes me feel almost like I lost her too.

So sad that these innocent, gentle little creatures always have to leave too soon.

C'mon, man!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2015 at 2:06am

DisapproveSo sorry to read this, Tizzer.
I still recall your excitement when you first brought Emma home.
At least you can be thankful for the good memories - she was a part of your life, a gift.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Angry McPisseron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2015 at 4:29am

Cry Cry Cry

We lost Pickles on 02-23-13; he had to be euthanised (put to sleep) because he was diagnosed with feline HIV. Cry

This was Pickles.

Here's something that may help you get through this Tiz:

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable. 

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster. 

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart. 

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together.... 

Author unknown...

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2015 at 8:56am

I'm so sorry to hear this, Tiz.   You're always gonna miss her.   I still miss my Killer, and it's been years.

I'm glad she went in her sleep, though.   Was she sick?

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2015 at 9:32am
I'm very sorry, Tiz.
Pets are part of the family around here.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2015 at 11:38am

My condolences, Tiz. Truly sucks to lose a furkid.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3435363738>
  Share Topic