Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pet Pictures Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 35363738>
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2015 at 11:19pm
Thanks all.
To answer a couple questions.
How old was she? I adopted her in '08 and she was 2 yrs. old then.
Was she sick?  Whatever it was, happened quick. 3 days ago she was the same as usual. Then she stopped moving around or purring. By looking at her, it looked like something was shutting down.
Was gonna go to the doctor next morning but she didn't make it.

Greeted me at the door every day when I came home.Big smile 

Thank you for your offer, Angry.
Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2015 at 1:40am

Too young, Tiz.

Here's you writing about her here back when you were just adopting her:

http://commercialsihate.com/how-will-you-be-celebrating-the-fourth_topic1239_post16659.html?KW=emma#16659

CapeCat View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CapeCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2015 at 4:10pm
Originally posted by Tiz Tiz wrote:

My little cat Emma passed away in her sleep last night.
Buried her this morning.Cry I do miss her.
Dear Tiz:  So very sorry to learn of your loss of little Emma.  I hope that you can find some comfort knowing that you did a wonderful thing in adopting her, giving her a great home, and keeping her safe and happy throughout her life.  Love is eternal, she lives on forever in your heart, and she will be there to greet you at the gates of Heaven.  
CapeCat
Angry McPisseron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2015 at 3:45pm
Tiz,

Here is the memorial that I published on my website this morning:

MEMORIAL FOR TIZ'S
CAT EMMA

Last updated 10-22-15 

This kitty cat does not emit light of its own (she was a cat for Christ sakes!!!), so the standard review format will not be used and the kitty will not be assigned a rating. This page will contain mainly just four photographs and some text (as of 10-22-15). 

This cute little bundle of joy, Emma was owned by Tiz on the Commercials I Hate BBS.

Tiz loved the living tweedle out of his little fuzzbomb!!! 

I say "was" and "loved" here because she passed over the Rainbow Bridge on 10-08-15.  

Tiz said (and I quote): 

(From 10-09-15)

My little cat Emma passed away in her sleep last night. 

Buried her this morning.  I do miss her. 

This was Emma on the floor, catching a sunbeam.

Just this side of Heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge... 

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food and water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable. All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. 

The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing: they miss someone very special to them; who had to be left behind. 

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. The bright eyes are intent; the eager body quivers. Suddenly she begins to break away from the group, flying over the green grass, her legs carrying her faster and faster. YOU have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart. 

THEN YOU CROSS RAINBOW BRIDGE TOGETHER... 

This page is a frame from a website.
If you arrived on this page through an outside link,you can get the "full meal deal" by clicking here.

Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2015 at 9:57pm
These are CapeCat's 2 kittys - she had picture posting issues over the weekend.
   Denny

Leo

Both
Big smile
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2015 at 10:09pm

Love the pics of Emma, Denny and Leo.   Cats are all about the comfort, aren't they?

CapeCat View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapeCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2015 at 12:35am
Yes indeed!  Denny Crane and Leo are very conscientious  about being comfortable at all possible times.  They're Maine Coon half brothers (same father, so they are indeed Brothers from Another Mother).  Really nice, people-oriented kitties.  In the pictures, Denny is lying by the fridge, with full faith that it will open and ham will appear.  Leo is exhausted from running up and down the stairs, and doing his best impression of "don't bother me right now".  (That doesn't last long!) 
      I have to say, though, sometimes it's like living with a couple of monkeys in the house - if they had thumbs, I think they'd be getting into a whole lot more mischief.  They are a blessing to come home to and always happy to see us.  
CapeCat
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2015 at 12:49am

Your Leo pic reminds me of one I posted of my Mickey earlier in this thread.   Same thing---bared belly, paw covering his eyes.   Total comfort despite the fact that he's almost at the edge of the coffee table.

CapeCat View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapeCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2015 at 2:47am
Mickey is not only sound asleep -  and he's a very handsome kitty to boot -  I'm sure he knows exactly where the edge of that table is, too.  If he rolled off, I am also sure he'd shrug it off - "I'm fine.  Meant to do that!"

CapeCat
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2015 at 11:05am

I love when cats sleep like that.   Baring their bellies like that is a sign of total trust.   Mickey will only do that for me.   He's a total scaredy-cat when it comes to anyone else.   It's kind of frustrating.   He's the sweetest, most loving cat in the world (he's a big face-masher and cuddler)...but I'm the only person who's ever seen that.   When other people are around, he hides.   To everyone else, he's practically a ghost.

One of our members here (Big Momma) actually painted a picture of him and sent it to me.   She did it off of a photograph I posted of him here.   Here's the painting and the real thing, side by side.

And here's the photo she painted from:

Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2015 at 2:05pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

I love when cats sleep like that.   Baring their bellies like that is a sign of total trust.   Mickey will only do that for me.   He's a total scaredy-cat when it comes to anyone else.   It's kind of frustrating...

My precious little Nikki does that quite often.
To wit:

And here is my adorable (not-so)-little Coco doing it:

Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

He's the sweetest, most loving cat in the world (he's a big face-masher and cuddler)...but I'm the only person who's ever seen that...

Coco is really big into giving headbutts to me as a sign of affection; I quickly learned how to return the favour and start his little kitty motorboat; he has a very soft purr that you pretty much have to put your ear up to his mouth to hear -- but it is very easily palpable around his throat and upper chest areas.

Now Nikki on the other hand has a very loud purr that you can hear across the room, she's sort of a cuddler, but her big thing is giving me hundreds of "titty tisses" (kitty kisses). Sometimes she gets so "kiss-happy" that I have to physically move her because the area she's kissing me on gets sore from that rough little kitty tongue of hers.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2015 at 9:36pm
Originally posted by Angry McPisseron Angry McPisseron wrote:

Coco is really big into giving headbutts to me as a sign of affection; I quickly learned how to return the favour...

I sometimes wonder which begot which.   I know that, ever since he was young, whenever I'd come home, I'd pick him up and rub faces with him.   So, I wonder if he learned that behavior from me.

Whichever it is, exchanging scents like that is one way of bonding with a cat.   Another would be licking, but I'm not about to start licking my cats.   I love them...but not in that way.

Hmmmm...now that I think about it, both Mickey and Mal sometimes wake me up by licking at my lips.   They know I don't like that, but they also know it works---and that's what's most important.

Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2015 at 12:04am
Emma rarely slept like that, in front of me anyway. She's laying under the ceiling fan during the summer here.
CapeCat View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapeCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2015 at 1:11am
Beautiful picture of Emma, perfectly contented in her loving home, catching the sunbeam.

May she shine on forever in your heart.
CapeCat
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2015 at 5:10am
I agree, beautiful photo of Emma. Thumbs UpClapThumbs Up
It's going on her memorial web page at ~5:20am PDT on the 23rd.Smile

Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2015 at 5:25pm
Tiz, here's a little something to remember Emma by:
A Requiem for Emma.

Felis catus is your taxonomic nomenclature,
An endothermic quadruped, carnivorous by nature;
Your visual, olfactory, and auditory senses
Contribute to your hunting skills and natural defenses. 

I find myself intrigued by your subvocal oscillations,
A singular development of cat communications
That obviates your basic hedonistic predilection
For a rhythmic stroking of your fur to demonstrate affection. 

A tail is quite essential for your acrobatic talents;
You would not be so agile if you lacked its counterbalance.
And when not being utilized to aid in locomotion,
It often serves to illustrate the state of your emotion. 

O Emma, the complex levels of behavior you display
Connote a fairly well-developed cognitive array.
And though you are not sentient, Emma, and do not comprehend,
I nonetheless consider you a true and valued friend. 

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2015 at 6:21pm

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2015 at 6:29pm
Originally posted by Tiz Tiz wrote:

Emma rarely slept like that, in front of me anyway. She's laying under the ceiling fan during the summer here.

She was quite the little tubby, wasn't she?

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2015 at 11:57pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

I'm glad you like it; and pleased to see that you recognised it as Data's poetry! LOL

My, "Requiem for Emma" web page will be going on my website by 5:20am PDT on 10-24-15.

Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2015 at 12:19am
Thanks as always, Angry.Thumbs Up

"She was quite the little tubby, wasn't she?"
I never fed her people food. She got that belly from wet cat food and I almost regret the day I started adding it to her dry food.
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2015 at 1:29pm
You're more than welcome Tiz! Hug
The pleasure is all mine!!! Clap

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2017 at 2:45pm
She found more pictures...

If there is a ball involved, Leah will not be left out. LOL

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2017 at 6:04pm
The forum is really quiet, I found more pictures to share! So, sue me!
Mama sold her 80 year old house in Winneconne and we moved across the Wolf River to this old solar house built in the 70s. It had a HUGE fenced back yard and it was perfect for Leah.

Leah playing with her big buddy, Izzy. He was about 140 pounds to Leah's 70.
The big back yard.
And yes, she is still Mama's girl.
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2017 at 3:35am
Aww, such nice pics!  Leah's beautiful.  Nice to see what aka ron looks like!  Mama has a tattoo?

Thanks for sharing.  Clap
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2017 at 12:18pm
Originally posted by DarkRealmStar DarkRealmStar wrote:

Aww, such nice pics!  Leah's beautiful.  Nice to see what aka ron looks like!  Mama has a tattoo?

Thanks for sharing.  Clap
Thanks DRS, she is old and gray but she is still our baby girl.

Tattoo(s)?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 35363738>
  Share Topic