Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Uloric

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJtoTX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Uloric
    Posted: 31 Jul 2011 at 5:49pm
Guy carrying around a giant glass beaker of gatorade-green piss while a series of side effects is read. We are supposed to be impressed that the beaker gets smaller.

You just know that everyone around is disgusted, and that thing is going to smack into something, and that urine or acid or whatever is going to go everywhere.

Go away
Sponsored Links

Kreinas View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kreinas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2011 at 8:57pm
Video?
Check out my Blog. It's pretty great if I do say so myself!

Kreinas.blogspot.com
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2011 at 11:23pm
WinkThanks for cranking this thread up.
The Uloric commercial has long  bothered me; I've never been able to find a video of it, but I'm sure doesn't want it out there - they know people will immediately draw comparisons between their whitebread bottle-carrying sufferer and his twin brother, 'Anton Jackson' (find your way into roughly 4.15 of the PaWolf-supplied treasure, below - you'll see what I'm talking about).
if you can't beyond the 'imbedding' error.

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Zach6848 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zach6848 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2011 at 10:26pm
After hearing about all of the random sulfuric acid attacks that permanently disfigure people's faces, this commercial takes on a whole new level of stupid.
belc0011 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote belc0011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2011 at 11:21pm
I always notice how the guy has goes from a gigantic beaker to a slightly less gigantic bigger (which would still be unbelievably irritating to have to carry around).  If you actually wanted people to buy your medicine, wouldn't you want the beaker to get really small - like pocket sized?  I just find it to be a total failure at what they were trying to accomplish.
Bring me the head of a pig, and a goblet of something cool and refreshing
KrissyBean View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KrissyBean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2011 at 11:25pm
Hahahaha Belc. Every time I see this commercial, I think the same thing! Ooooo great! Now he can carry it around in a messenger bag....how awesome! 
Bears. Beets. Battlestar Gallactica.
purrpickle View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purrpickle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2011 at 1:06am
Originally posted by KrissyBean KrissyBean wrote:

Hahahaha Belc. Every time I see this commercial, I think the same thing! Ooooo great! Now he can carry it around in a messenger bag....how awesome! 

Oh no, because then you'd splash all over your belongings! There's no cap, right? Wink
Your friendly neighborhood pickle thief with the heart of a kitten. :}
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KrissyBean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2011 at 1:25am
Originally posted by purrpickle purrpickle wrote:

Originally posted by KrissyBean KrissyBean wrote:

Oh no, because then you'd splash all over your belongings! There's no cap, right? Wink

Actually, I do believe that the beaker has a cork in the top of it......

God, I need a life....... Cry

Or maybe just to NOT see this damn commercial so much! LOL
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2011 at 1:33am
THIS DAMNED COMMERCIAL IS ON WAY TOO MANY TIMES!!!!!

The next time I see this douche head with his stupid beaker I'm tossing the remote at the TV!!!!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KrissyBean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2011 at 1:38am
I hate how this guy is wandering round the city, picking up a paper, etc. and no one seems to notice that he is hauling around this big beaker of Shrek piss. 

Not to mention, when they are picking up their luggage at, what looks like, a carousel in an airport.... am I to believe that TSA let this douche get on a plane with a big beaker of God-knows-what... while I am forced to surrender my $22 face cream because it is a 10th of an ounce over the carry-on limit???????? 

Go to hell Uloric. Your commercial is full of shenanigans and it makes no sense. Thumbs Down
Bennett View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2011 at 1:38pm
So I think the message here is, "take our medicine and you'll carry around a giant beaker of Hi-C Ecto-Cooler."

Seems kind of inconvenient. And with all the calories in a Hi-C drink, not a well balanced choice.
Angry McPisseron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2011 at 2:08pm
This commercial pisses me off too (pun not intended) -- why is that "deuche" carrying around this huge gigantic Erlenmyer flask of Shrek uranation to begin with?
AngryDeadAngry
I simply don't know what a big Erlenmyer flask of green pee has to do with gout anyway. OuchAngryOuch

Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2011 at 2:39pm
The commercial is bad, but I think the green stuff is supposed to represent excess uric acid.
That's what causes gout.

Seems like there a million ways to do this commercial better especially when no one understands the premise.
Tech View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2011 at 3:16pm
Originally posted by Hootman Hootman wrote:

The commercial is bad, but I think the green stuff is supposed to represent excess uric acid.
That's what causes gout.

This. Nobody is going to question why this guy is carrying around a giant beaker because the beaker is only meant to be symbolic. He's not literally carrying around a beaker of green liquid, it just represents that he has gout and that the medicine, while not completely eradicating it, is managing it.
calzonesays View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote calzonesays Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2011 at 9:27am
These commercials are the ways the drug companies like to sensationalize these illnesses to get you to go to your doctor and pony up for their medications.  Carrying around that gigantic flask of green acid is supposed to worry people.  
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic