Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Orville Reddenbacher with Chris Angel

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrCleveland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Orville Reddenbacher with Chris Angel
    Posted: 31 Jul 2011 at 5:13pm

This is a crappy commercial and now we change it into...a crappier commercial!
Thank God for kids who love Obscure Things.

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
Sponsored Links

Kreinas View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kreinas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2011 at 8:58pm
Are you kidding me? I love this commercial. Maybe it's because I like the "random stranger making popcorn in my house" thing...

Criss angel's lisp makes me want to cry. And his parent's misspelled "Chris"
Check out my Blog. It's pretty great if I do say so myself!

Kreinas.blogspot.com
Dear View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2011 at 10:21pm
I refuse to say that shriveled up looking thing is a bowl. Is it THAT hard to grab a real bowl now? I just don't see the market for this crap unless you're -very- desperate for attention and want to brag to your friends about your fancy new microwave popcorn bag.
Please, stop saying "Awesome" in commercials! Your actors are not awe-inspiring and neither is your product.
schrutebuck View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schrutebuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2011 at 9:36am

In the commercial, Criss Angel removes the plastic film at the top of the "bowl" in one graceful and effortless motion, with nary a kernel distrurbed. Now, I've tried these new Popcorn Bowls a few times, and each attempt at removing the film has been kind of a hassle. The film requires a bit of force to loosen free from the paper bag it's sealed to, so you need to be careful not to rip the bag or pull so hard that the top layer of popcorn kernels comes spilling out as you pull the film. You basically gotta free the film in a forecul motion but jerk yourself to a stop once its free to prevent spillage, then slowly, gingerly lift and pultt the film across the top of the bowl until it's open.

Also, it feels more like a modified "bag' than a bowl per se; nonetheless, I do prefer these to the classic style bags save for the opening process.
KrissyBean View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KrissyBean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2011 at 1:01pm
I just hate the woman's face at the end when he tosses a piece of popcorn in his mouth and she goes, "How did you do THAT?!" I wanna just punch her in the eye...... ugh..... Angry
Bears. Beets. Battlestar Gallactica.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2011 at 2:02pm
If he was that good a magician, he'd pull the bag open, and Orville himself would pop out.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2011 at 3:34pm
Lemme guess..... you get about 25% less microwave crap than in the old style bag, but because of the "bowl" thing, you pay about 25% more for it.

Real slick there, Orville.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2011 at 4:46pm
Originally posted by KrissyBean KrissyBean wrote:

I just hate the woman's face at the end when he tosses a piece of popcorn in his mouth and she goes, "How did you do THAT?!" I wanna just punch her in the eye...... ugh..... Angry

Agreed. Like it's the most astounding thing she's ever seen. Incredibly stupid.
The artist formerly known as Madawee

SeanyGenovese View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeanyGenovese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2011 at 6:16am
Now... what gets me here is that the guy says "Why, that's just a bag of Orville Redenbacher's Microwave Popcorn!". Yeeeeah because real people say the full brand name aloud in casual conversation. And I'd be a bit more than mortified if Chris Angell broke into my house. And that he'd potentially screw my annoying and easily impressed girlfriend. But this is all just verging on semantics... Sleepy
Conforming To Abnormality
Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2011 at 4:38pm
Originally posted by SeanyGenovese SeanyGenovese wrote:

Now... what gets me here is that the guy says "Why, that's just a bag of Orville Redenbacher's Microwave Popcorn!". Yeeeeah because real people say the full brand name aloud in casual conversation.
LOLLOLLOLLOL

And I'd be a bit more than mortified if Chris Angell broke into my house.
Criss Angel looks creepy and dirty. I'd be horrified if he just appeared, too.

And that he'd potentially screw my annoying and easily impressed girlfriend. But this is all just verging on semantics... Sleepy

He would probably slap her for being so annoying. I know I would.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic