Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Man publicly beats toddler to death

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2008 at 7:31am
I've been following this story since last night.  It's horrifying.  They said people tried to physically pull him off the boy, but the guy had "tunnel vision" and just kept going back to "beat the devil out of him."  It's truly sickening.
Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2008 at 3:26pm
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2008 at 4:30pm
This story is going to haunt me for a long, long time.
The artist formerly known as Madawee

jeroboam View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeroboam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2008 at 7:05pm
I was telling this to my wife yesterday, and relaying to her how it was indeed a sad and horrible story, it was the details of the whole ordeal that almost made it unbelievable and therefore more surreal in its horror than a simple "awful story"
Had I heard that a baby was beaten to death, I would simply be horrified and saddened and regard the human race with one notch less respect.
But when the details of his "tunnel vision" and the inability to stop him was recounted I just sat there stunned.
It took on a different sense. It reminded me of how I feel when I watch things about the Khmer Rouge or the Holocaust. It all escapes my ability to comprehend its true evil.

For one thing I can't conceive how they couldn't stop him. I am 250 lbs plus and I feel like if I had my wits about me (a key factor at that scene I am sure) I maybe could have simply pinned the guy and smashed his face in to the pavement repeatedly. I have done so in my mind over and over.

But no, he kept getting back up and returning to the child. Why couldn't someone grab the child?

I don't know much, and of course wasn't there.
The closest understanding I have is how in college we came out of a safeway and this girl and guy were fighting in the parking lot and he was pulling her hair and slapping her.

I remember how there were 4 of us, and we were stunned.
I remember how I thought to myself, "I need to put my bag down somewhere safe before I go there" and how awful that was to think that.
What the hell? Why did I care about my grocery bag?
It was split second and we all were kind of caught off guard and I think we think "man is this real? Can she handle it?" and so on.

But this toddler scene, this is so cut and dry.

Just weird, I can't really comment more on it.

Oh and the dude hitting his girlfriend stopped hitting her and did the puff up chest thing to me and my friends, challenging us.
This allowed a diversion and he then told us and her to "f off" and ran to his car and drove off.

Sadly, the girl ran to his car crying and begging him to come back. We just left. Maybe we should've stayed and asked her if she needed help.

MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2008 at 12:09am
It's moments like this when you grab the tire iron out of the trunk....
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2008 at 12:13am
theres no legitimate excuse for what this guy did.
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
suenewtotx View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suenewtotx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2008 at 2:28am

It's just plain sickening & heartbreaking.  How someone could do something like this is beyond anything comprehensible.  That poor, little child.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2008 at 2:47am
It's a cruel, mean, cold-hearted world & it always has been.

When you think of how many people have walked the face of this Earth over the thousands of years, you can only imagine some of the unspeakable horrors that have been inflicted  upon the small, innocent & helpless by those with strength & power & evil hearts.

Humans can be incredibly kind & incredibly cruel, but I guess for one extreme to exist, so must the other. You can't have light without dark, otherwise how would you recognize & appreciate light? Seems to me there's a balance to everything & as much as we hate to hear about such things, there must be some cosmic reasoning behind it that we can't understand.

I hope the kid was too young to fully comprehend what was happening to him & that he didn't feel much pain.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2008 at 3:31am
Originally posted by jeroboam jeroboam wrote:

I was telling this to my wife yesterday, and relaying to her how it was indeed a sad and horrible story, it was the details of the whole ordeal that almost made it unbelievable and therefore more surreal in its horror than a simple "awful story"
Had I heard that a baby was beaten to death, I would simply be horrified and saddened and regard the human race with one notch less respect.
But when the details of his "tunnel vision" and the inability to stop him was recounted I just sat there stunned.
It took on a different sense. It reminded me of how I feel when I watch things about the Khmer Rouge or the Holocaust. It all escapes my ability to comprehend its true evil.

For one thing I can't conceive how they couldn't stop him. I am 250 lbs plus and I feel like if I had my wits about me (a key factor at that scene I am sure) I maybe could have simply pinned the guy and smashed his face in to the pavement repeatedly. I have done so in my mind over and over.

But no, he kept getting back up and returning to the child. Why couldn't someone grab the child?

I don't know much, and of course wasn't there.
The closest understanding I have is how in college we came out of a safeway and this girl and guy were fighting in the parking lot and he was pulling her hair and slapping her.

I remember how there were 4 of us, and we were stunned.
I remember how I thought to myself, "I need to put my bag down somewhere safe before I go there" and how awful that was to think that.
What the hell? Why did I care about my grocery bag?
It was split second and we all were kind of caught off guard and I think we think "man is this real? Can she handle it?" and so on.

But this toddler scene, this is so cut and dry.

Just weird, I can't really comment more on it.

Oh and the dude hitting his girlfriend stopped hitting her and did the puff up chest thing to me and my friends, challenging us.
This allowed a diversion and he then told us and her to "f off" and ran to his car and drove off.

Sadly, the girl ran to his car crying and begging him to come back. We just left. Maybe we should've stayed and asked her if she needed help. 

Unfortunately, had you intervened, somehow you would have ended up the loser, with both the man and woman resentful of your intervention.

Sounds to me as if they're a match made in heaven.  He's probably treated every girlfriend the same way.  And she's probably always gravitated to this sort of guy.  Peas in a pod.  They may ultimately break up, but they'll end up in the same sort of abusive relationships next time and next time and next time.  I say, let those sorts of people be.  They're not worth it.

LOL1955 View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated to THIS forum!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOL1955 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2008 at 3:54am
I hope that the coroner autopsies Aguiar's brain.  If the tox screen returns negative, my next guess would be multiple cortical lesions or a fast-growing brain tumor. 

Love endures all.
meinga View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meinga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2008 at 4:14am

This story is just despicable.  There was a similar story a few months back where the father of a newborn baby girl put her in a microwave in their motel room and the mother made excuses for him by saying "the devil made him do it."  Thankfully, that child lived and is now out of their custody but, she had serious burns which she will have to live with for the rest of her life.  I just can't stand when people like this have kids, yet there are so many people who can't have children and would have loved to have this little boy and girl.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2008 at 3:39pm
As long as there are people, a certain percentage of them will be no-good trash.

Maybe someday in the distant future (or better yet, the not-too-distant future) humankind will evolve to the point that ignorance & mean spiritedness will be rare, relatively minor in scope & mostly something people read about in history books.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic