Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nutella

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2011 at 4:09pm
Originally posted by Hezadancer Hezadancer wrote:

They want to reach a new market, the oh so exploitable "busy moms" market. Here mom, you're too lazy to get your kids a real breakfast, slather some of this black goop on WHOLE GRAIN TOAST and it's breakfast. Yeah, the whole grain toast part pisses me off, they're using it to make it sound more healthy. Whole grain toast on it's own is fine for breakfast. Why not just put anything on the damn toast? JELLY PERHAPS? BUTTER? Lame. Nutella is gross anyway.

NOW YOU JUST STOP THAT, HEZADANCER!!!!!!! ShockedShocked

Some of us truly LHeartVE Nutella!!!! EmbarrassedEmbarrassed

It's not "black goop" & it's not gross!!!!!!! CryOuch

You're hurting our feelings.

Our sweet, smooth, creamy textured, hazelnut & milk chocolate flavored feelings.

Poor little Nutella.

Some people are just so mean to you....... Cry

Tongue

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Sponsored Links

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2011 at 12:03am
LOL
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2011 at 3:24am
I'd rather eat Vegemite, and that says a lot for the black goop market.
It's ok, I'm in marketing!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2011 at 2:07pm

OK..... see, now I KNOW you're just trying to bait us Nutella lovers & provoke a reaction...

I've tried Vegemite before & there is NO WAY any reasonably normal person would pass up a spoonful of Nutella for a spoonful of that vile, horrible tasting vegetable paste.

Why??????? Why??????? 

Why do you have to be so mean to a product that is so gentle & mild & so full of yummy, sweet-tasting goodness????????

What did Nutella ever do to to you????????

LEAVE NUTELLA ALOOOOOOOOOONE!!!!!!!

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2011 at 2:25pm
JIMBO - TOO FREAKING FUNNY!!!!!!!!! LOLLOLLOL
The artist formerly known as Madawee

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2011 at 2:52pm
Hey..... I loves me some Nutella.

Can't just let it slide, y'know?

Got's ta state m'case. Wink

My case for sweet, kind, lovely, Heaven-sent Nutella. Tongue

I was in Big Lots the other day.

They had the small jars for $3.

Didn't buy one, though.

Shoulda.

Will next time.

Three bucks is a pretty good price.

For sweet, nutty, chocolatey goodness.

C'mon, man!
Yutolia View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yutolia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2011 at 3:16pm
Jimbo, that sounds like the beginnings of a Nutella rap. LOL
"Xbox Live is an online homophobia club for pre-teen Tourette’s sufferers." - Brockway, Cracked.com
Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2011 at 3:18pm
Nutella looks to me like chocolate peanut butter, which means I'd probably like it since I LOVE chocolate and peanut butter. But I've never had an urge to buy it so I'll take your words for it.

Which words, you may ask?

The "I love Nutella" or "I hate Nutella" words?

I don't know. Can someone describe the actual taste of it?
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2011 at 3:32pm
I've heard more than one person say it's like eating a liquid Ferrero Rocher.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2011 at 3:41pm
Originally posted by Moochamoocha Moochamoocha wrote:

Nutella looks to me like chocolate peanut butter, which means I'd probably like it since I LOVE chocolate and peanut butter. But I've never had an urge to buy it so I'll take your words for it.

That's what I figured, too (that it's like chocolate-peanut butter).  I think I mentioned that here a long time ago.  But others said that that's not the case.

I don't wanna buy it in order to find out, as it'd probably be one of those things that sits in my refrigerator for years.  Like the time I convinced my mother to buy mint jelly when I was about 10.  Horrible!  And it does not make a good peanut butter/jelly sandwich!  It sat there for about 2 years before my mother tossed it.

msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2011 at 3:58pm
Originally posted by Hootman Hootman wrote:

I've heard more than one person say it's like eating a liquid Ferrero Rocher.
I think Hooty hit the nail on the head with this description (or whoever was the original describer person).

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2011 at 4:11pm

If you've ever had a Cadbury hazelnut-chocolate bar, it tastes a lot like that.

The only thing about it that's like "chocolate peanut butter" is the texture of it.

C'mon, man!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2011 at 4:14pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

I don't wanna buy it in order to find out, as it'd probably be one of those things that sits in my refrigerator for years.

You'd have this stuff gone & be working on your second jar in 2 days. Wink

C'mon, man!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2011 at 4:15pm
Originally posted by Yutolia Yutolia wrote:

I'd need someone to do the "beat box" part for me.

Up for it?

C'mon, man!
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2011 at 4:20pm

[QUOTE=Moochamoocha]

Like the time I convinced my mother to buy mint jelly when I was about 10.  Horrible!  And it does not make a good peanut butter/jelly sandwich!  It sat there for about 2 years before my mother tossed it.

I just had a full body shudder. I can't even look at that stuff in the jar without getting the dry heaves. Dead

jerkylips View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerkylips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2011 at 4:41pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Big smileNutella has been a personal favorite since I was a child...still love it. Always have either spread it on toast or just eaten gobs right out of the jar.

I'm with you, Pa.  We have to force ourselves not to buy it because once it's in the house the jar lasts a week at most.  I think it's kind of bad that they try to pass it off as nutritious - it doesn't hold a candle to peanut butter on the nutrition front, but it is sofreakinggood...
Thethelia thinkth my thoriathith ith thexthy
Yutolia View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yutolia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2011 at 4:58pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Up for it?

Nah,
i think I'll volunteer Thor.LOL
"Xbox Live is an online homophobia club for pre-teen Tourette’s sufferers." - Brockway, Cracked.com
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2011 at 5:15pm
Originally posted by Madawee Madawee wrote:

Like the time I convinced my mother to buy mint jelly when I was about 10.  Horrible!  And it does not make a good peanut butter/jelly sandwich!  It sat there for about 2 years before my mother tossed it.

I just had a full body shudder. I can't even look at that stuff in the jar without getting the dry heaves. Dead

ConfusedShockedCryMINT JELLY IS WONDERFUL! It comes straight from Heaven, I tell ya! In fact, if'n *I* had a jar of Nutella and a jar of Mint Jelly, I'd stir 'em together and spread the mix all over Ritz Crackers.
Served with lil'slices of melted Vermont Xtra-Sharp White Cheddar...and Molson's Ice.
Rachael Ray has nothing on Me, doncha know!

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2011 at 5:21pm

If you've ever had a Cadbury hazelnut-chocolate bar, it tastes a lot like that.

The only thing about it that's like "chocolate peanut butter" is the texture of it.

OMG Jimbo! I'm drooling over here! I LOVE Cadbury chocolate! My mother brought home a bag of those in miniature form from her European vacation and it was gone before you could blink your eyes.

I guess I will like Nutella, judging from what you're telling me.
Agent_Sometime View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Agent_Sometime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2011 at 8:20pm
Having a bunch of kids consecutively sounds like the worst idea in the world to me.

Actually, having more than one child sounds like the worst idea in the world to me...
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2011 at 2:25am

OK..... see, now I KNOW you're just trying to bait us Nutella lovers & provoke a reaction...

I've tried Vegemite before & there is NO WAY any reasonably normal person would pass up a spoonful of Nutella for a spoonful of that vile, horrible tasting vegetable paste.

Why??????? Why??????? 

Why do you have to be so mean to a product that is so gentle & mild & so full of yummy, sweet-tasting goodness????????

What did Nutella ever do to to you????????

LOL Now that is some funny stuff. I guess it just depends what mood I'm in. I had an Australian marketing professor who gave us all Vegemite on the first day of class. While everyone else was spitting theirs out, I felt odd because I would have actually preferred seconds. Maybe I just got a GOOD bite, but I've never had any since.
It's ok, I'm in marketing!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2011 at 4:19am

OMG Jimbo! I'm drooling over here! I LOVE Cadbury chocolate! My mother brought home a bag of those in miniature form from her European vacation and it was gone before you could blink your eyes.

I guess I will like Nutella, judging from what you're telling me.

Keep in mind it's the HAZEL NUT flavored Cadbury bar that Nutella tastes like.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2011 at 2:17pm

Up for it?

Nah,
i think I'll volunteer Thor.LOL

Well, if you must know, I am an aspiring rapper.  Know what I'm sayin', homie?

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2011 at 2:58pm
But can you "beatbox"?

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2011 at 3:04pm
He could get a gig on an E-surance commercial.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic