Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Commercial Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Commercials you like/love but you know others hate
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercials you like/love but you know others hate

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwestfall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Commercials you like/love but you know others hate
    Posted: 08 Jun 2011 at 10:40pm
I don't post alot to the CIH forums and occasionally its because there is a "hate" topic for a commercial I really like and I don't want to go against what seems to be the majority opinion.  Maybe the rest haven't experienced that but I thought I would see if anyone else loves an embarrassingly bad commercialBig smile  I am standing up proudly for these 3 (starters):

Keith Stone--Keystone Light--I think this commercial is genius in that it knows its product base & that it has a great sense of humor and can make fun of itself.  And I love it when they say, "smoooooooooth." His one drawback is he's a little sexist.

Geico--Maxwell--this little piggy: I just LOVE this pig.  If you pay attention to the nursery rhyme, and what they do in the commercial, it's just perfect.  Maxwell is doing what he is supposed to do.  If the woman has a problem with him she shouldn't be giving him a ride!  And I love it when he says, "thanks Mrs. A" a the end--he's even a polite pig!

Heineken--Golden Age--I know lots of you hate this one & I just kept seeing your remarks & felt silly--I don't love the commercial, though its not bad, I really like that song.  Its sing-songy, upbeat, just kinda puts a kick in my step--I hum it occasionally.  As for the commercial itself, I recently decided, if you look at it carefully, it could be construed as a satirical look at Dos Equis' most interesting man in the world commercial.  Its like the Heineken guy is a young version of the Dos Equis.  He's brash, cocky, entertaining, the woman love him, he can kickbox and sword fight, etc. And, he thinks way too much of himself! Are Heineken and D.E. distrubuted by the same company maybe? 

A new study finds that people who are chipper & happy live longer. Which is surprising because people who aren't chipper & happy want to kill people who are always chipper & happy. David Letterman
Sponsored Links

70s80s View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70s80s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2011 at 11:43pm
The Geico ads with the cat-dog car chase and the drill-sargeant therapist!

"Cottage cheese is not a 'feminine product'!"
musicman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Formerly 0000

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2011 at 12:00am
Originally posted by bwestfall bwestfall wrote:

Heineken--Golden Age--I know lots of you hate this one & I just kept seeing your remarks & felt silly--I don't love the commercial, though its not bad, I really like that song.  Its sing-songy, upbeat, just kinda puts a kick in my step--I hum it occasionally.  As for the commercial itself, I recently decided, if you look at it carefully, it could be construed as a satirical look at Dos Equis' most interesting man in the world commercial.  Its like the Heineken guy is a young version of the Dos Equis.  He's brash, cocky, entertaining, the woman love him, he can kickbox and sword fight, etc. And, he thinks way too much of himself! Are Heineken and D.E. distrubuted by the same company maybe? 

Funny thing is, when they show the woman singing the song at the end, she looks exactly like what I would expect her to look like.

Grant View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2011 at 2:15pm
The Dos Equis character is a kind of "Commander McBragg" character, and either you find one of those funny or you don't, without that much of an in-between. I often don't, but I do in his case.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2011 at 2:34pm
Originally posted by bwestfall bwestfall wrote:

I don't post alot to the CIH forums and occasionally its because there is a "hate" topic for a commercial I really like and I don't want to go against what seems to be the majority opinion. 

Don't let majority opinion bother you.

I like the commercial with the Russian guy, his beautiful woman, his garish digs and that miniature giraffe.  I don't remember the product (as is often the case).

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2011 at 2:58pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

I like the commercial with the Russian guy, his beautiful woman, his garish digs and that miniature giraffe.  I don't remember the product (as is often the case).

Enjoy.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2011 at 3:12pm
Thanks.  And I was thinking it was probably a beer commercial.

I should've known.  I must get two mail solicitations from Direct TV per week.  Or maybe it's Dish Network.  Or both.  Oh, I dunno.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2011 at 3:31pm
One of my favorite series of commercials which some people (including Nathan, I think) hated, was the Citibank identity theft series.  I wish they'd bring back this ad campaign.  Always cracked me up.  In a way, they remind me of the Allstate Mayhem commercials---that is, the way the main character "channels" someone totally unlike him/herself. 

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2011 at 4:02pm

One of my favorite series of commercials which some people (including Nathan, I think) hated, was the Citibank identity theft series.  I wish they'd bring back this ad campaign.  Always cracked me up.  In a way, they remind me of the Allstate Mayhem commercials---that is, the way the main character "channels" someone totally unlike him/herself.

I had completely, utterly & totally forgotte about those ads.

Thanks for reminding me of them.

And by "thanks" I mean..... "thanks ErmmOuch".

(add in sarcastic tone of voice yourself)

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
jerkylips View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerkylips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2011 at 5:25pm
I also like the DirecTv ads.  It may be, in part, because (also not shared by everyone) I LOVE DirecTv.  I think it is a friggin fantastic product & I can't of much they could do to improve it (except lower the price, I suppose).

The other commercials that I think are great are the entire series of M&M's commercials.  I haven't seen one yet that hasn't made me laugh.
Thethelia thinkth my thoriathith ith thexthy
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2011 at 11:21pm
Have always liked the Orkin ads even though they show bugs and in this case, rodents, up close and personal.
robodog View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robodog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2011 at 6:09pm
I can't think of any current ads I've liked all that much other than the Geico dog cat chase. But back in the 90s a lot of people griped about the Taco Bell chihuahua commercials and I loved them. I was sorry when they stopped airing.

I also kind of liked the Burger King. Something about the creepy serial killer vibe he gave out amused me.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2011 at 6:21pm

Big smileI have to agree, Thor. That was an ingenious series of commercials - and yea, Nathan went a little 'postal' on them...particularly this one (which broke me up every time).
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Big Momma View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
I donated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Momma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2011 at 12:32am
I agree Pa! I love those. I also love the e-trade baby.Embarrassed
Synesthesia View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2011 at 1:04am
I like this Walmart ad where the girl's mothers tell them that she's using cream to make her look younger and they put some on their grandfather. A lot in fact and say he's going to look like a baby.

I also like that mini giraffe. That's really cute. And I like this sears ad, but only because the other has her baby in a sling.
Is this love big enough to watch over me?
Big enough to let go of me
Without hurting me,
Like the day I learned to swim?-Kate Bush The Fog
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2011 at 1:32am
Gas-x
"your son Rip is on line toot."
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2011 at 2:42pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Big smileI have to agree, Thor. That was an ingenious series of commercials - and yea, Nathan went a little 'postal' on them...particularly this one (which broke me up every time).

I guess we shouldn't hold our breath, considering that the day I posted my wish for Citibank to bring back these identity theft commercials, 100,000 of their credit card account holders had their accounts hacked. 

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2011 at 12:44am
TongueI'm pretty sure I'm the only person who likes this commercial.
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2011 at 2:28am
Holy sh*t, that was funny, Pa.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2011 at 2:36am
Who uses a condom for "that"?

C'mon, man!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2011 at 11:15pm
Big smile...well, I love the 'Stay Dad' part of this commercial...can't help it - just can't help it.
Ever since this commercial line came about, whenever I hear it start, I *eagerly* look to see if it is THIS very commercial - and the 'soft spot' in my heart gets touched again.
I (well, both of us) can't wait until we get a grandaughter pup - we're blessed with a grandson, so far...but granddaughters? Like daughters, they're 'special' because they're girls.

Ultron 5 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ultron 5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2011 at 9:30am
I like the College in my PJ's ads coz I'm a bit pervy.

Smile
I comfort the disturbed and disturb the comfortable.
dutchman063 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dutchman063 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2011 at 4:38pm
Originally posted by Tiz Tiz wrote:

Have always liked the Orkin ads even though they show bugs and in this case, rodents, up close and personal.

love this ad...Clap

all the orkin ads are awesome IMO
dutchman063 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dutchman063 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2011 at 4:40pm
Originally posted by Ultron 5 Ultron 5 wrote:

I like the College in my PJ's ads coz I'm a bit pervy.

Smile

she's a hottie for sure!  Thumbs Up
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2011 at 12:01am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic