Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Geico 'Smart Phone' (dumb Video)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Geico 'Smart Phone' (dumb Video)
    Posted: 08 Jun 2011 at 2:11am
OuchPlease tell me I didn't just suffer through "Another Day in Nerdopolis"...

Doesn't matter if you ARE Gay, White, a TechnoFlunkie, wear a shirt and a 'French Napkin' ("Tie"), or all of the above...this commercial just HAS to make you want to stamp your foot and slap the girl next to you... 
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Sponsored Links

Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2011 at 9:46am
I laughed uproariously when I first saw the end of the commercial. The three men goofing around with their smartphones while the lady who picks up files from a copier stares at them in disbelief made me laugh so hard. The second time I saw it, I felt myself doing forced laughter. It wasn't as funny the second time.
purrpickle View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purrpickle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2011 at 11:42pm
What gets me is that they advertise that you can get that free Geico mustache app.

...Geico and mustaches... Aren't they kinda passe, now?
Your friendly neighborhood pickle thief with the heart of a kitten. :}
Mommacita View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mommacita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2011 at 4:34am
This is actually one of the few Geico commercials I thought was funny.  Of course, after a few more viewings, I am sure I wont feel that way  :D

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2011 at 3:18pm
I liked the first few in this series---especially the Abe Lincoln one.  When they came out with the "living under a rock" one, I lost interest.

drakkonia View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drakkonia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2011 at 6:31pm
I'm just sick of smart phones in general.  The irritating ringtones, or what really gets me is when I see two people sitting at a booth in a restaurant, completely ignoring each other because they are so engrossed in their textin' or web browsing or whatever.
purrpickle View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purrpickle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2011 at 7:45pm
Originally posted by drakkonia drakkonia wrote:

I'm just sick of smart phones in general.  The irritating ringtones, or what really gets me is when I see two people sitting at a booth in a restaurant, completely ignoring each other because they are so engrossed in their textin' or web browsing or whatever.

That's one of my pet peeves. I have a friend who, even if she's supposedly hanging out with me, she's constantly texting other people or surfing online. No, that just makes me feel swell.
Your friendly neighborhood pickle thief with the heart of a kitten. :}
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2011 at 1:00am
WinkI'm startin' ta think I'll go and get me a 'Stupid Phone' JUST for the 'BROSTACHE' app!
I could have a lot of fun entertaining myself in the mirror, doncha know....only thing that bothers me is the possiblility of a serial criminal using the 'BroStache' as its signature...
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
smittykins View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smittykins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2011 at 1:15am

I don't have a smartphone(can't afford one, and probably wouldn't want one if I could).  In fact, I call my LG Accolade a "Dumbphone(TM)."  And I like my Dumbphone. Smile
MrButler View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater
Formerly Angry Lil Fat Man

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrButler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2011 at 1:22am
I thought I replied to this.... I thought this commercial was pretty lame. I too do not own a smartphone. The data packages are ridiculous.
KrissyBean View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KrissyBean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2011 at 2:44am
Is it horrible that every time this comes on, I giggle uncontrollably at the guy who has his right foot stuck in the arm of his desk chair???? He repeatedly tries to kick it away, but it just won't let go!!!!!! EmbarrassedLOL
Bears. Beets. Battlestar Gallactica.
jerkylips View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerkylips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2011 at 8:12pm
I have an iphone, & I now have the "bro stache" app.  It's so amazingly stupid....I love it.. 
Thethelia thinkth my thoriathith ith thexthy
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2011 at 8:42pm
Originally posted by jerkylips jerkylips wrote:

I have an iphone, & I now have the "bro stache" app.  It's so amazingly stupid....I love it.. 
LOL!!! I love it! Take some pics, JL - zero in on the 'Brostache'...The Inquiring Mindless Need to Laugh So Hard We're Chokin' Up Blood....
You *may* have just talked me into going out and getting one o'those things...I LOVE stupid toys!
moonprism View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moonprism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2011 at 9:38pm

I couldn't agree more, and it's even worse when you're trying to service them. Having worked in retail and having to repeat yourself or wait until they're done with their stupid smartphone is just obnoxious, especially since they're probably using it to order online what they're just wasting your time trying on.

This one is bad, the piggy one is worse, but all of them I truly don't understand.

Could starting from the left and talking smoothly with my eyebrows raised and then asking a rhetorical question possibly have anything to do with car insurance?
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2011 at 9:41pm
Originally posted by smittykins smittykins wrote:

I don't have a smartphone(can't afford one, and probably wouldn't want one if I could).  In fact, I call my LG Accolade a "Dumbphone(TM)."  And I like my Dumbphone. Smile
We quit paying for the second phone, the offers today for live tv on a tablet or phone are tempting. But they will screw you in the end.
MrCleveland View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrCleveland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2011 at 5:16pm
I really now hate these commercials, so much I made a parody!

Guy: Could switching to Geico REALLY save you up to 15% or more on Car Insurance?...Ever Seen A Grown-Man Naked?

Norm McDonald as Burt Reynolds is seen like the infamous Nude Centerfold seen on "Cosmopolitan".

Burt: Yeah, look at me I'm naked! It's funny 'cause I'm not wearing anything 'cept a smile! Heh!

Announcer: Geico, saving you up to 15% or more on car insurance.
Thank God for kids who love Obscure Things.

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
DirtyD79 View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DirtyD79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2011 at 11:05pm

What's funny is it actually does work like in the commercial. The mouth really moves when you talk. My brother has that app on his phone too.
Mind on My Money, Money on My Beer
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2011 at 11:48pm
Originally posted by DirtyD79 DirtyD79 wrote:

What's funny is it actually does work like in the commercial. The mouth really moves when you talk. My brother has that app on his phone too.
Big smileI could entertain myself for hours, with one of those and a mirror...
Jimmy View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2011 at 10:59pm
Those three dorks better not be continued in further Geico ads. They need to be collectively nutslapped!Angry
One man gathers what another man spills
belc0011 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote belc0011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2011 at 11:18pm
I'm shocked that someone said they laughed hysterically at the end when they were dancing around like idiots.  The rest of the commercial isn't bad, but the ending when they're totally spazzing out dancing like morons is so unbelievably irritating.  People do actually use their smart phone for dumb stuff like that, which is why the rest of the commercial wasn't bad, but there's no way three coworkers would randomly start spazzing out using their smart phones as instruments.  It's so far fetched they just lost me there.
Bring me the head of a pig, and a goblet of something cool and refreshing
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic