Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

WTF? They advertise this like its a good thing

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4everman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WTF? They advertise this like its a good thing
    Posted: 03 Jun 2011 at 1:02pm
This isn't the current commercial I've been seeing, and this, my ire, is more directed at the actual show than the commercial, but come on....

Seriously? This is disgusting on so many levels. Is TLC trying for the pedophile market now? You know, as long as they keep this show around, I'm gonna have to boycott them. Believe me, thecurrent commercial is even worse. I weep at the thought that anyone would be looking forward to even watching this on TV.
No Good Deed Goes Unpunished
Sponsored Links

regulus View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2011 at 1:23pm

Cut the Cord!

Poiuyt Power!!!
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2011 at 9:23pm
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Censored 'em all !!!!!!

this is pure garbage trash rubbish no one in their sane mind would watch this. Angry

One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2011 at 9:33pm
Confused...glad you brought this up, D4...I've seen the ad once - and THAT will be enough.
Kinda reminds you of 'very bad things', eh? The whole friggin' idea is in VERY bad taste, in my books... 
Painted Baby <<--Let's all say it together: JonBenet Ramsey
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2011 at 11:18pm
"Work it...." Shocked  That little guy strutting those denim diapers just got wood  twig. 
Malcolm Reynolds View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malcolm Reynolds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2011 at 11:34pm
I love how all the moms are overweight and ugly as sin.  It's obvious they're trying to give vicariously through their kids.
"If you make your software idiot proof, nature will make a better idiot."
-Me
musicman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Formerly 0000

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2011 at 12:55am
Originally posted by Malcolm Reynolds Malcolm Reynolds wrote:

I love how all the moms are overweight and ugly as sin.  It's obvious they're trying to give vicariously through their kids.

If they spent one tenth the time and energy on themselves looking better......
musicman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Formerly 0000

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2011 at 12:59am
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Confused...glad you brought this up, D4...I've seen the ad once - and THAT will be enough.
Kinda reminds you of 'very bad things', eh? The whole friggin' idea is in VERY bad taste, in my books... 
Painted Baby <<--Let's all say it together: JonBenet Ramsey

Little JonBenét was the first thing that came to mind when I saw this.  I ended up reading about her tradgedy again earlier today.

What struck me more sadly about it is that she was born the same year as my niece who is now in College.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2011 at 1:09am
That one at 32 seconds is kinda hot.  I'd like to see her in stilletoes (preferably with ankle straps).

What?  Is that wrong?  Shocked

Really, just kidding.  But if the parents of these girls don't know that that's the kinda reaction they're eliciting from some molestor types, they're stupid.

musicman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Formerly 0000

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2011 at 1:33am
Dressing little girls up like that DOES NOT make them look sexy, it just makes the parents look dumb.
purrpickle View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purrpickle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2011 at 4:39am
Originally posted by musicman musicman wrote:

Dressing little girls up like that DOES NOT make them look sexy, it just makes the parents look dumb.

I agree. It also makes them look creepy and sexual and five years should not be sexual! It makes me so uncomfortable! ...And I end up seeing commercials for this show about twenty times a day. That's twenty times too many that I'm uncomfortable.
Your friendly neighborhood pickle thief with the heart of a kitten. :}
d4everman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4everman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2011 at 6:40am
Thats why I think I may have to write to TLC just to let them know how sick I they are for airing this. The Learning Channel my ass. I'm not a crank or a prude....I've done adult...er...stuff...with adults in the seediest of places. (20 years in the military will offer some crazy opportunities party/sex wise.) But children? Come the hell on?

Its bad enough that the younger generation we have now have littel empathy and feel far too entitled to things withou effort...they hgave to parade this show on TLC? Theres really no other way of saying it...its a show for trash by trash.
No Good Deed Goes Unpunished
CyberFox View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CyberFox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2011 at 6:09pm
I remember one episode of Wife Swap where they had one family send their kids even their baby to beauty pagents, and the frosting on the cake (metaphorically speaking) is they spoil them for the sake of looking beautiful
^^
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2011 at 6:14pm
Good Lord. Little tartlets.

Am I wrong to giggle at the crying kid?
The artist formerly known as Madawee

robodog View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robodog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2011 at 6:35pm
What do you expect? Have you seen some of the dolls they have for little girls these days? What kind of  society do we live in where you can buy a Bratz doll that looks like a prostitute for a child?
drakkonia View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drakkonia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2011 at 9:51pm
I hope I don't get banned for this, but I actually like this show.  The parents are so ridiculously obsessed, they spend thousands of dollars on the kids' pageant dresses and props.  And usually it's the fat ugly moms, but on the rare occasion that they show a pageant dad, especially one who dances along with his kid, it is funny as hell.
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2011 at 10:12pm
What's the prize?  An all expense paid enrollment to charm school?
Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2011 at 5:34am
Is it wrong to almost want to smack the kids for doing that ghetto little head-swaying thing (you know - the ubiquitous "no you di'int, girlfriend!" head shake?) several of the girls in that vid did?
bwestfall View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwestfall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2011 at 5:31pm
If Nielson checked who watches these the headline would read: "Pedophiles, Pedophiles, Sad-Overbearing-Never got to be in a pageant-Mothers, and more "Pedophiles."

But seriously, I feel so sorry for these little kids, even after they have turned into narcissistic little brats.  They have been told so long that they want to be a pageant queen that if you ask them they will say "yes," but even what little I have seen (mostly in clips shown on other shows) these kids hate spending all their time doing pageants, they hate the hair, the makeup, not getting to play with their stuff.  They get whiny, tired, frustrated, etc.  I pretty much lay the blame on the Moms; this is their dream, not their little girls.
A new study finds that people who are chipper & happy live longer. Which is surprising because people who aren't chipper & happy want to kill people who are always chipper & happy. David Letterman
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2011 at 10:47pm
And this is their second season, meaning "someone" is watching. Wait until those kids view their videos on Youtube after a few years.
musicman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Formerly 0000

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2011 at 11:25pm
When you think about it, it's kind of the female equivolent to model trains.  LOL
Guys can't actually drive real locomotives, so they get miniatures of them.

The moms are old and as fat as cows, so they get the miniature versions of them to put on display.

nephthys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nephthys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2011 at 9:54pm
Malcolm, you hit it right on the nose. That's exactly what's going on and they're so sick and self centered they even encourage pedophilia on to their own children. Talk about seriously bad mothers. I still don't understand how this is legal and why aren't these parents in jail for child abuse. They, literally, put their children in danger from pedophiles. How is that legal? It's the same thing as dressing a child up as a whore and taking them clubbing. That's illegal so why the hell isn't this?
msdeli View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msdeli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2011 at 5:48am
thats what bothers me the most.  Not the whole molester thing.  Doesn't seem to make much a difference, a perv is a perv.  These kids are going to grow up with such a twisted idea of themselves its sad.  I have not watched a full episode but I don't think I need to.  These little girls already have issues with reality.  I guess its ok to teach children that their self worth comes down to how pretty they are.  I have seen it in real life with much less influence then these stupid "pageants".  Sad to see little girls under 10 that have already developed a "sexual" image.  Their only concern is what boys think of them.  No one ever teaches them to have REAL self esteem.  I cannot say that these mothers are only about the pageant life but that sure is what it seems like.  I think this show should be taken off the air.  It is really repugnant.
Dear View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2011 at 10:04pm
I actually like this show once in a while-DON'T HIT ME! The preview is just airing the most horrific parts of the show, but if you actually watch it, sometimes it can be a little heartwarming.

The majority of the mothers on this show put their kids in pageants because the kids -wanted- to do it, and it really shows. The judges can always tell when there is a contestant that obviously wants to be there, and that kid always wins because they put effort into their talent act.

I will 100% agree I don't like trashy costumes on little girls or makeup for that matter, but that isn't the -entire- show. The preview is showing "glitz" which is all flashy-flashy. There are quite a few small town episodes with the kids looking more natural, and most of the moms don't let their kid wear that trash. They dress them in "princess" dresses where they are covered. The Hawaiian pageants don't wear any makeup at all from what I could see.

You're right, there are a few of them that are absolute spoiled brats(you can thank the show for that, there is always one little monster in every episode for the -drama- factor), but there are a LOT of them(2 out of 3 are sweethearts) that are just typical children at home that like playing outside and love animals. There have been pageant dads that have sewn all of their little girl's outfits and pageant moms that did their little girl's hair and makeup, and the prize money was put away for college. I always thought that was a nice idea, $150 participation fee and then if they won they would pocket $500-$1000 each pageant so their daughter could go to college without any debt. As Drakkonia said, it's funny as hell to watch pageant dads dance along on stage with their kid! My favorite is still that Big Gay Al-look alike one, he was so sparkly and great and made the most amazing costumes!

Lastly, this is a tough subject so I'll make it brief.  I truly think as far as pedophiles go, they're always going to be sick. A show or a pageant didn't make them sick or hurt someone.

So...yeah, just had to stand up for it a bit. It's not 100% bad.
Please, stop saying "Awesome" in commercials! Your actors are not awe-inspiring and neither is your product.
Christine View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2011 at 10:15pm
Like Dear said, there are sick people out there regardless. These pageants don't create molesters.

While these shows are pretty repulsive to me, I once saw an episode where a little girl didn't win as expected, and her mom was practically having a nervous breakdown. The girl calmly said to the camera, "You have to be happy for the winner," something like that. I was really impressed.

So there are some redeeming qualities to these things, and the kids are smarter than we give them credit for. In fact, they are often the most mature ones!! The parents get all caught up in the drama, politics etc. whereas the kids tend to have a more realistic view of the whole charade.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic