Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"you dj on the weekends?"....aaaargh

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4everman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "you dj on the weekends?"....aaaargh
    Posted: 03 Jun 2011 at 3:25am
Its a matter of taste, I suppose, but this commercial annoys the hell out of me. Its not funny, for one thing. It makes me hate Esurance. Its only saving grace is pigtail girls expression, but its not enough to keep me from hating it.
No Good Deed Goes Unpunished
Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2011 at 3:51am
I like "pigtail girl".  She's in the 1-800-Dentist commercials and now some dog treat commercial.

dp7 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dp7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2011 at 4:49am
Ugh.  As mentioned in the Bing & Facebook ad, this guy says the (in my opinion) highly-annoying "uhh tiss uhh tiss uhh tiss" crap where people imitate a music beat. FDeadAngryK!  I want to claw my eyes out and barf whenever I hear someone saying this, all the while trying to act all cool.

And plus, if that guy really DJs, I'm sure he's spinning some soft rock and elevator music.  I highly doubt he jams to the latest club-hopping songs. LOL
Welcome to Commercial Land. This is a magical place where all women look up while eating, and it is perfectly acceptable to slurp the hell out of a Dannon yogurt cup.
iamthekiller View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iamthekiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2011 at 5:59am
The insurance commercial industry needs to die.
purrpickle View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purrpickle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2011 at 6:04am
I enjoy some of Esurance's latest ads, but not this one. I agree with d4everman that pigtails girl is pretty much the only saving grace of this commercial. Not 'DJ' guy. He's just annoying.
Your friendly neighborhood pickle thief with the heart of a kitten. :}
Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2011 at 2:35pm

This turkey-necked dolt in the commercial kinda reminds me of Baby Huey.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2011 at 5:26pm
Yes!  Baby Huey!  LOL
Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2011 at 6:19pm
For some reason, Pigtail Girl irks me. I think it's the smug look on her face that bothers me; I feel like punching her. And while I'm at it, I'll send a whap over to the dorky DJ, too.
sonkab View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sonkab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2011 at 6:30pm
I honestly can't tell if that girl went spray tanning, or if she just naturally looks that way.
dutchman063 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dutchman063 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2011 at 6:41pm
I dont know whats worse being layed off and not having a job or being subjected to nauseating insurance commercials and jg wentworth commercials while trying to watch TV
musicman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Formerly 0000

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2011 at 11:45pm
I don't have a sister.  I have all brothers.  Somehow this pigtail girl makes me understand how my friends felt about their sisters.  When they were kids they were usually annoyed by them. 
I usually thought they were cute and didn't get it.
She makes me get it.  She is not unattractive yet, at the same time she is completely unattractive to me.  Like Mooch says, those expressions on her face, that have some sort of know-it-all-ness about them.
I know she would have irked me if she was my sister.

By the way, You DJ on the weekends? is my favorite part of the commercial because it undermines little miss pc's snarky plan.

bwestfall View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwestfall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2011 at 3:24am
I have hated this one for a while but since no one else had posted I thought I was the only one it bothered.  When that big, blond guy starts making his dumb "music" noises I'd like to smack him. I don't think any of this series of commercials is very good and the ones with him in it are awful.  He seems to be really creepy. 
A new study finds that people who are chipper & happy live longer. Which is surprising because people who aren't chipper & happy want to kill people who are always chipper & happy. David Letterman
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2011 at 3:33am
Originally posted by Moochamoocha Moochamoocha wrote:

For some reason, Pigtail Girl irks me. I think it's the smug look on her face that bothers me; I feel like punching her. And while I'm at it, I'll send a whap over to the dorky DJ, too.

No I hate her too. Also no one over the age of 12 wears pig tails like that unless they go home to their 16 cats and cry about the fact that that guy on zoosk didn't wink back at them.

MM-ttt-MMM-ttt GOD I hate when people poorly imitate club music. By DJ I'm sure he meant a wedding DJ or jr high dance DJ. Club DJ? The bouncer wouldn't even let frump mc middle aged whitey inside. I hate how he's supposed to be the "good guy" in the ad. There IS NO good guy in this ad. I relate to none of them and hate them all!
It's ok, I'm in marketing!
d4everman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4everman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2011 at 6:48am
I think the only reason I like pigtail girl a little bit (and I mean a little, she's teetering on being annoying) is her expression and the fact that she reminds me of a vague childhood memory. Way WAY back in the 70's there was a TV ad for a local car dealership I believe in the Philadelphia/Delaware/ New Jersey area featuring a cheerleader type chick called "Mean Mary Jean, Superstar of our Team". Hey, I was a kid, maybe 7 years old but I recall that jingle. There were some college students renting an apartment near our house and one of them looked like Mean Mary Jean and consequently the pigtail girl. Whenever my friends and I saw her we'd sing the jingle and she'd laugh, and sometimes buy us ice cream.

Anyway, the commercial hear sucks. It offers none of the charm of a cheap 40 yr old commercial, nor does it make me (and probably anyone) want to look into esurance.

But if anyone else that was alive in the 70s and lived in the tri-state philly area remembers Mean Mary Jean, let me know!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2011 at 7:31am
Originally posted by d4everman d4everman wrote:

But if anyone else that was alive in the 70s and lived in the tri-state philly area remembers Mean Mary Jean, let me know!

I was alive and living in the tri-state area at the time, but, alas, I don't remember Mary Jean (probably because I was closer to NY).  However, I did live in Trenton for awhile, and I do remember the middle aged blonde cougar from Philly singing...

P I four two two hundred
P I four two two hundred
That's the number
For the plumber
P I four two two hundred

Anthony's!

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2011 at 7:43am
Wow.  Mary Jean was cute!  The pigtails look goood!

d4everman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4everman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2011 at 12:30pm
Hokey Smokes! So it wasn't an alchohol induced fever dream!
Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2011 at 3:40pm

Wow... I do believe that's Judy Strangis from "Electra Woman & Dyna Girl" playing Mean Mary Jean.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2011 at 4:25pm
Originally posted by Triple J Triple J wrote:

Wow... I do believe that's Judy Strangis from "Electra Woman & Dyna Girl" playing Mean Mary Jean.

You're right! 

From 1974 to 1975, Strangis was a pitchwoman for Chrysler Corporation in the role of "Mean Mary Jean". Wearing a football jersey and short denim hot-pants, she promoted the Plymouth "Duster" and "Road Runner" vehicle lines and often appeared at Chrysler promotions and auto shows around the country.

Tech View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2011 at 6:56pm
I thought I was the only one annoyed the most by pigtail girl. Also, she seems cross-eyed.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2011 at 7:26pm
Originally posted by Tech Tech wrote:

I thought I was the only one annoyed the most by pigtail girl. Also, she seems cross-eyed.

Pigtails, cross-eyed.  Wow.  Now if she was just a little bow-legged---just a teensy bit---she'd be extra-cute.

I like her.  She has some videos on Youtube, but they're nasty, and now Youtube is also requiring you to set up a Google account if you wanna look at nasty videos---and I just don't feel like keeping track of yet another password/username right now---so, if you wanna see 'em, go to Youtube and look up Suzi Barrett.

ThreadKiller View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreadKiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2011 at 2:22am
This commercial and everyone in it annoys me--except for the girl at the end who actually says, "You DJ on the weekends?"

She's sorta cute.
Hundreds of threads killed.
orion70 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orion70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2011 at 2:54pm
I actually like this one, including the oontz music. 
Jon_Bones View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jon_Bones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2011 at 5:31pm
I agree, the guy is annoying but that girls expression makes me want to smash my TV. Also, now that shes in like every other commercial, i have to be on the look out to switch channels at any time.
musicman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Formerly 0000

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2011 at 11:34pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Wow. Mary Jean was cute! The pigtails look goood!
Yep, going way off topic here again, but as I watch this commercial, I realize how shallow the advertising for cars was in those days. Very little was said about performance, economy, reliablility or anything else that really matters about a car.
Oh it has nice looking seats, nice carpet and a pretty roof.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic