Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Verizon Kid Helps Mom Shop for Tablets.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
CyberFox View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CyberFox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Verizon Kid Helps Mom Shop for Tablets.
    Posted: 16 Jun 2011 at 4:43am
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

The kid looks just like one we used to beat up at school, after P.E. ~ in fact, seems like one who we dragged under the bleachers and shaved his head, during a soccer game.

Not cool dude
^^
Sponsored Links

tvpirate05 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tvpirate05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2011 at 3:35am
How about the fact that he interrupts a grown folks conversation (okay, so the employee's probably about 22, but still)?...rude!

And slow clap for the rant on how commercials make adults look so dumb.
The poster formerly known as producer757
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2011 at 8:49pm
The kid looks just like one we used to beat up at school, after P.E. ~ in fact, seems like one who we dragged under the bleachers and shaved his head, during a soccer game.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
JasperGretsch View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JasperGretsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2011 at 5:57pm
Am I the only one who feels like this kid looks like he needs to grow into his hair and his eyebrows? ...if that makes sense lol
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2011 at 4:07am
The mother will have her revenge by posting his naked baby pics so that his friends will see them....

"And see how cute he is in this picture?  We dressed snoogums up like a widdle girl!"

LOL
purrpickle View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purrpickle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2011 at 11:49pm
The first time I saw this commercial, it made me laugh when the Verizon guy answered, "Only when I'm not wearing contacts." Every subsequential viewing just grates on my nerves. Especially since the mother started out like she actually knew what she was talking about until the kid completely bumps her out of the way. Okay, dude, you're young and 'hip'. That doesn't mean your mother knows nothing!
Your friendly neighborhood pickle thief with the heart of a kitten. :}
Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2011 at 10:33pm
I was trying to figure out what it is about this commercial that irked me when it suddenly hit me. I don't like that rapid fire, trying to one up each other type of conversation that they were having.

And that kid IS really weird-looking.
Stacy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stacy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2011 at 10:18pm
This "kid" to me is really more strange-looking than ugly...very weird-looking.
aspie1966 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aspie1966 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2011 at 5:59pm
when I first saw this commercial, I thought the kid looks kind of...."mousy"? Looks like a mouse.
Mommacita View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mommacita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2011 at 2:57pm
The kid need to go blow his nose so he won't sound so damn nasally.  
Bennett View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2011 at 2:41am
Ugh.  If this were my kid, I'd get neutered.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2011 at 10:11pm
Originally posted by dp7 dp7 wrote:

I can't believe nobody mentioned how annoying the little brat was when slurped his drink.  I mean, they zoomed in on it.  Why?!?  As for his face, I think it curves down/inward too much--kinda like a reverse Jay Leno chin, if you will. LOL 
WinkSorry, DP, ol'frien'.
Can't dwell on the small misgivings when this commercial is as so very wrong as it is in so very many ways...but, well, yea - guess they should slap the brat for having really bad manners; nobody in the commercial, along with their extended and adopted families ever heard of, much less might be anywhere near being able to spell maybe just...oh...one word...'Etiquette'.
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
dp7 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dp7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2011 at 3:02am
I can't believe nobody mentioned how annoying the little brat was when slurped his drink.  I mean, they zoomed in on it.  Why?!?  As for his face, I think it curves down/inward too much--kinda like a reverse Jay Leno chin, if you will. LOL 
Welcome to Commercial Land. This is a magical place where all women look up while eating, and it is perfectly acceptable to slurp the hell out of a Dannon yogurt cup.
DirtyD79 View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DirtyD79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2011 at 2:32am
I hate that smarmy little sh*tstain too. And seriously what the hell does some housefrau need that tablet for? So she can twitter about the boss tubesocks and tan slacks she found at wal-mart or how her SUV has more gaudy plastic trim on it than the neighbors'?
Mind on My Money, Money on My Beer
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2011 at 9:05pm
Wolfgang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wolfgang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2011 at 6:54pm
Originally posted by jerkylips jerkylips wrote:

not to be cruel (so you know something cruel is coming) but the first thing I thought of when I saw this commercial was , "man that is an ugly kid.."

LOL

That was my first reaction as well.  But seriously, there's something wrong with the kid's face.  His features are so small and far apart...I'm thinking maybe mommy and daddy were more like brother and sister...

Malcolm Reynolds View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malcolm Reynolds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2011 at 2:44am
I agree wholeheartedly.  If you don't know what a product is and what it's for, you don't need it.
"If you make your software idiot proof, nature will make a better idiot."
-Me
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2011 at 1:28am
Originally posted by Hezadancer Hezadancer wrote:

If you don't know anything about what you're buying, then chances are you don't need it. For heaven sake people, research this crap yourself at home and spare the poor worker. 
Big smileLove your attitude, HD...YOU are what the future holds.
Stay the path...
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2011 at 12:44am
Originally posted by Dr. Merciful Dr. Merciful wrote:

I actually happened to be in this Verizon store (they shoot most of them at the one in Torrance, CA) while they were shooting this, and at one point as I was being asked to leave since they were shooting a commercial I let loose with a prepared speech that I hoped would inspire applause at the end of it like in movies but alas they just called security.  Here is an abbreviated culling of my speech:

"Attention, the commercial you are filming is going to annoy all of us who see it.  Attention casting agency, where did you find this child who is either 12 or 45?  Must we continue to dopification of the american human?  The dumb boyfriend, the dumb husband, now the dumb mom?  Do you think we are mollified by your bizarre joke at the end about the chap's glasses?  Where is the 'Can you hear me now' guy?  I'd take that insipid mind muck over this soggy excuse for a script.  And to you, ad agency, sitting in video village on your fake leather couches with your latte this and your frappa-that, do you really think you are spinning lines of gold?  My demented patients (I am a really smart shrink) utterances have more with than this drivel!  Do you not realize we are all going to collectively clench our jaws and simply endure this horror until NBC's THE VOICE comes back on!!!  Have you no mercy!?  Have you no shame?  You think because some Yuk's paid you 100,000$ that what you spew is golden!?  Nay!  Nay a thousand times!  And don't even get me started on your 4GLTE Shenanigans!  We the people demand the truth, and we want it now! (pause for applause)  (which I didn't get).

Dr. M

Clap
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
jerkylips View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerkylips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2011 at 10:25pm
not to be cruel (so you know something cruel is coming) but the first thing I thought of when I saw this commercial was , "man that is an ugly kid.."
Thethelia thinkth my thoriathith ith thexthy
Mommacita View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mommacita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2011 at 9:44pm
I would have stood up and given you the most sincere 'slow clap' I could.  
Dr. Merciful View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. Merciful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2011 at 7:56pm
I actually happened to be in this Verizon store (they shoot most of them at the one in Torrance, CA) while they were shooting this, and at one point as I was being asked to leave since they were shooting a commercial I let loose with a prepared speech that I hoped would inspire applause at the end of it like in movies but alas they just called security.  Here is an abbreviated culling of my speech:

"Attention, the commercial you are filming is going to annoy all of us who see it.  Attention casting agency, where did you find this child who is either 12 or 45?  Must we continue to dopification of the american human?  The dumb boyfriend, the dumb husband, now the dumb mom?  Do you think we are mollified by your bizarre joke at the end about the chap's glasses?  Where is the 'Can you hear me now' guy?  I'd take that insipid mind muck over this soggy excuse for a script.  And to you, ad agency, sitting in video village on your fake leather couches with your latte this and your frappa-that, do you really think you are spinning lines of gold?  My demented patients (I am a really smart shrink) utterances have more with than this drivel!  Do you not realize we are all going to collectively clench our jaws and simply endure this horror until NBC's THE VOICE comes back on!!!  Have you no mercy!?  Have you no shame?  You think because some Yuk's paid you 100,000$ that what you spew is golden!?  Nay!  Nay a thousand times!  And don't even get me started on your 4GLTE Shenanigans!  We the people demand the truth, and we want it now! (pause for applause)  (which I didn't get).

Dr. M
Call Powell electric, they'll fix it in a flash!
LeahB View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeahB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2011 at 11:28pm
I'm a mom who knows about fiftyleven-thousand more things about computers than my kids do. I resent the "dopey mom" bent of this commercial. And the smug way he says, "My job here is done." Ugh!
tarheelmed02 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tarheelmed02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2011 at 8:43am
Totally agree, any mom or for that matter anyone with higher neural cortex who feels he or she needs a tablet should no will to be water boarded.  Oh I'm sorry, is using a physical keyboard to update your FB status for the umpteenth time about your kid or grandkid's day with gram gram just too uncool?!!! Grrr.  VZW is def. vying for the gigantic c**k award with AT&T and Apple goin toe to toe.  Add this one and the know it all girl/lemonade stand one along with those "real time" ads with the hipster douches trying to DL stuff before a rocket blows up the modem.  Really, a F'n rocket.  I despise VZW though I have their service, like big Insurance and Big banks, their ads are garbage.  
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2011 at 4:13am
Mr. Crotchety Gets A Job At Verizon  (He's old and a little hard of hearing.  And easily irritated.  By everybody....)

"You want what, you little douchebag?  Get some damn clay and make your own @#%& tablet!  Stupid little prick...."

LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic