Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Travelocity beach couple

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wankel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Travelocity beach couple
    Posted: 27 May 2011 at 2:00am
The one where they look at their daughter and predict she will be an architect.  Shallow end of the gene pool.
Sponsored Links

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2011 at 2:13am
Originally posted by Wankel Wankel wrote:

The one where they look at their daughter and predict she will be an architect.  Shallow end of the gene pool.

Sounds bad got a video????
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2011 at 4:42am
I find this commercial funny.

You look like a beach angel!

Look!  I found sand!

LOL

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2011 at 4:43am
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

Originally posted by Wankel Wankel wrote:

Sounds bad got a video????

Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2011 at 5:48pm
Nothing I hate more then fat shlubby guys + family. YOU LOOK LIKE A BEACH ANGEL. My ass she does. You and your entire family are borderline mentally retarded.
It's ok, I'm in marketing!
JasperGretsch View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JasperGretsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2011 at 5:56pm
I hate hate HATE the scream that she does after he says she looks like a beach angel. The version they show here ends right after that.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2011 at 6:43pm
LOLThat commercial is simply so stupid that I actually like it.
Maybe I *know* 'people like that'...except I still find it odd that 'Dad' gets excited about 'bringing Rodrigo home'...and, well...WTF is a 'Beach Angel'???!LOL 
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
JasperGretsch View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JasperGretsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2011 at 7:19pm
A  beach angel is like a snow angel only beet red though slathered with suntan lotion, and crammed into a speedo.

I know that doesn't sound like an angel,but hey I don't make this stuff up.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2011 at 7:27pm
Originally posted by JasperGretsch JasperGretsch wrote:

A  beach angel is like a snow angel only beet red though slathered with suntan lotion, and crammed into a speedo.

I know that doesn't sound like an angel,but hey I don't make this stuff up.
Confuseduhh...aren't those 'speedo' thingies what be worn by fat Italian GUYS?
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Yutolia View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yutolia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2011 at 1:03am
Unfortunately, it seems to go for all European men (or maybe not all, but all European countries are representing in the Speedo travesty).

There is a lake in Novgorod (in Russia). My class and I were visiting during peak tourist season, so when we were walking by the lake on the way into the old town, we saw lots of people heading the swim. Several of them were very overweight, but one stuck out in all of our minds - because of his damn speedo. The guy was bordering on morbidly obese, and the speedo was so small it could only be seen from the front, and then only from where his stomach no longer hung over it.

For the first time in my life, I wish I had a picture of that nightmare...Dead

I've had my share of weight troubles and even now that I have lost it, I still try not to judge people for their weight issues. But people should also know that there are just some things that they shouldn't wear out in public.
"Xbox Live is an online homophobia club for pre-teen Tourette’s sufferers." - Brockway, Cracked.com
ratattack View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ratattack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2011 at 8:56am
Oh I don't know, I kinda like it.  Its funny in a stupid way, and the husband reminds me of Zack Galifianakis, he even sounds like him.  Actually, "Beach Angel"  sounds like something that he would say. 
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2011 at 12:43am
Originally posted by JasperGretsch JasperGretsch wrote:

I hate hate HATE the scream that she does after he says she looks like a beach angel. The version they show here ends right after that.

ConfusedThe AdGod above must have heard you! There is a NEW version of this commercial (or new to me, at least) where the scream has been replaced with her saying "we have a great family".
So lame...the ugly nasaly-nekkid scream was better - the original 'long version' is the best (and really makes one wonder about 'The Rodrigo').
(same vid Thor posted earlier in this thread)
Agent_Sometime View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Agent_Sometime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2011 at 6:58am
I like the commercial. The point of them acting like fools is that the announcer says, "Things seem 45% better when blahblahblah..."
prolefeedprocessor View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote prolefeedprocessor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2011 at 7:26am
This honestly reminded me of being stoned. Everything's just....just fantastic. The pure ecstatic joy on the little girl's face when she says, "I found sand!" This commercial is hilarious if you just watch it with the assumption that the whole family is baked.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2011 at 3:49pm
Originally posted by prolefeedprocessor prolefeedprocessor wrote:

This honestly reminded me of being stoned. Everything's just....just fantastic. The pure ecstatic joy on the little girl's face when she says, "I found sand!" This commercial is hilarious if you just watch it with the assumption that the whole family is baked.
(first, I absolutely love this commercial - and the "I found sand!"-scene is to die for)
LOL"reminded you of being stoned?" Did you go somewhere or do something, but forgot you WERE stoned? Don't you hate it when that happens? Like, say...were you downtown window-shopping, or maybe  at the neighborhood Y'all-Mart and saw the commercial on a T.V.?
"...holy cow! That's one strange commer....WHOA! What am I doing here in *this* condition?!!!"
That REALLY sucks - especially if you aren't good at getting yourself presentable for public viewing.
~~~
I think this commercial is a direct result of our youthful misgivings; we are being made to laugh for our sins - at our chromosomically-damaged and bent children and grandchildren. The shame we should be enduring!  ....nawwwwww.......... 
I still think it is funny as can be, but I do not care for the new, short "...we are fantastic parents"-version that replaces the "Beach Angel"; THIS commercial was meant to be whacked.

RDezzano View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RDezzano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2011 at 4:04pm
I like it -
because it gives raises my self-esteem knowing that there are people who are even more stupid and ridiculous than me!

Unlike others, I do laugh at the woman's "beach angel" scream. There are plenty of other commercials to genuinely hate, but not this one. 
Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2011 at 5:57pm
The woman is screaming like that because she's happy. It's a happy laugh when he says, "You look like a beach angel." :D
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2011 at 6:37pm
They're just a happy and perhaps just slightly retarded family.  I'll bet they all go out riding their Pee Wee Herman bikes together, complete with helmets.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2011 at 7:05pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

They're just a happy and perhaps just slightly retarded family.  I'll bet they all go out riding their Pee Wee Herman bikes together, complete with helmets.
ShockedHow insensitive! You referred to them as 'retarded'...they could be Canadian, doncha know! And, well...what's wrong with a PeeWee Herman Bike?
dutchman063 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dutchman063 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2011 at 7:43pm
I like this one!..  redneck couple at the beach..   its hilarious
Ultron 5 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ultron 5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2011 at 11:02pm
I'm seeing more and more fat unkempt men in commercials this summer.

The message?....Just give up!
I comfort the disturbed and disturb the comfortable.
jerkylips View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerkylips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2011 at 3:09pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

ShockedHow insensitive! You referred to them as 'retarded'...they could be Canadian, doncha know! And, well...what's wrong with a PeeWee Herman Bike?

[one of my favorite Office/Michael Scott quotes]

Michael: (to the camera) You don't call retarded people retards. It's bad taste. You call your friends retards...................when they are acting retarded. And I consider Oscar a friend.

Thethelia thinkth my thoriathith ith thexthy
Mommacita View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mommacita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2011 at 2:27pm
I think it's so stupid it's funny  :D  I wouldn't mind keeping a 'Rodrigo"- Where can Lil Momma get one of those?
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2011 at 3:06pm
Originally posted by Mommacita Mommacita wrote:

I think it's so stupid it's funny  :D  I wouldn't mind keeping a 'Rodrigo"- Where can Lil Momma get one of those?

Here's a "Rodrigo" who might be available (if you can find him).

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2011 at 4:56am
Confused...here's the 'modified perfect parents'...bring back the 'Beach Angel', please. This wasn't necessary.

...but, we *could* have the Canadian couple (not sure anyone has seen this oneLOL)...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic