Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What is up with Carrie Fisher's Voice?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ambrosia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What is up with Carrie Fisher's Voice?
    Posted: 23 May 2011 at 8:00pm
I looked and looked but couldn't find the one commercial where her speech is really slurred...so I'll post another video where you can detect it somewhat.  In all of her Jenny Craig ads, her speech is REALLY garbled....like she is talking with a mouth full of peanut butter.  She never used to sound like this!

Sponsored Links

drakkonia View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drakkonia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2011 at 8:46pm
She never used to look like that either.
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2011 at 10:25pm
Good to see Jenny Craig down in the "fat trench", trying to get people over the top.
Big Momma View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
I donated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Momma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2011 at 12:12am
I can't stand this ad, I loath this type of stuff! notice the fine print?......"results not typical" hmmmmAngry
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2011 at 1:07am
I noticed it, too.  I thought maybe there was a problem with her facial muscles.  If you look at her mouth, it seems really tight, especially at the corners.  My diagnosis---Botox.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2011 at 1:11am
Mini stroke, maybe?

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2011 at 2:21am
She's had a long, hard life....
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2011 at 2:24am
And a few other "long, hard" things, too.... Big smile
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2011 at 2:24am
Maybe that's part of the "throat problem", too..... WinkBig smile

Call me Hot Dog, cause I'm on a roll!!!!!

C'mon, man!
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2011 at 2:26am
They didn't call her "Princess Leeeeeeeaaaaaahhhh" for nothing.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2011 at 2:27am
Originally posted by Hootman Hootman wrote:

They didn't call her "Princess Leeeeeeeaaaaaahhhh" for nothing.

Shoulda been LeeeeeUUUUUNNNNGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!  UUUUUNNNGGGGHHHH!!!!  UUUNNNGGGHHH!!!!!

C'mon, man!
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2011 at 2:30am
I never could spell that...
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2011 at 4:17am
Originally posted by ambrosia ambrosia wrote:

I looked and looked but couldn't find the one commercial where her speech is really slurred...so I'll post another video where you can detect it somewhat.  In all of her Jenny Craig ads, her speech is REALLY garbled....like she is talking with a mouth full of peanut butter.  She never used to sound like this!

Jabba the Hutt, oral, explains everything.  'nuff said....  LOL
ambrosia View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ambrosia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2011 at 11:46am
You guys are making me LOL !
Big Momma View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
I donated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Momma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2011 at 2:28pm
They keep playing this damn thing! I think the girl is on something!!!
ambrosia View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ambrosia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2011 at 2:56pm
Originally posted by Big Momma Big Momma wrote:

See, that is kind of what I was thinking too.  Painkillers or something.  She doesn't look drunk so I would hesitate to say alcohol, but if I was just listening to her speak....it's almost a drunken slur to me.  
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2011 at 3:48pm
Brain damage from all the booze & drugs in her past.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2011 at 3:50pm

Originally posted by Big Momma Big Momma wrote:

See, that is kind of what I was thinking too.  Painkillers or something.  She doesn't look drunk so I would hesitate to say alcohol, but if I was just listening to her speak....it's almost a drunken slur to me.  

Well, she's had problems with alcohol, drugs and painkillers.  On top of that, she's manic-depressive and regularly gets electro-shock therapy.

She's a mess.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2011 at 5:08pm
Confused"...the snacks are aaauuuwwwwsome!..."

Wonder what's in them there 'brownies'?
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2011 at 9:40pm
WTF HAPPENED TO HER!!!??? She used to be so pretty, now she looks like shes been put through the ringer. Confused

One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
bwestfall View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwestfall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2011 at 10:45pm
She has had a really gravely, deep voice for many years, as previously said maybe due to smokin', tokin' and other drugs.
A new study finds that people who are chipper & happy live longer. Which is surprising because people who aren't chipper & happy want to kill people who are always chipper & happy. David Letterman
ambrosia View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ambrosia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2011 at 11:00pm
See, the latest I had seen her in anything previous to this series of commercials was in Austin Powers...I'm thinking around 1999.  I think she still sounded ok as of then.  I didn't realize she had gone through so much with tokin and smokin....Shocked
Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2011 at 11:25pm

I miss the old Carrie...

ambrosia View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ambrosia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2011 at 12:12am
Broken Heart
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2011 at 12:25am

Broken Heart

Heart on

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic