Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Samsung Infuse woman screaming at spider

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2011 at 3:18am

Camel Spiders are scary.

My oldest son played with them in AfgyLand for a few years... camel spider pic1

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Sponsored Links

MrButler View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater
Formerly Angry Lil Fat Man

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrButler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2011 at 1:18am
It's not funny it's dumb. It's a damn spider on a damn CELLPHONE and i would be pissed if that happened to my phone!
ThreadKiller View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreadKiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2011 at 3:51am

I just saw this one...much, much better.

Very peaceful...no screaming, no pounding of shoe, and actually quite clever. Would get a 10 from the East German judge.
Hundreds of threads killed.
Zach6848 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zach6848 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2011 at 5:31pm
The whole thing that baffles me about this one...

Tarantulas really aren't that dangerous. The spiders, even the small ones, that you find in your house, are much more likely to be harmful if they bite you.

Arachnophobia is one of those fears that I don't understand. 95% of arachnids aren't harmful, infact, they're highly beneficial when it comes to pest control. The other 5% have a poisonous bite, but they won't bite you as long you're not messing with them.

Sure, arachnids are kind of scary/intimidating looking and the way they move is slightly creepy, but it's quite likely that most people living in the US will never run across an arachnid that's highly dangerous. Because really, none of them are highly dangerous. These spiders don't seek out people just to bite them. They cannot eat us, therefore, why would they be interested in trying to bite something that can kill them with one motion of their finger?

This commercial is loud and obnoxious, and it also exploits one of the most common unjustified fears.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2011 at 6:02pm
I killed two Black Widows on my property this AM.  I understand they're only dangerous to the very old, the very young, and the sick.  But I dunno if they're dangerous to small animals.  In fact, I don't even know if they can bite a furry animal, but I don't want to take the chance.

MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2011 at 4:50am
I think I figured out the "hidden message" put in this ad by the producers:  She HATES the phone.  Which means that I should hate it too.... Big smile
lsquare View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lsquare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2011 at 2:59pm
We hit the mute button every time. Sexist ad too (woman screaming mindlessly over stupid spider)
KrissyBean View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KrissyBean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2011 at 3:14pm
God, I fell asleep with the TV on last night and this damn commercial came on at like 3am. Damn near gave me a heart attack. Woke me up out of my sleep. I had no idea what was going on til I looked at my TV and was like....."Oh you gotta be kidding me".......
Bears. Beets. Battlestar Gallactica.
GMEllist625 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GMEllist625 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2011 at 2:17am
I hate this commercial so much I searched for a forum to express my hate and found this! Screaming is too loud, too long and very irritating.

If Samsung wants to claim the screen is that realistic then put something pleasant on it! How about money? Dessert mints on the table? I don't know, something that doesn't make people scream!
GMEllist625 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GMEllist625 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2011 at 2:19am
Yes! The fish and the bird are a big improvement!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2011 at 2:42pm
Originally posted by GMEllist625 GMEllist625 wrote:

I hate this commercial so much I searched for a forum to express my hate and found this! Screaming is too loud, too long and very irritating.

As if the screaming isn't bad enough, it's followed by the sound of that guy smashing the thing.  Over and over.  I don't know what he's smashing it with, and I don't wanna have to take another look at the commercial in order to find out. 

And then, there's the sound of everything on the table, rattling around. 

This commercial is jarring from beginning to end, and is one of the few commercials I really have to hit my mute button for.  I just can't ignore it.  It really should be confined to the G4 channel, whose main audience seems to have an affinity for these sorts of loud, over-the-top commercials (like that "Bad Game" commercial). 

NJtoTX View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJtoTX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2011 at 1:31pm
I just quit AT&T for Verizon and I really wish I had cited this commercial as my reason for quitting. It definitely was a reason I decided to get the Droid Charge instead of the Infuse.

It is THAT painful, both physically and emotionally. The first few times I was so rattled, and long after the ad aired. I can imagine how my son would have reacted when he was 2 or 3 - he was terrified of ET for years after the scene where Eliot and ET meet and both scream.

FYI - I've held a tarantula. They are fragile - hold them low so if they fall, they don't lose a leg.
Cherry_Carver View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherry_Carver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2012 at 6:57am
When I was a little girl in rural California, I lived with all kinds of creatures.  Lizards, snakes, frogs, horny toads, big, red fuzzy ants that went "beep beep beep," black ants that carried huge seeds every autumn like the ants in National Geographic, bobcats, mountain lions, and foxes, just to name a few.

And tarantulas.

My best friend and I saw them cross the road every day.  They minded their own business, like all the other creatures we saw and respected.  That's how we were raised: to respect all living creatures. 

One day we stood and watched in horror as a driver on our road swerved to deliberately crush a tarantula crossing the road. 

We cried.  The spider wasn't a threat to the driver or anyone else.  It just wanted to cross the road.  I don't understand why people kill spiders just because some jackass said spiders should be killed and ladybugs shouldn't--some ignorant rule my kindergarten teacher told me, which I rejected. 

Bottom line: I have no right to kill you unless you attack me.  I have picked up black widows, wolf spiders, and tarantulas so that I could put them in a safe place.  I've never been bitten or hurt in any way by any spider or insect.

Live and let live.
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2012 at 8:26am
^We had those red fuzzy ants in Arizona!!! I loved playing with them. I caught a bunch at home and took them to school in an applesauce jar once (sans applesauce). I loved playing with Earwigs, Walking Sticks, Praying Manti (Mantises?)...well, up until one prayer pinched me. Loved tarantulas, but never handled one.

Oh, and Peacocks! There was a Monestary somewhat near to our house (possibly 2-3 miles away) with a large meditation pond (with koi), nature walks, and a LOT of peacocks, I grew up loving the sound of them crying, and they were surprisingly tame and good-natured. I still vividly remember an instance where I saw a male showing off, and I twirled my finger to direct him to turn around so I could look at his feathers. He actually DID turn around. And when I reversed my finger he turned in the opposite direction.

There was a Blue Heron on the property too. I saw him once, but he flew away rather quickly. It's still one of the most beautiful things I've ever witnessed in my life.

Ah, now I'm nostalgic XD

We only killed seriously poisonous arachnids - black widows, brown recluse, scorpians - and the occasional pestulant insects (Those beetles that congregate where Elm trees grow, mosquitoes). Amittedly, it was mainly because of a combination of my mother's fretting due to being a Health and Safety major and us living in a rural enough area that eliminating them wasn't so much pest control as the only way of guaranting they didn't start offering to pay rent.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2012 at 2:57pm
I see no reason to kill most insects (or other small creatures).  The way I see it is that these things get one life, and that's all they have.  Why end it for them?

Last night, I had a buncha people over.  There was this crane fly (see below) annoying us in the kitchen.  It especially annoyed a 7 y/o girl who wanted it killed.  Sorry, not gonna do it.  I caught it in my hand and released it out the door.  These things are absolutely harmless.

On the other hand, if I get an infestation of ants in the  house, out comes the Raid.

Synesthesia View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2012 at 4:17pm
Well, crane flies are totally harmless so I am glad you didn't kill it.

Ants are rather cute.

I love my pet wolf spiders. They are such cute spider ladies.
Is this love big enough to watch over me?
Big enough to let go of me
Without hurting me,
Like the day I learned to swim?-Kate Bush The Fog
Stacy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stacy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2012 at 4:59pm
I don't like to kill anything that's not bothering me or threatening me; it's bad karma.
Umbrella Girl View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Umbrella Girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2012 at 5:42pm
I feel the same way about living creatures, no matter they are or how small they are.  It's still a life.

Unlike many women, insects and rodents don't freak me out, and I would only kill them if they were a threat in some way or infesting my house.

There are a couple of critters that DO gross me out - earth worms and slugs.  But I would never purposely kill them.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2012 at 5:45pm
Originally posted by Synesthesia Synesthesia wrote:

Ants are rather cute.

Not when you look inside your box of cereal or inside a $20 bag of pet food, and see it moving in place.

Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2012 at 5:52pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Originally posted by Synesthesia Synesthesia wrote:

Ants are rather cute.

Not when you look inside your box of cereal or inside a $20 bag of pet food, and see it moving in place.

And definitely not after you watch THEM!
Angry McPisseron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2012 at 9:21pm
Originally posted by Cherry_Carver Cherry_Carver wrote:

...And tarantulas.

My best friend and I saw them cross the road every day.  They minded their own business, like all the other creatures we saw and respected.  That's how we were raised: to respect all living creatures. 

One day we stood and watched in horror as a driver on our road swerved to deliberately crush a tarantula crossing the road. 

We cried.  The spider wasn't a threat to the driver or anyone else.  It just wanted to cross the road.  I don't understand why people kill spiders just because some jackass said spiders should be killed and ladybugs shouldn't--some ignorant rule my kindergarten teacher told me, which I rejected. 

That's just totally phucked up!!! AngryCryAngry
That driver needs to have his hands cut off and then get spanked with them. DeadAngryDead

Back in the early-1990s (when I lived by myself with no insectophobic or arachnaphobic sister & stepmother in the place) I had not one, but two pet tarantulas. A male Mexican Red Legs whom I named, "Spidey" and a female Zebra Tarantula that I named, "Christina" -- Christina was named after chief Miles Obrien's pet spider on the Star Trek: TNG episode, "Realm of Fear".

I had Spidey and Christina long before I got on the web or even had a camera, so I cannot document them with photographs.

I also used to have pet rats -- I say "used to" here for the same reason I no longer have pet tarantulas...here are a few photographs of some of the fuzzbombs I used to have:

(Top): This is Veemon, a pet rat that I used to have {yes, that link leads to my website about my own rats}.

(Center): This is Missy, the national TV wonder rat.
She appeared on the TV program "America's Funniest Home Videos" in late-1998; she was shown stealing cigerettes out of my package and then running across the back of the couch with them.

(Bottom): And these are Scittles and Scabbers; two rats that I adopted from the Seattle Humane Society in early-February 2001.

Synesthesia View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2012 at 11:00pm
i love rats. i want a rat. Or 2
Is this love big enough to watch over me?
Big enough to let go of me
Without hurting me,
Like the day I learned to swim?-Kate Bush The Fog
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic