Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Samsung Infuse woman screaming at spider

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2011 at 12:23am
You can all sit here and claim you think spiders are cute, but there isn't a single person in this thread that wouldn't cry like a little girl at the sight of a camel spider.
Sponsored Links

robodog View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robodog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2011 at 12:44am
This woman can't tell the difference between a real spider and a picture on a cell phone. So obviously not only is she a drama queen of epic proportions but also a complete and total idiot. It's probably best she not breed. Then again if she's stupid enough not to be able to tell a real spider from a picture on a screen she'll probably get herself killed before she gets the chance.
SeanyGenovese View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeanyGenovese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2011 at 8:42am
Er... I guess wallpapers of bikini babes would be a really bad idea with this phone, eh?
Conforming To Abnormality
Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2011 at 3:34pm
That woman's scream made me jump. Granted, I would scream the same way if I saw a tarantula (I hate spiders; sorry to all you arachnid lovers), but I'm smart enough to know the difference between a real spider and one on a screen.
dutchman063 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dutchman063 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2011 at 3:47pm
The screaming was way over the top....   dont like it
kicket View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kicket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2011 at 3:14am
Again who is THAT stupid?
you will find 90% of my responses is who is that stupid enough with the stupid dumb ass commercials.
Chisoxfan311 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chisoxfan311 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2011 at 5:59pm
I hate almost as much as her screaming is that she is just repeating what "Dave" says
Angry McPisseron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2011 at 6:52pm
Originally posted by Synesthesia Synesthesia wrote:

Wuss. I'm not afraid of a little spider.

Tarantulas are cute.

+++ on this one as well...I used to have tarantulas as pets; they aren't scary at all. LOL

tvpirate05 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tvpirate05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2011 at 5:20am
I like the commercial, but it does get a bit overplayed.

The woman is a blithering idiot, and jackass with the wine bottle would be paying the deductible for my replacement phone.
The poster formerly known as producer757
mimi9day View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mimi9day Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2011 at 4:30pm
I HATE this commercial.  I hate loud screaming (unless it's real life and someone's in mortal danger.)  This commercial makes me hit the mute button every time--and remember the one from Dairy Queen when the guy pretends to get his tongue caught in a mixer blade?  Extra-loud screaming on t.v. scares little kids and old ladies and people sleeping, and irritates everyone else.  STOP IT!!!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2011 at 7:14pm

The screaming is annoying.  Plus, it goes on about twice as long as it needs to.  I don't get the whole screaming-at-spiders (or mice or rattle snake or whatever) thing, anyway---even if it was really there.  At most, I'd give out a loud "Whoa!", and that's about it.  I might even be in fear, but I won't be screaming.

Buffalo Bill View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Buffalo Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2011 at 7:29pm
Why does a picture of a spider just randomly appear on his phone anyway?
---------------
THIS IS MY SIGNATURE. NOT THE LINE ABOVE.
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2011 at 8:01pm
Probably his screen saver.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2011 at 8:29pm
Originally posted by Hootman Hootman wrote:

Probably his screen saver.
WinkFor that very reason alone, that sick puppy deserved to have his "smart phone" turned into rubbage - really! WHO wants a screen saver with a spider on it? Isn't that kind of in line with having baby pictures on your credit cards?
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
DirtyD79 View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DirtyD79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2011 at 1:41am
I really wish TVs had a button or knob you know something to turn up the intelligence. I mean really it's a picture on a cellphone you imbiciles. This doesn't make me want to buy a new cell phone. It makes me think "By Odin's Beard, we are becoming a nation of morons!!!"
Mind on My Money, Money on My Beer
Synesthesia View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2011 at 3:28am
Spiders are so pretty. Someone is going to mail me some.
Is this love big enough to watch over me?
Big enough to let go of me
Without hurting me,
Like the day I learned to swim?-Kate Bush The Fog
belc0011 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote belc0011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2011 at 3:47am
I thought this was funny the first time I saw it.  Then, the second time and on (I believe we're on 7,364 now) it annoyed the crap out of me.  First, the screaming is SO loud and goes on for SO long.  My son had just fallen asleep for his nap the other day, and this commercial literally woke him up from the next room over!  Granted, it was one of those channels where you have to turn the volume WAY up to hear the show, and then the commercials come on and blast you away, but still!  Second, who screams like that at a spider?  I am terrified of spiders...TERRIFIED...and I would not scream like that at a spider, even a tarantula.  I would more than likely gasp and jump back from the table like a complete spaz, but there's no way screams like that would be issued from my mouth.  Also, the second you smacked the "spider" you would know right away it was a phone and not a spider - you wouldn't just keep wailing away at it, pause to look at the busted phone, and then hit it again.  Annoying.
Bring me the head of a pig, and a goblet of something cool and refreshing
gilly78201 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gilly78201 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2011 at 2:16am
I knew there had to be a thread about this one. I cant stand this commercial, its like her scream gives me an ugly feeling, I've never seen someone die in pain, but I imagine it sounds like that. I love a good scream in a horror movie, but this one, I hate.
ThreadKiller View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreadKiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2011 at 1:20am

I'm with some of you who thought this commercial was funny...the first time. Now I find it incredibly annoying. Its only redeeming quality is that it allows me to visualize what I'd like to do with a lot of peoples' smartphones.

Seriously, I'm very, very tired of smartphone zombies sitting in meetings, in their cars, in a restaurant, or walking down the street with their nose stuck in their smartphone.

Hundreds of threads killed.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2011 at 2:11am
Originally posted by ThreadKiller ThreadKiller wrote:

I'm with some of you who thought this commercial was funny...the first time. Now I find it incredibly annoying. Its only redeeming quality is that it allows me to visualize what I'd like to do with a lot of peoples' smartphones.

Seriously, I'm very, very tired of smartphone zombies sitting in meetings, in their cars, in a restaurant, or walking down the street with their nose stuck in their smartphone.

Thank You, TK - I'm with you at least 100%...I am not a 'smart phone' fan; do not and will not own one. In fact, I lean away from just the folks you describe.
Again, there is a new documentary on '101 Greatest Gadgets That Changed The World'' very new and very good. And...I'll spoil it - the 'smart phone' is #1.
It changed society (like all the others).
In my opinion, in a not entirely a good way...chat and email is one thing - directly communicating with one's eyes and body language is entirely much more important. Social skills are important and 'smart phones' appear to eliminate the need for one to enhance and utilize them in many ways.
They also allow people to be total spineless assholes since they never need to stand in front of a crowd and actually speak their thoughts convincingly. 
When it comes to business, sure - there WILL be 'an APP for that'; are you kidding? $$$
When it comes to leading a charge; forget it - it can be a tool, but no more than that - someone that it 'linked in' continually is no more than a valuable robot. I treat them kindly (I'll have a use for them sometime), but I do not have a lot of time for them...generally, no social skills...
I can go on and on about the damned things...but I'll stop with a 'high-level' opinion.

"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2011 at 4:09am
Too bad his screen saver pic wasn't that of a dead goldfish.  Then she could have flushed the phone down the toilet.... LOL
Agent_Sometime View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Agent_Sometime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2011 at 7:32am
It really wouldn't be bad if the screaming didn't go on for so damn long. :\

Who would do that in real life? Maybe you'll scream once and back away, but just standing there screaming that long?
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2011 at 1:41pm
Pa, don't you work from home for the most part?
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2011 at 10:57pm
Originally posted by Hootman Hootman wrote:

Pa, don't you work from home for the most part?
ConfusedI still maintain an office in the city; I'd *like* to go meet with the leet geeks once a week, and the real programmers monthly. My immediate team all work from home these days; we meet once or twice a year. 
ThreadKiller View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreadKiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2011 at 2:33am
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Originally posted by ThreadKiller ThreadKiller wrote:

...When it comes to leading a charge; forget it - it can be a tool, but no more than that - someone that it 'linked in' continually is no more than a valuable robot.

Absolutely with you, Pa.

And a true robot story for you...my office building adjoins an 8-story parking garage. The building's main entrance is on an outdoor mezzanine one level above the street, which also has an entrance to level 3 of the garage. When I'm going home at night, I get on the parking garage elevator at 3 and ride up to 5, where I always park.

So this one night, I get on the garage elevator. There's one other person on there, who obviously got on at the ground level. This guy is staring down at his smartphone. The elevator button for level 7 is already pushed (by the other guy) and I push 5. Elevator gets to 5, I get off, and then realize smartphone guy walked off the elevator right behind me. This guy was so totally oblivious, he didn't realize someone else got on the elevator and pushed another floor!!!

So we're both walking up past all the cars, and I keep glancing around to see if the guy is still there. He is, and his nose is STILL stuck in his phone.

After we get about halfway up the ramp, maybe 150 feet from the elevators, phone boy finally comes to, looks around, and realizes he got off on the wrong floor. He turns around and starts trudging back toward the elevators.

Seriously, I laughed out and said "IDIOT!" so loud I know the guy had to hear me.

Hundreds of threads killed.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic