Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Samsung Infuse woman screaming at spider

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dp7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Samsung Infuse woman screaming at spider
    Posted: 19 May 2011 at 2:13am

Why do ad execs think LOUD NOISES in ads will make them buy products?  I mean, come the (bleep) on! Angry  This is on my list of mute-worthy ads.  Even with the major annoyance, I have to admit it is funny the woman saw the spider on the phone and screamed.  But seriously, even if the colors were realistic (as the ad claims), wouldn't the lack of a 3D rendering of the spider cause anyone with half a brain to think it is fake?  I could see if it was a hologram, or something.

And plus, who has a freaking tarantula as their phone wallpaper? Shocked
Welcome to Commercial Land. This is a magical place where all women look up while eating, and it is perfectly acceptable to slurp the hell out of a Dannon yogurt cup.
Sponsored Links

Synesthesia View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2011 at 2:28am
Wuss. I'm not afraid of a little spider.

Tarantulas are cute.
Is this love big enough to watch over me?
Big enough to let go of me
Without hurting me,
Like the day I learned to swim?-Kate Bush The Fog
ScribbleyDoibus View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScribbleyDoibus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2011 at 4:54pm
i thought this one was actually funny...
Malcolm Reynolds View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malcolm Reynolds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2011 at 5:21pm
Originally posted by Synesthesia Synesthesia wrote:

Wuss. I'm not afraid of a little spider.

Tarantulas are cute.

/\ that.
"If you make your software idiot proof, nature will make a better idiot."
-Me
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2011 at 9:42pm
I LOLED it's perfect!Clap
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2011 at 2:21am
ConfusedThanks for posting this POS, DP...damned commercial makes me jump every time it plays!

I wanna put a sock in that sreeitch's mouth so darned badly! If'n she's scared of something maybe four inches long and furry, well...slap that same wallpaper (or, maybe something else monstrous & furry) on the netbook and give her a real thrill..ya know - like, oh, say...a mad badger?

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Cherry_Carver View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherry_Carver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2011 at 10:07am
I like spiders.  This commercial gives every tarantula out there a death sentence.  Tarantulas are beautiful, but they get killed because most people are so f**king stupid that they think the mere existence of a spider is reason to smash it.  Screw you, Samsung.  Angry
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2011 at 6:35pm
Yeah! I agree. They're so cute. I saw some at the reptile expo. Adorable little things with their sweet tiny eyes. Awwww. They really aren't anything to fear.
Without hurting me,
ProudHeart86 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudHeart86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2011 at 7:25pm

I fell asleep with the tv on, but the volume turned down quite considerably.  After about 4 hours of peaceful sleeping, this damn commercial STILL startled me and woke me the heck up! 

Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2011 at 9:05pm
Except for the way over done screaming, I thought it was funny. Hate to see her if a real house spider lands on her shoulder.Shocked
CJS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CJS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2011 at 7:15am
Agree the screaming goes on WAY too long. Unfortunately I think this one will be "done to death" the way so many commercials are. Loudness doesn't make me buy the product; it sends me running for the remote. Will be glad when this one goes away.
sonkab View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sonkab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2011 at 4:55am
Man I can't wait to see all the hate this will get.  If there was ever a reason to resurrect Dahmer...
bonesquat View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bonesquat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2011 at 4:35pm
This one sucks. I hate how the old guy keeps smacking the table over and over. It's not funny. It's typical cliche crap. Woman screams at spider. Everyone laughs....*rolls eyes until they pop out of head*
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2011 at 12:25am
Hurm. Only time I scream over spiders is to say *sQUEE*! IT'S A SPIDER! HOW CUTE!

I will brain wash people into loving spiders.
Without hurting me,
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2011 at 2:24am
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2011 at 3:14am
Awww. I think it's adorable.
Without hurting me,
tarheelmed02 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tarheelmed02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2011 at 4:25am
finally saw this commercial, holy flunking schmit it was blood curdling.  The length of the scream is over the top, who screams for that long, and I agree what sane adult can't tell a real spider from an electronic rendering, I mean really?!  and the spazz who wails on the phone and detroys it. I'd be pissed at the jackhole!  Lound noise ads needs to be retired!!!!!!!!!!
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2011 at 11:05pm
I used to love this commercial now I hate it for it's sheer stupidity!Angry 
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
texasdeck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote texasdeck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2011 at 4:53am
Originally posted by Hootman Hootman wrote:

-------------------------

Thanks a lot Hootman

I saw the picture you posted and started screaming bloody murder and my wife came into the office and took a hammer to my monitor.

One other thing...watch the guy that has the shoe.  Does he have it in his pants???  Cause he sure doesn't reach down far enough to get it off his foot.

Now, I really hate this commercial!!!
IronKnight View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IronKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2011 at 2:39am
I thought this commercial was hilarious the first couple of times, but about the 1000th time I saw it, it started really getting on my nerves.
orion70 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orion70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2011 at 6:46pm
Spiders keep the other bugs away.  And it is bad luck if you squish one. Go spider !

The only spider ad I like is this one:

(and even that, the screaming stereotyped female is just beyond)
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2011 at 10:16pm
AT&T backs this commercial in our area. For the 1000th time FK YOU ATT!!!!!!!!!!
smudge View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2011 at 11:53pm
4" long and furry...like Anthony Weiner?
"SACRED COWS MAKE THE BEST HAMBURGER"...MARK TWAIN
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2011 at 1:24am
I love that ad where the spider throws him around. GO SPIDER!
I would not scream like that over a spider.
Now if it were a WASP...
Without hurting me,
sodiumcrapolate View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sodiumcrapolate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2011 at 10:56pm
Note to self: Don't ever buy anything from AT&T.
I hate that screaming.
We killed off Billy Mays, only to put up with this sh*t.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic