Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Charmin Bears Have Sunk to a New Low

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
badp View Drop Down
Never Posted
Never Posted
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Charmin Bears Have Sunk to a New Low
    Posted: 23 Dec 2008 at 2:50am
Charmin is so tough and rough that even bears can wipe with it without it tearing.  Imagine how it will feel on your behind.
Sponsored Links

Irishman View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Account Deleted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irishman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2008 at 7:16am
Oh, the bear crapped on the mountain,
The bear crapped on the mountain,
The bear crapped on the mountain,
Before he took a pee!LOL
JasonTKD View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JasonTKD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2008 at 2:02am
Originally posted by DirtyD79 DirtyD79 wrote:

Seriously bears, grow some sack  

Considering the kind of commercials Charmin would make if that happened, I think that's the last thing you'd want the bears to do. 
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2008 at 1:49am
*BANG* *BANG*

there, is that better?

LOL
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
sharonite View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sharonite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2008 at 1:47am
I'm so sick of the sh*tting bears.

Please make them stop.
N-Dizzle View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N-Dizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2008 at 10:18pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

The newest one is a light brown bear, playing football (as a center) with 'Coach Dad'..."hup1, hup 2, YIKES!".
I could just see junior getting one good swipe across his crack, with the football on it's way to Dad's loving hands... 

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This commercials use to be cute.   Now they're just unBEARable since I have to see the dingleBEARries on that bear's ass.  

Does a bear shit in the woods?   Apparently yes, and he wipes with Charmin!

Maybe next we'll learn that they also use urinals!!

Here's the new Charmin commercial, get the money shot!!

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2008 at 6:13pm
The newest one is a light brown bear, playing football (as a center) with 'Coach Dad'..."hup1, hup 2, YIKES!".
I could just see junior getting one good swipe across his crack, with the football on it's way to Dad's loving hands... 
badp View Drop Down
Never Posted
Never Posted
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2008 at 4:17am
The little bear acts like a brat, running away from the mom when she's trying to get the (miraculously clean) TP off his butt.  And we're supposed to think bratty kids are "cute."  No, it's not cute, and neither is showing red freaking cartoon bears using toilet paper WITHOUT A TOILET.
8 Track Single View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8 Track Single Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2008 at 7:22pm
Somewhere in heaven, Mr. Whipple is taking a crap in that big toilet seat in the sky, wondering why Procter & Gamble "squeezed" the Charmin by hiring talking cartoon bears...
Candiecane View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Candiecane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2008 at 12:38pm
lol The bears have creeped me out from the begining! Passing all of what you guys have said I'd add why are the baby bears parents watching him er, do his business? In the ones where apparently only 3 sheets are needed? Toilet paper natzi bears! Gah! Just odd all around.
Wild Starchild View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wild Starchild Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2008 at 12:55am
That actually remioned me of that commerdial where the boss is on the speakerphone, and the TEAM is chuckling along with him, then he says buy and that one  chick starts mocking him as the dude comes in to fix the mute button?? LOL I really do like that ad!! I damn near laughed my ass off.
AW DAMN!!!! Wild Shot the friggin TV again!!!
DirtyD79 View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DirtyD79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2008 at 9:45pm
I'd believe it. A whole bunch of geeky ad execs all sat around a table and The Boss probably spouted off with does a bear sh*t in the woods. needless to say everybody laughed and seal slapped like a bunch of trained monkeys because nobody has a set and fear they'll be fired for not thinking the "big guy's" joke was funny. So then some chuckling jackball said hey let's run our whole ad campaign around that. And after that they all proceeded to high five and lick each other's dicks.
Mind on My Money, Money on My Beer
The Mad Gasser View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Mad Gasser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2008 at 12:54am
Originally posted by Wild Starchild Wild Starchild wrote:

This whole bear taking a sh*t thing reminds me of a classic joke. Here goes!!

A big bear and a little rabbitt are out in the woods next to each other taking a crap. The bear looks over at the rabbit and says, "Do you ever have a problem with sh*t sticking to your fur?"
"No!", replies the rabbit.
So the bear picks him up and wipes his ass with him!!

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!

I think that's where they idea for these commercials. I also think they've run the joke into the ground. I would buy Charmin if they actually animated the bear wiping his ass with a rabbit. Now THAT's a selling point for me.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2008 at 6:14am
Originally posted by Wild Starchild Wild Starchild wrote:

A big bear and a little rabbitt are out in the woods next to each other taking a crap. The bear looks over at the rabbit and says, "Do you ever have a problem with sh*t sticking to your fur?"

Yup! Scroll down a tad, Buddy! - think I mentioned something in that line, too - glad to see we're not alone...bears ain't the only ones that found 'em useful...'dem bears come from the same neighborW/hood...
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Wild Starchild View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wild Starchild Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2008 at 5:59am
OH God, Where to start???

OK, this ad is just em-bear-assing!!!LOL Cleaning the dingleberries off the baby bear's batooty with a vaccuum cleaner??? OMG!!!! That's just STUPID!!!! Where in the hell are they getting electricity?? Who taught them what a vaccuum cleaner was, and how to use it??

This whole bear taking a sh*t thing reminds me of a classic joke. Here goes!!

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!

AW DAMN!!!! Wild Shot the friggin TV again!!!
Spicy_Meatball View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spicy_Meatball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2008 at 11:25pm
Originally posted by suenewtotx suenewtotx wrote:

What's next ... Charmin bear licking the crap from the kid's butt?Dead

It'd be a lot more realistic than the fekking toilet paper!  I say, bring it on!  LOL
"Mama Mia! That's a spicy meatball!!" ~~Alka Seltzer Ad
8 Track Single View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8 Track Single Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2008 at 4:26pm
It's surprising that P&G doesn't promote Pampers Wipes more often in their TV spots. 
JimA View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2008 at 7:33am
Originally posted by msdeli msdeli wrote:

I can honestly say that I have never watched a toilet paper commercial and said "wow, I gotta get me some of that".

I don't remember thinking that after any commercial.
msdeli View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msdeli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2008 at 7:28am
At first I kinda dug the commercials.  It brought to mind the "does a bear sh*t in the woods" thing, but I think they have taken it a little far now.  I mean do we really need the visual of toilet paper fuzzies stuck to our ass.  I am sure we have all experienced cheap but wipe, truthfully, as long as my fingers don't bust through it, I am allright.  Ewwww.  That was kinda yucky huh?  When you think about it, do you really pick your tp based on their commercial.  For my family, it is more of a trial and error thing.  I can honestly say that I have never watched a toilet paper commercial and said "wow, I gotta get me some of that".
Lurker87 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lurker87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2008 at 6:54am
Seriously, the Charmin bears have always annoyed me.  That is the reason I refuse to ever get Charmin.  Just because of these commercials.
DirtyD79 View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DirtyD79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2008 at 6:19am
Seriously bears, grow some sack and start doing normal bear stuff like eating tourists and stealing picnic baskets! 
Mind on My Money, Money on My Beer
FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2008 at 11:58pm
Originally posted by kat kat wrote:

I read this whole thread and gagged twice! Congrats, CIH-ers! You've managed to gross out She Who Cannot Be Grossed Out!

My work here is done. LOL
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2008 at 11:07pm
Originally posted by suenewtotx suenewtotx wrote:

Your comment reminds me of my husband's adventure in Russia.  Four years ago, he was on a job assignment...

Friend of my bro's was working with some telecommunications company in Russia for years back in the 90's.  He found himself in airports a lot.  Said the airport bathrooms always seemed to be flooded and filthy!!

Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2008 at 11:00pm
Bleh,  just the thought of a TP encrusted ass is retch worthy, I don't care if its a bear's ass covered in TP dots, its just gross. It takes the vac too long to suck it all up too, very unrealistic, unless the TP is really intertwined with bear hiney fur. Why does their ass sparkle when it's clean? I've never seen an ass sparkle...
suenewtotx View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suenewtotx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2008 at 8:54pm
Originally posted by kat kat wrote:

I read this whole thread and gagged twice! Congrats, CIH-ers! You've managed to gross out She Who Cannot Be Grossed Out!

We aim to please!Big%20smile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic