Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Your Fantasy Vehicle

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DARK FATHER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Your Fantasy Vehicle
    Posted: 23 Apr 2011 at 10:58pm
If you could have your choice of ANY vehicle right now WHAT would it be?  This can be a car, truck, motorcycle, aircraft, watercraft, etc.  It can be from any time period too, so Egyptian war chariots are allowed! Pictures would be nice!
Sponsored Links

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2011 at 12:12am
Mine would be a molded plastic "pod" with an aircraft style vertical stabilizer & tail fins, etc. as well as side stabilizer 'wings" about midway along the fuselage.

It would have a nice comfortable, insulated one-person cockpit with lots of forward room to stretch my legs out & a comfy reclining seat with armrests.

The plexiglass cockpit would have a panoramic & overhead field of vision.

The rear part of the fuselage would be trunk space to carry luggage, etc.

It would be capable of attaining speeds & altitudes equal to that of commercial private jets like the Lear Jet, but would also be capable of very slow speeds as well as hovering in place.

It would be capable of performing complex aerial manuevers at any altitiude, including low-altitude surface skimming.

And it would require no fuel because it would have no engine of any kind, nor steering mechanism.

It would be totally powered & controlled by my mind & my will.

It would look something like this....

Or maybe this.....

I would go flying around all over the place for free whenever I wanted to.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
DARK FATHER View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DARK FATHER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2011 at 12:30am
Nice one Jim!  Looks like a plane of some type.  We will call it the Jimbo Jet!

I once wanted a 1955 Lincoln Futura

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2011 at 12:33am
I'm a fan of the '65 Falcon Futura.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2011 at 12:59am
We had a thread on this a while ago.  Here's the 67 GTO I posted:

I see that, based on the date I put this pic into my files, the other dream car thread was in June of 2007.  Wow.  I'da thunk maybe a year or two ago.

Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2011 at 1:03am

And it would have a fully-stocked bar.
ThreadKiller View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreadKiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2011 at 1:32am
First, I would gladly take any of the three cars listed immediately above!

However, this is the car I've dreamed about since I was in about second grade, when they were given away on game shows...

1963 T- bird ragtop, red, with tonneau cover. I built several AMT model kits just like this. The one thing this car's missing is the dual swept-back chrome antennas on the rear fenders.

A suitable alternate would be the same car, but with a retractable hardtop. Those were cool because the trunk flipped open "the wrong way," i.e., hinged at the back, and the roof slid into the trunk, which then closed.

I do think, though, the white convertible top is nicer, and I do like the look of the tonneau cover when the top's down.

Hundreds of threads killed.
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2011 at 10:20pm
I wanted a T Bucket since being a kid.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2011 at 10:40pm
Big smileMy dearly-beloved Uncle, long since 'crossed over', had an array of my fantasy cars...this is a pic of one Lotus Super 7 (but not HIS, which was forest-green and bright yellow) - wonderful car, as long as you didn't need to turn a corner at any rate of speed...:
...but, he also had one of THESE in his large garage...and, doncha know, the LAST thinh he did was 'take it with him'; he blew the engine of the TVR, had it towed home, laughed about it, sold it...then 'crossed over'.
For a very short time, I HAD one of these Lotus Cortinas (coutesy of the uncle BoWolf) - they were just SO FRIGGIN' FAST they were extremely dangerous...(English) Ford and Lotus got together to create this simple monster - and it was a beauty! Mine was solid white with a red interior.
To put it bluntly, the car's wheelbase was far too short for the extremely powerful twin-cam 1600 Lotus engine - and it was not aerodynamically-correct....it was a 'flying coffin'.
1966 Lotus Cortina Mk1 Rear
1966 Lotus Cortina Mk1 Front

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
regulus View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2011 at 1:14am
With Gas Prices the way they are, Angry My Fantasy Vehicle would be a Flexfuel Hybrid that gets AT LEAST 100 Miles Per Gallon!
Poiuyt Power!!!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2011 at 2:48am
Originally posted by regulus regulus wrote:

With Gas Prices the way they are, Angry My Fantasy Vehicle would be a Flexfuel Hybrid that gets AT LEAST 100 Miles Per Gallon!

So, I guess this would be outta the question, huh?

regulus View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2011 at 3:40am
FUGGADABOUDIT!!!
Poiuyt Power!!!
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2011 at 9:07pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

That made my eyes hurt. Snoop Dog selling some of his cars?
timdubya View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timdubya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2011 at 10:02pm

Probably one of those 70s cars that began life as a Monte Carlo or Grand Prix and made to look like a Cadillac.
DARK FATHER View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DARK FATHER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2011 at 11:38pm
That hideous abomination would make a PERFECT crash test car.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2011 at 12:06am
Originally posted by timdubya timdubya wrote:

Probably one of those 70s cars that began life as a Monte Carlo or Grand Prix and made to look like a Cadillac.

According to the article about it, it's a Corvette!  Shocked

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2011 at 2:37pm
Originally posted by DARK FATHER DARK FATHER wrote:

That hideous abomination would make a PERFECT crash test car.

Or better yet......

parked in line right here.

C'mon, man!
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2011 at 5:49pm
Already have my dream car Big smile

But if I had to get more, I think I'd like a Honda S2000 painted green...
Lotus Elise
Tesla Roadster
Delorean

Aaaaand without even trying, they are all 2 seater cars. What can I say, I like a 2 seater.
It's ok, I'm in marketing!
timdubya View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timdubya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2011 at 6:52pm
After seeing the Corvorado, I did some googling and I found the car I was thinking of.  Back in the 1960s former Chrysler designer Virgil Exner was asked to design new 1966 cars for defunct car companies such as Stutz and Duesenberg.  Some guy wanting to revive the Stutz name enlisted Exner to design the new cars.  The cars I was thinking of were from the Stutz revival, and they were made from Pontiac Grand Prixs (Grand Prixs?).
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2011 at 4:19am
Originally posted by timdubya timdubya wrote:

After seeing the Corvorado, I did some googling and I found the car I was thinking of.  Back in the 1960s former Chrysler designer Virgil Exner was asked to design new 1966 cars for defunct car companies such as Stutz and Duesenberg.  Some guy wanting to revive the Stutz name enlisted Exner to design the new cars.  The cars I was thinking of were from the Stutz revival, and they were made from Pontiac Grand Prixs (Grand Prixs?).

I had the car model version of the Deusenberg that came out around that time.  It had gold wheels.

When I was on spring break from college in 1977, I was outside some bar in Fort Lauderdale when Evel Knievel asked my friend Larry and I to guard his Stutz while he went inside.  He paid us $60.  I think it was something like a Stutz Al Italia or something.  It was a white convertible and had a lotta gold trim.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2011 at 4:23am
And here it is (Evel Knievel's).  One of a kind, apparently.

Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2011 at 11:30pm
I'd like one of these classic 40ft long Caddies that sucked down hi-test gasoline like there was no tomorrow, and took 2 parking spots for parking.
ThreadKiller View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreadKiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2011 at 4:15am

Back in the early to mid 70s, there was a car dealer near here that did these "pimpmobile" customizations to new Eldorados and Coupe de Villes, and usually had three or four of them sitting on the lot. They weren't all as ostentatious as this one, but most of them had the grille overlay, superfly rotating headlight covers, two-tone paint, custom vinyl roof, and tricked out interior.

I used to stop there when I was driving by and had a few minutes, just to check out the rides. They're interesting cars, but I could never imagine really driving one.
Hundreds of threads killed.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2011 at 5:11am
Originally posted by Tiz Tiz wrote:

I'd like one of these classic 40ft long Caddies that sucked down hi-test gasoline like there was no tomorrow, and took 2 parking spots for parking.
Ya ever tried to change the last sparkplug on the left, on one o'those? Ya need an extra elbow in your left arm, I swear!
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic