Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Psycho Neighbor Stories

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2013 at 7:24pm

When it comes to the 'neighborhood youth' - kids and young adults:

In some ways, we're lucky. No 4-wheelers around, thank goodness - just tons of snowmobiles and jetskis. There are long and amazingly remote snowmobile trails all around (none of which gets anywhere near us). As insane as they could be, snowmobilers tend to act responsibly. We rarely have any behavior-related incidents with them. Jetskis? Well, that is the summer hazard of choice for the young and the drunk, but no big deal - when things go wrong, the funeral home gets business (and things constantly go wrong even though the waters are very well policed). I think this is more directly tied to people who love the water and have more money than brains. Our waters are NOT slow and ALWAYS have incredibly strong undertows, yet people can't even take a hint when they see others playing 'chase the stick' with their pooches - a dog will jump into the river to get the stick, but ALWAYS have a fight getting back to shore. Beleive me - a kid who got his scouting lifeguard merit badge has less a chance making it back to shore than a dog does. 
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2013 at 7:34pm
Gulp.  I might've been friends with the Zodiac Killer.

I was speaking earlier today with an old San Francisco friend/roommate from the early 80s---well, I'll make a long story short:

We were talking about a woman I lived with for 10 years (from 1992 to 2002).  I mentioned a friend of hers, who as a result, was also a friend of mine.  I didn't really know him that well, but I went with her to parties and dinners at his house.  He was a radical, a film distributor, an editor, a pretty nice guy---though with supposed sexually twisted proclivities I didn't really ever wanna delve into.  He died in 2004.

So, I decided to look him up.  The first result was in the Wikipedia entry for Zodiac Killer.  Some History Channel show did an investigation in 2009 and concluded that this guy might've been the infamous Zodiac Killer.

Here's the paragraph:

In 2009, an episode of the History Channel television series MysteryQuest looked at newspaper editor R----- G-------- (1936–2004). During the time of the murders, G--------worked for Good Times, a San Francisco counterculture newspaper. His appearance resembles the composite sketch and Nancy Slover, the Vallejo police dispatcher who was contacted by the Zodiac shortly after the Blue Rock Springs Attack, has identified a recording of G--------'s voice as being the same as the Zodiac's.[69] Additional circumstantial evidence exists but cannot definitively connect G-------- to the murders.

This is kinda blowing me away right now.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2013 at 8:05pm

^I'm surprised you didn't get his signature.

"All the best to my ol' buddy Thor! Stay in touch, let's do lunch and more,
  How about a 'day at the lake'? Be sure and remember to bring some 'sun protection' - we'll stop and 'do some shots', too!
 Your Pal,
 Zodiac (you can call me 'ZK') "

"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2013 at 8:16pm

He may not even have been the Zodiac Killer.  But the idea that people think he was, is kinda freaking me out.  What other sick f*cks did I know in that town?  I know I'd used a toilet that Charles Manson once used (well, he lived there 11 years earlier, so I assume he crapped there, too), but that's about it. 

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2013 at 9:55pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

...Here's the paragraph:

In 2009, an episode of the History Channel television series MysteryQuest looked at newspaper editor R----- G-------- (1936–2004). During the time of the murders, G--------worked for Good Times, a San Francisco counterculture newspaper. His appearance resembles the composite sketch and Nancy Slover, the Vallejo police dispatcher who was contacted by the Zodiac shortly after the Blue Rock Springs Attack, has identified a recording of G--------'s voice as being the same as the Zodiac's.[69] Additional circumstantial evidence exists but cannot definitively connect G-------- to the murders.

This is kinda blowing me away right now.

ConfusedThat bugged me some, so I had to look it up a bit. I think the person you are referring to (R_G_) is the author of the book that the movie is based off of, never one of the actual suspects.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2013 at 10:19pm

I see where you got that.  You're thinking the "RG" I referred to is Robert Graysmith, an author mentioned in the Wiki article.  It is not.  There's another "RG" in the Wikipedia article---a "Richard".  If you Google that one, you'll see a lot of info pointing to him as the killer.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2013 at 2:57pm

I've decided to go with the belief that Gaikowski is not the Zodiac Killer.  First of all, it'll probably never be proven.  Second of all, I just don't need to think I knew a serial killer.  Third, if he's not the killer, it's a horrible legacy to have, and a horrible idea to spread.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2013 at 4:18pm
^You probably know a serial killer, but just haven't discussed the topic with him. Ask your neighbor when nobody else is around...it is kind of a 'private matter', doncha know...
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2013 at 4:28pm

Well, that guy told the homeowner that he was a hitman for the CIA in Central America in the 1980s, so if we were to believe him, he too was a serial killer.

Neither the homeowner nor I are ready to accept that claim as truth, however.  I tend to think the guy's just a bit nuts and not a particularly nice person.  Apparently, the dog does, too.  The other day, she left a few turds in front of his bedroom door, and the guy stepped in it.  LOL

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2013 at 10:44pm

Well, that guy told the homeowner that he was a hitman for the CIA in Central America in the 1980s, so if we were to believe him, he too was a serial killer...  

ConfusedWe have to draw the line somewhere, or I'm married to one.
LittleO View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2013 at 12:33am
Okay, I'm back from a busy weekend with a new development: there was a Ryder truck parked at the weird house for 2-3 days last week. It was in the driveway just a few feet from my office window, but I never quite figured out what was being loaded or unloaded, even though I did hear them working during daylight hours.

Now the truck is gone, and the parade of visitors is back on schedule. It doesn't appear that anyone actually moved in or out. What takes 2-3 days to (un)load that could fit in a 1940s 1-BR bungalow?!

Thor, they don't seem to follow the Mormon pattern -- it's more like individual appointments than group meetings. Or maybe they're freelance LDS?
bwestfall View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwestfall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2013 at 12:54am
I guess I should start a thread entitled, "Have you ever known a serial killer?" but I'll sneak this in here.  When I was a cocktail waitress and about 19yo, my bartender/friend (also female), had a conversation with a guy at our bar for about 2 hours.  I remember that I was talking about how hard it was to train my puppy to go pee outside.  This guy was so ordinary.  Well, he asked us when we got off work and  we didn't for several hours so he left.  The next day, a woman was found strangled with her pantyhose in a corn field just outside of town.  The guy left our workplace (Holiday Inn) and went to Ramada Inn and picked this woman up and she left with him.  Both Laurie and I had to go to police station for his description and complete statements.  They caught him and we were going to have to be witnesses until they found out he had killed at least 6 other women in various states.  They sent him back to Texas where he ended up on death row and we never had to testify. 

You know, I don't think about that much but Thor's story reminded me of it, and I always think what an ordinary, boring life I've had, until I think of all of the scary, odd, unusual, and interesting things that have happened to me.  Of course, everybody does. Wink 
A new study finds that people who are chipper & happy live longer. Which is surprising because people who aren't chipper & happy want to kill people who are always chipper & happy. David Letterman
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2013 at 1:02am

^  Yikes.  Since I discovered what I did about Richard, and emailed a few friends about it, one of my friends who I used to work with in the 80s, told me that a temp he used to work with there, was arrested in 2006 for the rape and strangulation of a girl he met in the 1970s.  Somehow, they were able to connect him to the crime using DNA.  His name was John Puckett.

MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2013 at 5:14am
Originally posted by LittleO LittleO wrote:

Okay, I'm back from a busy weekend with a new development: there was a Ryder truck parked at the weird house for 2-3 days last week. It was in the driveway just a few feet from my office window, but I never quite figured out what was being loaded or unloaded, even though I did hear them working during daylight hours.

Now the truck is gone, and the parade of visitors is back on schedule. It doesn't appear that anyone actually moved in or out. What takes 2-3 days to (un)load that could fit in a 1940s 1-BR bungalow?!

Thor, they don't seem to follow the Mormon pattern -- it's more like individual appointments than group meetings. Or maybe they're freelance LDS?

You should drop an anonymous tip to the cops about suspicious activity at the house.  If they don't already know about it, they'll have undercover look into it.  (Yeah, we know you don't want to cause any trouble, but go ahead.  We know you want to....  Big smile)
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2013 at 5:27am

I think LittleO needs to do a little snooping.  At least peek in the windows.  And keep us posted.

LittleO View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2013 at 5:38pm
Originally posted by MrTim MrTim wrote:

You should drop an anonymous tip to the cops about suspicious activity at the house.  If they don't already know about it, they'll have undercover look into it.  (Yeah, we know you don't want to cause any trouble, but go ahead.  We know you want to....  Big smile)

Do you think they really would? That would be exciting!

Thor, there is almost no way I could peek into the windows without someone noticing. Tiny yards, observant guy across the street, etc. But I guess I could try... We're moving soon anyway! 
DARK FATHER View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DARK FATHER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2013 at 8:42pm
It could be a mobile meth lab in the Ryder truck.  Those are getting more common.
LittleO View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2013 at 9:13pm
I didn't think of that! The truck hasn't been back since, but all the other weirdness has continued, so it's anyone's guess.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2013 at 10:22pm
Originally posted by LittleO LittleO wrote:

I didn't think of that! The truck hasn't been back since, but all the other weirdness has continued, so it's anyone's guess.

Yes, it's anyone's guess...but it's your job to solve the mystery.

Time to go "full-on Gladys Kravitz".

Or maybe Jane Hathaway.

LittleO View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2013 at 11:38pm
^^^ Ha!!! If nothing else, at least I'll have better hair while being the neighborhood busybody...
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DARK FATHER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2013 at 12:22am
Watch the movie The 'Burbs if you want to see what happens to nosy neighborhood busybodies!  My old neighbors that inspired this thread used to watch EVERYTHING I did while trying to appear as if they were NOT!!
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DARK FATHER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2013 at 12:26am

I've decided to go with the belief that Gaikowski is not the Zodiac Killer.  First of all, it'll probably never be proven.  Second of all, I just don't need to think I knew a serial killer.  Third, if he's not the killer, it's a horrible legacy to have, and a horrible idea to spread.

Do not be so sure about it not being proven.  The police have a DNA profile from a letter Zodiac licked and sent them years ago.  Even Jack The Ripper did not leave this much evidence behind.  Zodiac was also seen by several witnesses who made the drawing of him. This case may yet be solved! 
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2013 at 3:29am

^  Yeah.  The History Channel documentary I watched on Youtube seems to show a DNA connection between Richard and the Zodiac Killer---via DNA found on those envelopes.

Oh, I dunno.  I'd just rather think it's not true, I guess.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2013 at 3:52am
I had an "across the hall" neighbor for one month in a little aprtment building I lived in back in the 80's.

I came home one afternoon & he had all his stuff packed into the back of his car & had been in the process of leaving when his car conked out. I happened to pull in & gave him a jump start. I asked him if he was leaving & said he was just going home for the Thanksgiving holiday that was approaching.

The guy was stocky with thick black hair & a thick black moustache which he had hurriedly (from the look of the job he did) shaved off.

So he left & I went inside. Later that day or maybe the next, I was watching the news & they reported that a local bank had been robbed by a guy who they described as stocky with thick black hair & a thick black moustache.

I know it was him. I shoulda called the cops & gave them the info. He stole a big hanging plant from me that I was gonna give to my mother.

Unfortunately, I didn't find out about it until much later.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2013 at 4:11am
Originally posted by DARK FATHER DARK FATHER wrote:

The police have a DNA profile from a letter Zodiac licked and sent them years ago.  Even Jack The Ripper did not leave this much evidence behind.   

Actually, they do have JTR's DNA.  They recovered it from the envelopes he licked....  Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
  Share Topic