Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Psycho Neighbor Stories

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2013 at 9:52pm
Originally posted by insanity213 insanity213 wrote:

They could run their (legitimate) business out of their home, and it's clientele who are coming by.  I was also thinking it's an open house, but surely you would see For Sale signs in the front yard.

Sure, I just can't imagine what the business is, since no one is ever holding anything when they leave! Either it's a service rather than a product, or it's a product they all hide in their pockets...

No For Sale signs, and it's been steady for nearly a year, so that seems unlikely.
Sponsored Links

msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2013 at 9:56pm
LittleO, why not knock on the door and say "I'm here for my appointment!" and see what happens! LOL
The artist formerly known as Madawee

insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2013 at 10:00pm
Originally posted by Madawee Madawee wrote:

LittleO, why not knock on the door and say "I'm here for my appointment!" and see what happens! LOL

She'll regret doing that if the house ends up being a front for S&M sessions LOL
LittleO View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2013 at 10:49pm
Originally posted by insanity213 insanity213 wrote:

Originally posted by Madawee Madawee wrote:

She'll regret doing that if the house ends up being a front for S&M sessions LOL

Ha!! Not taking any chances! With my luck it would be the day of the sting operation!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2013 at 1:41am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

My new neighbor (roommates with the guy across the street) kinda gives me the creeps.  He's in his 50s.  I've only spoken at any length with him a few times, but each time, all he talks about is the damage he's done to other people's faces and limbs.  Within minutes of the first time I talked with him, he told me how he once shot and killed a guy in self-defense as he (the new neighbor)was carrying $350,000 in cash in some sorta corporate takeover.  The guy shot him first as he tried to rob him of the money, so it was self-defense.  He showed me his bullet wound/scar below his right shoulder.

Last night, he told me about how some teenager broke the mirror off his car.  He dragged the kid to the kid's house, and demanded that the father immediately beat up the son, or else he was going to beat up the father and then beat up the kid.  He also demanded $358 cash (he works on cars and knows prices, apparently) right there.  I dunno if he ended up beating anyone up in that incident.

Then, he once had two guys try to beat him with baseball bats.  He beat both of them up.  Then, when he saw one of them atop a ladder painting a house, he shot him in the hand with a BB gun, causing him to fall 27 feet and break an arm and a leg.

He wants to beat up a cop.

He used to duct-tape weights around his hand and punch cement walls to toughen up his wrists and fists.

Lotta stories like this.  He says that he just generally enjoys being mean and hurting people (he literally said this).  He says he likes the adrenaline.

Another rather odd thing---he hates music.  All music.  Music in general.  Doesn't understand why people listen to it.  Has no interest in current events, either.

Last night, after 15 minutes of this and me being unable to change the subject, I just said "Okay, see ya later"---as much out of boredom as anything else.  Very strange guy.  I'm not sure how much of his crap I should even believe, but anyone who talks like this is probably a bit deranged.  I'll say hello to him, I guess, but that's about it.

Wondered yet how long it will be before the neighborhood cats start disappearing?

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2013 at 2:31am

Yeah.  I wonder about that.  He doesn't seem to even notice animals.  Like he just doesn't even think about them (sorta like his attitude toward music).  But the homeowner where he lives, has 3.5 cats and a dog, but I don't know his attitudes towards them.  I'm gonna hafta ask my neighbor if the guy likes the animals there, or just coexists.

This guy seriously seems like a ticking time bomb.  But if he's not, he's certainly at least very very weird.  To be 50+ and still so raging, is just creepy.  On top of that, the fact that he so freely expresses his rage to me, who he doesn't even know, is odd.

MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2013 at 4:48am
Throw a brick through his window one night.  Better to set him off now than to wait until he takes out the whole neighborhood after an ice cream truck drives by....  LOL

Quote The house to one side of us is very small, probably a one-bedroom, but meticulously maintained. It has a nice, bright coat of paint, pretty flowers, and a vegetable garden. There is no garage, and I never see one car parked there consistently. I have never seen the person who lives there.

However, every day, roughly 1-8 people or groups visit this house. It begins about 7:45am, even on Sundays. (I know because their loud radios wake me up.) Someone pulls up, waits in their car until the exact hour (8am on the dot or whatever), then walks up the steps. Some knock, some walk directly in the front door. They all emerge 15 minutes to an hour later, empty-handed as when they went in. (Women sometimes carry purses, but other than that, no consistent objects.)

Doesn't sound like a swingers club (too early in the morning & they don't stay long.)  Are the windows covered up?  If so, my guess is that it's a marijuana grow house (though a 1 bedroom house is kinda small for those.)   The other possibility is that it's a Santeria cult.  Better not go peeking in the windows if that's the case....  Wink
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2013 at 2:13pm
Originally posted by MrTim MrTim wrote:

Throw a brick through his window one night.  Better to set him off now than to wait until he takes out the whole neighborhood after an ice cream truck drives by....  LOL

Our ice cream truck plays an endless loop of Turkey in the Straw as it drives around, and it sometimes makes me wanna take out the whole neighborhood...or at least file a whine with my congressman. 

Found out yesterday that, supposedly, this neighbor was some sorta hitman for the CIA in Central America in the 1980s.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2013 at 2:14pm

Your neighbor's roomie sounds pretty dangerous. Are the local authorities aware of this clown, or are they going to wait until he decides you forgot to say "Hi" to him and he kicks your butt?

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2013 at 2:26pm

LittleO, could your neighbors be Mormons?  My Mormon neighbor has a coupla young Mormon girls visit him about once a week.  They're in California from New Zealand.  They live in a home that the Mormon Church maintains for the purpose of housing their young people on those "missions" they go on when they're 18.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2013 at 2:36pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Your neighbor's roomie sounds pretty dangerous. Are the local authorities aware of this clown, or are they going to wait until he decides you forgot to say "Hi" to him and he kicks your butt?

I keep thinking something's gonna happen, though not involving me (I'm not worried about myself).  The guy told me that the cops in my town hate him, and he hates them.  It's not a good sign when cops know you and "hate" you.  Nor is it ever a good sign when you're the sort of person who hates cops.  Plus, he has some sorta marijuana-related website, and the homeowner sells pot.

I like the homeowner, though.  I'm not interested in bringing anything to the attention of the police.

Hopefully, this guy's more bark than bite, and nothing will happen.  He's been living here for about 4 months, and pretty much just stays to himself.  I just find it odd that someone would present himself to a stranger, as he did to me.

Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2013 at 3:15pm
How could I have missed this thread for so long? I hate my neighbors, all of them!

I wish I could know exactly what my one of my neighbors is doing, but I haven't figured it out yet. There's like a multigenerational family living next door in a house they rent from what I believe is a family member consisting of an old man who seems incredibly senile, a woman, a man, (possibly married to her, possibly not, obviously the son of the old man) a younger man (their son?), occasionally a small girl, and a baby mama who never stays long. My neighborhood is fairly quiet, but whenever I hear sirens coming down the street, I KNOW where they're going, my neighbors. Cops are always out front talking to them, what appears to be a government worker parked in their driveway randomly, and recently not 1, not 2, but 3 fire trucks arrived at their house in the middle of the night and then left shortly after. Their house was clearly not on fire.

They set old bread out on the tree lawn for the birds, which attracts hundreds of starlings that sh*t all over my cars, they leave their 2 large untrained dogs out all day every day so they bark at everything and go completely ape sh*t every time I take my dogs out,  they're constantly throwing out old TVs and furniture, I think I've counted 8 so far, the senile old man gets parked in a chair outside his front door for 8 hours a day, just yelling things at people in the neighborhood and eye raping me every time I come home, the family has fights outside so loud I can hear them inside, it's bad.

One day the woman, who is skinny but constantly looks pregnant because she has a distended fat belly like sort sort of Somali child catches me walking in my front door and decides to complain to me about the fact that one of my retaining walls (made of rail road ties) is leaving a pile of detritus next to her trash cans. She says "I'm tired of sweeping it and I can never get the kids to do it for me". I look down and have no idea what she's talking about because the problem could be fixed in any number of cheap ways, and it's the equivalent of your neighbor telling you you have to rake the leaves in their yard because they come from your tree. It's natural detritus next to an outside trash can. She demands it gets fixed because "I'm not cleaning it up another summer". Meanwhile she rents the house and the landlord cleans it for her. ALSO MEANWHILE, our other neighbor's retaining wall is completely collapsing into our driveway and we haven't bugged them to do anything about it....and she's complaining about dirt, no where near her home, that she doesn't own, next to a trash can. I haven't done anything about it and I don't intend to.

My back door is really a side door and faces directly into the old man's bedroom window. About 1 in 5 times I come outside with my dogs, I see the old man's ass. Just a full on ass. Because he never closes his curtains, and is apparently never dressed from the waist down. I figure if I have to suffer an old man ass and barking dogs all day, they can deal with a little pile of dirt and shut the f**k up.
It's ok, I'm in marketing!
bwestfall View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwestfall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2013 at 7:17pm
Worst was when I was growing up.  We had an incestuous family living down the road (rural area).  Father and older sons kept getting the females pregnant.  By the time I left home, I'd bet that the Father had fathered a child with one of his granddaughters.  Everyone knew but it was just one of those things no one ever did anything about.  There were about 2 dozen people living in their big old farmhouse.

Currently, my traditional male neighbors across the road (rural community, some house close together) are on the old schedule of mowing their grass on a scedule whether it needs it or not, i.e., mowing it within an inch of its life.  My problem, they do it at 8am on Saturday morning.  One leaf blows everyday at 8am until every LAST LEAF has fallen; for hours on end.  Some days that whirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr is in my head for hours.  His mailbox is on my side of road and he is very picky about how I MOW around it.  The boxes are on a hill, he has 2 (mail & newspaper) with one on one side of my concrete steps and the other next to my mailbox on the other, I have 1 (mail), I have never damaged or hurt his boxes in any way and he has the nerve to make sh*tty comments about how I mow it!  I mow and weed eat around it and he PICKS at me!  Plus, my road is like the raceway so you darn near get hit every time you're out there.

The other guy, mr. gold neckchain, "clubs" his trees.  He spent years getting these 2 beautiful maples a decent size, though not nearly as big as they can get, and he leaves stumps.  Besides disease and weak limbs it look like crap and its outside my front window.  His front lawn is treated like a golf green and he pours fertilizers, weed killers like crazy and they run off in to several of our yards. He mows his "green" twice a week every week.  I've seen him mowing in downpours--guess this is just stupid.

One other neighbor is pretty nice most of time until I find out he HATES Obama.  I put an Obama sign in my yard and full expected to have my tires slit and house spray painted.  Before that, this guy has taken it upon himself to watch my house for me.  I do not own a gun, though my father had shotgun and rifle for hunting.  Many of my neighbors shoot off guns all around me, especially in nice weather when I am working outside and some are quite close.  They are not hunting so nothing can be done and I don't want to p*ss them off anyway.  However, a while back I find out this guy has on several occasions came on to my property with his gun when people have been at my house.  This is not good.  He has no right, and this could leave me wide-open to a lawsuit if something happened.  Two of the times I know for sure that these were workers I gave a key to because they were my longtime plumber and electrician.  Man o' man.  I know he thinks he is protecting me but he should wait until he's asked!

And it is hard, just in general, to live in a community where you are about the only liberal, and somewhat environmentally green person.

A new study finds that people who are chipper & happy live longer. Which is surprising because people who aren't chipper & happy want to kill people who are always chipper & happy. David Letterman
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2013 at 8:31pm
Originally posted by bwestfall bwestfall wrote:

And it is hard, just in general, to live in a community where you are about the only liberal, and somewhat environmentally green person.

Try being a conservative in San Francisco.  LOL

bwestfall View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwestfall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2013 at 8:54pm
Well, this election, 2012, I didn't put my Obama sign out because I'm starting to get old ladyish about stuff and somewhat worried about property damage and such but that would come from our younger, bored types.  I also feel like they talk about me down at the Country Store and at the neighborhood meetings Ouch

BUT, most of my-coworkers are liberal so I get my political fix at work.

I would love to live in SanFran and not necessarily because of its politics, but I would imagine it can be dicey and not fun if you are conservative.  Elections must suck big time Thumbs Down
A new study finds that people who are chipper & happy live longer. Which is surprising because people who aren't chipper & happy want to kill people who are always chipper & happy. David Letterman
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2013 at 9:05pm
We are lucky, alot of empty nesters back here. Highschool kids can be loud, Stereos, LOUD Exhaust. A new batch is coming in though and it does not look good. Mini mini bikes, Remote controlled GAS powered cars. I have seen this kid drive and I just hope he does not bring tragedy to his family or someone elses.
bwestfall View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwestfall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2013 at 9:14pm
I have that same stuff, too.  We have 4 wheelers who techanically don't get in the road but hang halfway  into the road which is probably even more dangerous.  They never wear helmets either. My "gun" neighbor has been riding up banks of yards with his girl in front of him since she was 2.  I feel for her.
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2013 at 10:42pm
Currently, my traditional male neighbors across the road (rural community, some house close together) are on the old schedule of mowing their grass on a scedule whether it needs it or not, i.e., mowing it within an inch of its life.  My problem, they do it at 8am on Saturday morning.  One leaf blows everyday at 8am until every LAST LEAF has fallen; for hours on end.

I had an elderly couple right next door exactly like that in a place I once had. Needed a place when I moved up here from Myrtle Beach and this place was cheap. The old bat used to always get on me about the walnuts dropping from the walnut trees that were the boundary line. The trees belonged to the lady I rented the house from and why this lady kept on me about it, was beyond me.
Her husband(who looked like he was knocking at heaven's door) had no problem, it was just her. They put their clothes line right underneath those trees instead of the other sunnier side of property.Confused 

Not the first tree was in their yard and they kept their lawn manicured like a golf course. Even if there was a drought, their son would come every Saturday morning and fire up their ratty old riding mower with no muffler and cut.
Like clockwork, every Saturday morning. I hated them and I hated looking at their old fogy bloomers hanging on the clothes line 3 feet from my drive. 

They lived over to the right - on that golf course lawn.
Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2013 at 11:41pm
I have been living in my current house for 13 1/2 years and I still have no idea who my neighbors are. But to them, we must be the crazy cat people because of all the times we've been out on the street calling for Jellybean to come inside. We also feed the stray cats on the block so there's usually about three cats sleeping/hanging out on our front stoop during the day. Last year, one of the cats had kittens and kept them on our porch. They were the cutest things! I had to constantly poke my head out the door to keep the neighborhood brats from taking them, thereby reiterating the "crazy cat people" status.

One day, I opened the front door and found a nearly full box of Fancy Feast cat food on the stairs. Someone had bought a box, took a few cans and gave the rest to us. And when one of the neighbor's cat died (not too long after Jellybean did) last year, she gave us the leftover food she had because she knew we would either give it to the strays or to our remaining cat, Blackberry.
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2013 at 11:49pm
If you want to mess with those 'perfect' lawns, buy some bulk wild flower seeds, wait until the wind is right, and let them blow over.  I've also heard that you can't kill carrots with Roundup.  If that's true, might want to seed those around too....  Wink
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2013 at 2:15am
Rather than go back into the excrutiating details of my "nightmare neighbors" story, I'll just post a couple of links to the TWO THREADS I posted on them.

Pictures included!!!

And as bad as my neighbors were, I don't think they held a candle to some of the others posted about here.

Or this guy....

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2013 at 4:12am
Originally posted by bwestfall bwestfall wrote:

Currently, my traditional male neighbors across the road (rural community, some house close together) are on the old schedule of mowing their grass on a scedule whether it needs it or not, i.e., mowing it within an inch of its life.  My problem, they do it at 8am on Saturday morning.

This was the biggest issue growing up at my parents house. The neighborhood was 75% elderly people who had nothing better to do then go outside and shakily push around their old lawn mowers every weekend morning. My dad was crazy lawn guy too but at least he waited until a reasonable hour to mow his grass to death. He was always outside just ITCHING to f**k with the lawn. Omg tiny patch of dying grass? Better dig it all up and put down some new sod. Better walk around with the fertilizer trough once a month, better sit and water it until it's completely saturated and drowning.

I simply don't get "lawn guys". Most of our lawn is patchy and gets dandelions in the summer. Couldn't give 2 sh*ts about it. I don't think anyone in this neighborhood is a "lawn guy", but I also live by people that still have Christmas wreaths up. Aint no body got time fo lawns apparently.
It's ok, I'm in marketing!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2013 at 4:28am
Flowering weeds in your yard are desirable.

The bees & butterflies are disappearing because of all the construction destroying native plants & all these perfectly manicured yards.

I let the dandelions & other flowering weeds take over my entire back yard.

In my front yard I mow around them.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2013 at 6:19pm

My neighbor (the homeowner) tells me that even though the guy's been living there for months, his dog still growls at the guy.

The dog's a pitbull, but she's the sweetest damned pooch; she thinks she's a lap dog.  She just loves everyone.  Not this guy, though.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2013 at 6:25pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Flowering weeds in your yard are desirable.

The bees & butterflies are disappearing because of all the construction destroying native plants & all these perfectly manicured yards.

I let the dandelions & other flowering weeds take over my entire back yard.

In my front yard I mow around them.

I mow all that stuff down.  But I have so damned many other flowers and flowering plants that I'm not lacking for bees and butterflies...and, unfortunately, snails.

I'm especially crazy about the hummingbirds.  If it weren't for the cats, I'd have a hummingbird feeder.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
  Share Topic