Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Psycho Neighbor Stories

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad Endless Nauseum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2011 at 10:15am
Hey, Dark Father, the behavior of your neighbors, described in the initial posting, is called "shunning". It was big with the Pilgrims back in the 1600s as a punishment for anyone that threatened the security of the community in some fashion, and they figured that time in the stocks (in pillory) would not be enough, but hanging was too much. No one in the community was allowed to have any dealings at all with the shunned person. He/She in essence became an un-person.

Sounds to me that you've just got crazy neighbors. Wacko

Do you have an NRA sticker on your car? Simply being a member classifies you as a "gun nut" in the minds of the easily frightened or paranoid. Even if you own no firearms! I ran into that attitude a few years ago.

After hearing and reading so many stories of stupid HOA episodes, I promised myself, long ago, that I would never get into a situation that required me to get involved with one, and risk running afoul of a phone book sized list of semi-arbitrary rules. It is quite bad enough having to put up with illogical city and county zoning ordinances!
"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

Defense de fumer et de cracher

A message brought to you by this station and the Ad Council.
Sponsored Links

DARK FATHER View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DARK FATHER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2011 at 5:45pm
Yes Ad, I am quite familiar with SHUNNING!  The Amish still do it, but what infuriates me is that the neighbors will verbally attack my wife in my absence, but when I am around they do not dare look at me (literally).  Odd that you mentioned guns though.  Someone started a rumor that I was brandishing a gun in the neighborhood several years ago.  I do NOT have an NRA sticker.  And you are quite right that my neighbors are crazy.  I feel like I live in the Desperate Housewives show or that movie The 'Burbs.
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2011 at 11:23pm
Have you sent your "mole" around yet?  Maybe one of your neighbors is trying to get you out so he can get your house (hey, a Desperate Housewives plot...! LOL)
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2011 at 3:07am
Originally posted by DARK FATHER DARK FATHER wrote:

The Home Owners Association once sent me a nasty anonymous letter complaining about me having too much stuff in my front yard and it literally ordered me to clear up the front yard or move.  The HOA here does not have a charter and cannot enforce covenants since they failed to pay their dues, but they still try to bully people to get them to do what they want.  

So, uhhh...did you clean up your front yard?

Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DARK FATHER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2011 at 3:17am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

The Home Owners Association once sent me a nasty anonymous letter complaining about me having too much stuff in my front yard and it literally ordered me to clear up the front yard or move.  The HOA here does not have a charter and cannot enforce covenants since they failed to pay their dues, but they still try to bully people to get them to do what they want.  

Yes I did but it was only a little construction clutter, and clutter by itself is not illegal here.  However they tried to find other things to screw with me with such as burning trash in my yard at midnight.  One neighbor chose to come outside one night when I was burning off brush and trash in my front yard and came over yelling about it (this is the ONLY one to ever directly confront me and only because she was drunk).  She called the sheriff's department too, but they almost arrested HER because she was drunk and loud and I had not broken any law.  She recently had her kids taken from her due to her psychotic drug and alcoholic ways and has since moved away.
ThreadKiller View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreadKiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2011 at 3:52am

Wow. I complain about my neighbors spmetimes, but after reading some of you guys' posts, I'm pretty red-faced.

My biggest problems with neighbor 1 are they let their large dogs run through everyone's yards, gardens, etc., and the guy cuts his lawn to the length of a putting green. This in itself is his business, except that he also has no idea, after living here 30+ years, where his yard ends and mine starts. So, my yard frequently looks like it has crop circles in it, where Mr. Putting Green swings his mower into my yard while cutting. We're talking about 15-20 feet here.

Neighbor 2, on the other side, is into landscaping and, when we occasionally chat while working outside, he frequently gives me advice about my yard, shrubbery, and house. All this is in a tone that suggests it bothers him that my yard and landscaping aren't as spiffy as his--like I'm dragging down his property value.

It bothers me that he's not nearly as good-looking as I am, but I have the good grace not to mention it to him. LOL

Anyway, obviously things could be worse on ThreadKiller's street, so I am counting my blessings. 

Hundreds of threads killed.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2011 at 4:15am

Yes I did but it was only a little construction clutter, and clutter by itself is not illegal here.  However they tried to find other things to screw with me with such as burning trash in my yard at midnight.  One neighbor chose to come outside one night when I was burning off brush and trash in my front yard and came over yelling about it (this is the ONLY one to ever directly confront me and only because she was drunk).  She called the sheriff's department too, but they almost arrested HER because she was drunk and loud and I had not broken any law.  She recently had her kids taken from her due to her psychotic drug and alcoholic ways and has since moved away.

Okay.  I've had construction material in front of my house, too. 

I was picturing something like the house down the street from me.  All sorts of crap and kids toys strewn all about their weed-filled front yard, cars with cobwebs around the wheels, a broken garage door that hasn't worked in at least nine years so it reveals their hoarder-style garage, etc.  Supposedly, their backyard is even worse, creating a rat problem for the houses around them.

Dad's on Megan's List for forcible and drugged rape.  And the 26-ish daughter spent her teen years as a prostitute.

Everyone refers to it as "that house".

Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DARK FATHER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2011 at 4:46am
No Thor, my yard was NOTHING like "that house" in your neighborhood.  I just seem to be a magnet for weirdness.  I may even start a thread on that topic!
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2011 at 10:55pm
My guess is that you're "new". All the cackling hens in the hood need new blood to cackle about.
"OMG! Louis, did you see that new guy burning last night? The people that lived there before never did that!"
"No I didn't" exclaimed Myrtle "But I did see him brandish a firearm last week!"Ermm 
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2013 at 3:05pm

My new neighbor (roommates with the guy across the street) kinda gives me the creeps.  He's in his 50s.  I've only spoken at any length with him a few times, but each time, all he talks about is the damage he's done to other people's faces and limbs.  Within minutes of the first time I talked with him, he told me how he once shot and killed a guy in self-defense as he (the new neighbor)was carrying $350,000 in cash in some sorta corporate takeover.  The guy shot him first as he tried to rob him of the money, so it was self-defense.  He showed me his bullet wound/scar below his right shoulder.

Last night, he told me about how some teenager broke the mirror off his car.  He dragged the kid to the kid's house, and demanded that the father immediately beat up the son, or else he was going to beat up the father and then beat up the kid.  He also demanded $358 cash (he works on cars and knows prices, apparently) right there.  I dunno if he ended up beating anyone up in that incident.

Then, he once had two guys try to beat him with baseball bats.  He beat both of them up.  Then, when he saw one of them atop a ladder painting a house, he shot him in the hand with a BB gun, causing him to fall 27 feet and break an arm and a leg.

He wants to beat up a cop.

He used to duct-tape weights around his hand and punch cement walls to toughen up his wrists and fists.

Lotta stories like this.  He says that he just generally enjoys being mean and hurting people (he literally said this).  He says he likes the adrenaline.

Another rather odd thing---he hates music.  All music.  Music in general.  Doesn't understand why people listen to it.  Has no interest in current events, either.

Last night, after 15 minutes of this and me being unable to change the subject, I just said "Okay, see ya later"---as much out of boredom as anything else.  Very strange guy.  I'm not sure how much of his crap I should even believe, but anyone who talks like this is probably a bit deranged.  I'll say hello to him, I guess, but that's about it.

insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2013 at 3:29pm
^^ He sounds like the antagonist from the movie Disturbia.  
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2013 at 3:55pm

Thanks for that!  LOL

Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2013 at 4:12pm
LOL Or even worse, the creepy "Bundler" neighbors from the Vonage commercial. If he ever asks if you have Vonage, make sure to tell him no.
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2013 at 4:15pm
You are THOR!!!! 

You can take him!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2013 at 4:31pm
Originally posted by Hootman Hootman wrote:

You are THOR!!!! 

You can take him!

As John Kerry might say---"Would that it were, Hootman.  Would that it were."

Compared to this guy, I'm Justin Bieber.

LittleO View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2013 at 5:50pm
The house to one side of us is very small, probably a one-bedroom, but meticulously maintained. It has a nice, bright coat of paint, pretty flowers, and a vegetable garden. There is no garage, and I never see one car parked there consistently. I have never seen the person who lives there.

However, every day, roughly 1-8 people or groups visit this house. It begins about 7:45am, even on Sundays. (I know because their loud radios wake me up.) Someone pulls up, waits in their car until the exact hour (8am on the dot or whatever), then walks up the steps. Some knock, some walk directly in the front door. They all emerge 15 minutes to an hour later, empty-handed as when they went in. (Women sometimes carry purses, but other than that, no consistent objects.)

The people who come to this house all look reasonably middle-class and respectable, and most appear to be in their 30s or 40s. Occasionally a woman will bring 2-3 teenage girls. I can hear them talking but not enough to make out what they're saying, and I don't want to go full-on Gladys Kravitz. But I cannot for the life of me figure out what the hell they're doing there.

Drugs? Doubt it -- they all look normal and sober.
Piano lessons? I never hear anything from inside the house, and no one carries folders or sheet music.
Bible study? Maybe, but again, they're not carrying Bibles.
Massage therapy? Maybe? This is the best I can figure.

Any thoughts? I am totally not making this up.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2013 at 6:39pm

^  Maybe they're Jehovah's Witnesses??  I have a house nearby owned by a 60-ish Hispanic woman and her two adult daughters.  They're nice, but don't really interact with anyone else on the block.  They often have parties (noiseless and music-free), all attended by maybe 15-20 very nicely-dressed people of all ages and ethnicities.  Mostly white, though.  They all seem to have late-model or really clean-looking older cars.  It's all kinda mysterious, but I'm pretty sure they're Jehovah's Witnesses.

msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2013 at 6:47pm
^ drug mules? Dropping off/picking up?
The artist formerly known as Madawee

regulus View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2013 at 7:32pm

^  Maybe they're Jehovah's Witnesses??  I have a house nearby owned by a 60-ish Hispanic woman and her two adult daughters.  They're nice, but don't really interact with anyone else on the block.  They often have parties (noiseless and music-free), all attended by maybe 15-20 very nicely-dressed people of all ages and ethnicities.  Mostly white, though.  They all seem to have late-model or really clean-looking older cars.  It's all kinda mysterious, but I'm pretty sure they're Jehovah's Witnesses.

I'm 99% certain it's something illicit. I doubt they belong to the "Jolly Whiskey Club". LOL

Speaking of illicit activities a Trailer Park located about two miles from my house had their semi-annual neighborhood wide yard sale a couple of weeks ago. One fellow sells nothing but bootleg DVDs and CDs. Ever since I ran across this sale this guy has been doing this, I keep wondering when the Feds will catch up and put the kibosh on his little operation! LOL
Poiuyt Power!!!
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2013 at 7:54pm
I agree - that ain't no Jehovah Witness party going on. Chances are, it's a meth lab. Don't let the "well dressed, teenagers, etc" fool you. Something dirty is going down.
Middle class? Could be coke users. You'd be surprised how many "norma, sober, well dressed" middle calss people are on something.
or Oxycotin... percasets - something.

Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2013 at 8:21pm
^Was going to say that.

Not everyone on something has enlarged earlobes, sloppy tattoos they got from someone in a garage, and hair with colours you probably wouldn't even find in nature.

I mean, most of them, sure, but not everyone.
LittleO View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2013 at 8:55pm
JWs seems unlikely, since it's usually one person/car at a time.

Maybe it is, in fact, the most straight-laced, Wonderbread crew of druggies in all of America. They definitely have enough of a facade to throw off the casual observer, with the 7:45am Sunday appointments and the pretty garden. 

I know not all drug abusers look like TV crime show druggies, but this whole situation is just weird. I'm almost positive it's not a meth lab, simply from the logistics of the place. Their side door is less than 20 feet from my bedroom window, and I've never heard/seen/smelled anything suspicious in that regard. And I know, because I saw an episode of Breaking Bad once. Wink If it is drug-related, the Rx type seems more plausible.
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2013 at 9:43pm
Well now, it is tax time. Perhaps they are accountants? Doing online taxes?

WHy do I have a sudden urge to watch "Rear Window"  now?

LittleO View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2013 at 9:47pm
Originally posted by Madawee Madawee wrote:

Well now, it is tax time. Perhaps they are accountants? Doing online taxes?

WHy do I have a sudden urge to watch "Rear Window"  now?

Hope your leg isn't broken!

This has been going on steadily since we moved in last June, so I don't think it's anything seasonal.
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2013 at 9:49pm
They could run their (legitimate) business out of their home, and it's clientele who are coming by .. massage therapy would be a good possibility.  I was also thinking it's maybe a house on the market, but surely you would see For Sale signs in the front yard.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic